Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few questions, can anyone help?

Search this Thread

Old 01 December 2004, 07:13 PM
raylp
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few questions, can anyone help?

Hiya everyone,

I've been looking around the forums and although i've picked up a lot of info on the various scoobs that are available, i just waondered if you could give me some advice on a couple of models.

Hopefully want to try and buy one before the end of the year, as i think this is the best time to buy from a dealer.

anyways, i went to look at one today, pretty nice, dark blue uk scoob with some "prodrive mods" so im guessing its got a prodrive ECU.
sits on 19 inch rims, lexus clusters blah blah.
a little pricey for a 4 door, although its a W reg, but with high milage, 75k.
(the full spec is on auto trader, im sure some of you will have seen it).
The questions i've got about this particular car is, its fitted with leather, was that an option from subaru? or will this be a retrim?
Also, the whole car looked very nice, albeit a fresh polish and a dam good goin over with a turtlepad on the interior, does wonders for any car heh. but the lines were fine, didnt seem like any major accident damage, alloys have been repaired where kurbing seems to have happened. but what got me was the engine bay, when i lifted up the bonnet, everything was kinda rusty, and has alot of the corrosion spots, like when u've left a car sat for a long time through cold weather etc. kinda looks like mould. Is this right for a W reg? i mean my 15 year old 21 turbo lump looks newer than this one. should it be this way?

Also, im heading up to bradford tommorrow to see 3 type r's, again you lot might have seen them on Autotrader, and as i was skipping over some posts i saw alot of reference to some type r's in bradford, and also the phrase "wasting my time" heh.

not a good thing to read when your planning on driving 180 miles there n back!!

so, does anyone know of the 3 type r's in bradford? theres a white one (P reg), jap import i think, 17' gold alloys. a blue one at the same place (that i think is R reg), im not sure if thats an import or not and also a blue one at another garage thats close by thats also a P reg.
Does anyone have any info on these cars? are they all imports and indeed a Type R STI etc
URL's:
White one: http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD...a?id=132315411

Blue one: http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD...a?id=130594895

Blue one: http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD...a?id=131938603

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i'm finding it very hard to find a version im completely happy with heh

Cheers everyone

Ray
Old 01 December 2004, 07:27 PM
pin777
Scooby Regular

im no mechhanic m8 but if it was me any sign of rust on a w reg i would walk away.

its a buyers market and thers loads about.

as for the type r they look stunning and if its the right one it"ll be worth the drive.

ps

blue one its the fastest coulor

Old 01 December 2004, 07:47 PM
graham72
Scooby Regular

agree with above, any sign of rust or mould?!? walk away and look elsewhere, as you say its very easy to tart a car up for sale but it doesnt take long to go downhill.........
Old 01 December 2004, 08:05 PM
raylp
Scooby Newbie

wow thanks for the quick replies

yeah thats exactly what i'm thinking, it was just a shock to open the bonnet and see a very tatty engine bay. Esspecially as the rest of the car had had the once over

How about the leather? was that an option on Uk spec Scoobs? as i think its the only one i've seen for sale with leather.

can be seen here: http://www.virtual-showroom.co.uk/sc.../CSS/JCT28.CSS

How about the price range, the one above is 10k, with the 3 type r's from 9-10k

Ideally, i'd be after the Type r, with the 280ps (give or take) its a much better starting point for when i get the urge to tune.

Also, in regards to what i said before about people on here mentioning some type r's in bradford, has anyone actually been to see the ones i posted??

Guess im just really worried about buying a ****ter...... hehe!

Thanks again guys

Ray
Old 01 December 2004, 08:43 PM
CyprusScooby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In answer to some of your questions:

Leather was a dealer fit option on Scoobs. (very rare)

All Type-R's are imports.
The white one has a 22B front bumper (result of an accident or just upgraded?).
They are VERY cheap compared to other Type-R's for sale in the UK.

If you want to know more about Type-R's, then let me know.

----------------------
WRX STI Type-R V5
330bhp
Old 01 December 2004, 09:14 PM
raylp
Scooby Newbie

awesome mate thanks.

yeah i think its the first scoob i've seen with a leather interior, so i had to ask.
wonderful it is too

well really, any knowledge on the type R before tomoz would be wonderul, i like to go buying with plenty of knowledge so i can check for everything before i have to listen to dealer shpeel/whine....

i'm under the impression that the coupe was only in type r form, bar the 22b and p1, is that right? or did they make any other models in coupe form? just in case its a badged up version or something.

i think 2 of those type r's have the WRC embroidered seats, should they all have that?

whats the difference between the type r and the wrx sti 555 v limited?

what are the main things to look out for on the 97/98 models in terms of things going wrong?, i heard piston slap was a common fault on those years?

heh basically, as much as you can be bothered to type mate

also, thanks for pointing out the 22b bumper, i'll be sure to ask them about that.

heres the spec for each car by the way:

WHITE ONE:
1997 P Reg SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI Type R Version 3 2 Door Coupe Face Lift
2 Doors, Manual 5 speed, Coupe, Petrol, 53,000 miles, White. Power Steering, Central Locking, Electric Windows, Electric Mirrors,Quick Shift Gears, Air Con, Crystal Lights, 17"Gold Alloys, Fully Adjustable Tien Coil Over Suspension, Version 6 Rear Hi-Level Rear Spoiler, STi Strut Braces, V-Limited Suade Interior With FIA Subaru World Rally Champion Embroyded In Seats, STI Stainless Steel Exhaust, Pod Boost Guage, Fresh Import Full Tax And Test, SVA APProved, P/X Finance Warranty Avalible £9,995 ono.

Blue coupe:
R Reg SUBARU IMPREZA 2.0 WRX STi 555 V-Limited Type-R Version 4
2 Doors, Manual 5 speed, Coupe, Petrol, Metallic Blue. Power Steering, Remote Central Locking Alram, Clifford CAT 1 Aram, Gold Alloy Wheels, Auto Intercooler Water Spray, Lowered Suspension, Version 6 Rear Spoiler, Suade Interior With STi Embroyded, Bucket Seats, Rear Privacy Glass, Central Diff Lock Adjuster, Service History, P/X Finance Warranty Avalible £9,995 ono.

other blue coupe:
P Reg SUBARU IMPREZA
3 Doors, Manual 5 speed, Coupe, Petrol, Metallic Blue. Finance Available, Part Exchange Available, Service Record, Warranties Available, ABS, Adjustable seats, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Anti theft system, CD Multichanger, Central locking, Colour coding - Body, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Foglights, Heated screen, Immobiliser, Metallic paintwork, Power assisted steering, Remote locking, Spoiler, Tinted glass. WRX STI Type R 555 Red Top £8,995.

Once again mate, thanks a lot, its such a help to me.

Ray
Old 01 December 2004, 09:27 PM
STI -V4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

Cheers

Last edited by STI -V4; 27 October 2015 at 12:00 AM.