Off-side noise when de-accelerating in 03 STi

Search this Thread

Old 30 November 2004, 11:50 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Off-side noise when de-accelerating in 03 STi

Hi there.

I currently own a 03 STi without PPP. Had the car for 4 months and currently have 10.5k miles on the clock. When I was driving to work one morning I put my foot down a bit in 2nd Gear and before I knew it was coming up pretty quickly behind another car so lifted off the accelarator to start to slow down, to my bewilderment, I heard an almight whooshing noise and what sounded like a creaking noise coming from the right had side of the car (Off-side). Ever since When I de-accelerate from hard I still hear like a creaking noise on the same side of the car. Okay I was pushing the car but not red lining. Getting a bit worried and as the car is still under warranty, considering calling up the local dealer to get it booked in.
Does anyone have any idea what can cause this noise on the drivers side of the car? :confused;

Also a bit off topic. Is it known if the Passenger side stereo speaker known to have problems, as this has started to intermittently stop working. Could be a loose wire?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01 December 2004, 11:06 AM
sushi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My guess is the famous Subaru wind effect around the door pillar. Try it again with the window wound down and see what happens.

Speaker is one for the dealer