Sponsored by:

What to do about tossers?

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2004, 10:37 PM
m3matt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do about tossers?

On my way home tonight, I had a most unusual 'run in' with some 55/60 year old **** in a 1.8 Audi A4. I was minding my own business, just pootling along from J8 of the M25 towards Kingston.

Anyway, this **** in the A4 starts acting, well, a bit strange. He had got off at J8 too and basically followed me - but he started getting nearer and nearer, but I though nothing of it.

That is until I went around a roundabout, turning right, and to my horror the **** was right next to me, in my left-hand-side blind spot - must have been only inches away - I am amazed we never hit each other. He tried to get in front of me (was a narrow road) but I put my foot down to avoid him hitting me.

But thats not all, he continued to act very much like a tosser, cutting people up and accelerating hard from traffic lights, cutting me up - another two times At this point, he went ahead and I thought that was the end of it, but no, he had waited or something and ended up behind me - again !

It got to the point where, if the lights had allowed, it would have been an out-of-the-car job. I am certain he knew exactly what he was doing, I just couldn't believe he was doing it.

What would you have done?

Matt
Old 28 November 2004, 10:40 PM
yoza
BANNED

Smashed his face in.
Old 28 November 2004, 10:43 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

Shot him.
Old 28 November 2004, 10:45 PM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by yoza
Smashed his face in.
....with the crowbar from my boot.....

.....nd his headlights.....
Old 28 November 2004, 10:45 PM
New_scooby_04

Best to just pull over mate! Having just got my Scooby, I got so angry at some twonk driving a corsa up my new backbox and trying -then aborting- overtaking in the most inappropriate and dangerous places that had i have got the chance I would have got out of the car and tore him a new place to put his burberry cap!! :-)

They're just not worth dicing with or loosing any hair over.

Best.
Old 28 November 2004, 10:56 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i hurt my wrist badley last time sumthing like that happend to me
Old 28 November 2004, 11:03 PM
m3matt
Scooby Regular

pull over, yeh, good call - although I just wanted to get back home, didn't release I'd have to contend with A4 twatfacefu*kfink a few times !
Old 28 November 2004, 11:06 PM
buzzuk
Scooby Regular

i'd have done him, without question
Old 28 November 2004, 11:08 PM
highlander68k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
i hurt my wrist badley last time sumthing like that happend to me
That's why you should always use your elbows It doesn't normally leave a bruise either.

Mr Plod naturally checks your knuckles if you've been accused of hitting someone. Always deny everything and claim that surely if T. Osser had suffered that badly you would have been bruised, or at least had red raw knuckles.
Old 28 November 2004, 11:11 PM
m3matt
Scooby Regular

I could have smashed his car up with my Maglight, although it's not worth hurting the mag light on the car - maybe a mag-in-the-face is the way to go
Old 28 November 2004, 11:12 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

If you got his number then report him. If he was driving as badly as that others may have already.
Other than that - stalk him
Old 28 November 2004, 11:15 PM
highlander68k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alas
If you got his number then report him. If he was driving as badly as that others may have already.
Has anyone here reported someone for bad driving??? I just wonder how the police deals with it. Do they warn them or just ignore you?
Old 28 November 2004, 11:30 PM
New_scooby_04

Its hard not to rise to it sometimes.... I really would hate to have thought what I would have done if the t*at in the Corsa had have damaged my pride and joy through his ignorance and stupidity behind the wheel. however, its always worth remembering the saying:

"He was right -dead right- as he drove along, but he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong!"

Best.
Old 29 November 2004, 05:43 AM
richir rich
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by m3matt
On my way home tonight, I had a most unusual 'run in' with some 55/60 year old **** in a 1.8 Audi A4. I was minding my own business, just pootling along from J8 of the M25 towards Kingston.

Anyway, this **** in the A4 starts acting, well, a bit strange. He had got off at J8 too and basically followed me - but he started getting nearer and nearer, but I though nothing of it.

That is until I went around a roundabout, turning right, and to my horror the **** was right next to me, in my left-hand-side blind spot - must have been only inches away - I am amazed we never hit each other. He tried to get in front of me (was a narrow road) but I put my foot down to avoid him hitting me.

But thats not all, he continued to act very much like a tosser, cutting people up and accelerating hard from traffic lights, cutting me up - another two times At this point, he went ahead and I thought that was the end of it, but no, he had waited or something and ended up behind me - again !

It got to the point where, if the lights had allowed, it would have been an out-of-the-car job. I am certain he knew exactly what he was doing, I just couldn't believe he was doing it.

What would you have done?

Matt
1 followed to see if he went home ,then revenge is sweet or report him if hes done it b4 its a big
Old 30 November 2004, 03:13 PM
EXSCOOBY
Scooby Regular

ive had this before
i used to be a nightclub bouncer
(shame shame)
i was followed home by 3 guys in a car. I lost them but the car i was driving was slower that my current car and they caught up on a long road. I stopped and got out rather than let anyone see where i lived. They thought about it and didnt get out of the car even though they pulled up yards from my bumper. I was and still am a large man!!!
I also had a bizarre experience where some guy was driving literally inches away from my bumper on a dual carriage way in freezing fog. I accelerated to 90 but he kept on and eventaully nearly hit me going round a roundabout. I follwed his car and caught him in a small village. He was 60 odd and about 5 foor 2, 4 stone overweight with his wife in tow. Her first comment was "john youre always doing this"
I asked him to explain his behavior. His answer was "you wouldnt move over"
i said "its freezing fog, dark and im doing 90 miles an hour approaching a roundabout. why the ****ing hell would you want to go faster"
he simply kept saying "you wouldnt move over!!!!"
this got louder and louder, until a crowd gathered. i thought very seriously about giving him a slap, but it was in the village where my mum lives and he would have probably had a heartattack. Ive seen him since driving like a maniac lane swapping going up the rainford bypass. he was in a hyundi 1.4 tiny thing btw.
haha
Old 30 November 2004, 03:21 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by highlander68k
Has anyone here reported someone for bad driving??? I just wonder how the police deals with it. Do they warn them or just ignore you?
I've been reported for dangerous driving and was pulled up on the motorway within 5 mins. The police told me that they have to look into such matters. Luckily I hadn't done anything wrong, just some tosser who took a dislike to me flashing him out of lane 3 when lane 2 was completely deserted.
Old 30 November 2004, 03:58 PM
redeye
Scooby Regular

get one of these.lol
Old 30 November 2004, 04:16 PM
Trem
Scooby Regular

Got one.....well a Thomson. My dads general purpose machine gun ended up in a canal somewhere after he died. The Thomson stays with me though
Old 30 November 2004, 05:16 PM
STI @ 21
Scooby Regular

Had this on Sundday on the M25 was driving back from Preston, came on the M25 at the M1 and went round to the Dartford tunnel. Anyway was doing Run London in the evening so was keen to get home and get some rest, and get unpacked etc so was doing between 80 or 90 keeping my distance and just cruising. Anyway am not a fan of people who sit in the outside lanes when the two inside ones are clear, so usually give them some time, before moving up behind them, most seem to get the message and if not I usually just give a flash. Anyway some guy in a Renault Clio sitting in the fast lane inside lanes clear, so I move a bit closer to him, at that point he then looks in the mirro and puts his hands up so I just point over to the inside lanes, and he moves over for me. So I move past, about to say thanks with the hand, but when I look over there he is pointing at me giving me ****** signs and all the rest of it and mouthing dirty words!! So I move on past just ignoring him, then I have to slow down for traffic in the outside line, no where for people to go as inside lanes blocked as well so sit there next thing I know is the **** has pulled up next to me and pointing and mouthing again,winding down his window. I just keep mine done up, and concentrate on the road. Anywya next thing I know he is trying to get in front of me, and has got a folded up Motorola mob in his hand pretending to be phoning the police I would guess. Anyway he carrieson trying to cut me up, and trying to grap my attention, I ain't stopping as there are no lights and no id and as we go under one of those big flashy signs which says Don't phone whilst driving I slow down to let him catch up to me and just pointed at the sign, you could see him getting more and more pissed, and then I just put the foot down a bit the traffic cleared and enjoyed the rest of my trip home

There are some complete ******* in all cars out there, don't understand what they have against us scooby drivers. We are probably the safest group on the road, as we don't want to damage our car, and actually have a car you can drive saf,e but everyone seems to think we are worse then the rest really gets to me
Old 30 November 2004, 06:10 PM
axgt_bwaii
Scooby Regular

it **** me off too u cant get out a leather some ******* driver cos we have a annoying thing called a registration plate. ok im a car moding fan, i had a few hot hatches im 24 but i dont cut ppl up not signal or speed through town. if i do cut someone up its an accident and im usually quite curtious to others.
Old 30 November 2004, 06:35 PM
Trem
Scooby Regular

In my opinion young (male) drivers are the best. They are alert, have fast reactions and tend to be courteous.
Old 30 November 2004, 06:43 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

What would I do?

Stay out of his way or get out of his way. I own an Impreza and an AXGT. I don't want the scoob bashed and I don't want to die from having an accident in the AX....

If he was that bad, report him.

J.
Old 30 November 2004, 06:49 PM
Big-G
Scooby Regular

Default Nailed a Can of Chavs.

I originally posted this on a similar thread in October :-

Driving out of Liverpool, I stopped at some lights near Woolton Hill park.
Can of chavs had been behind (Astra with loud exhaust) for about half a mile giving it the revs and the loud music.
I take off from the lights at an easy pace, can of chavs still behind giving me the 'in yer boot' treatment. Took it up to 60 in a 40 limit (it was a dual carriageway with a blind left bend about half a mile from the traffic lights), I moved to the left lane after passing the traffic and slowed down to just under 40 before the bend. Can of chavs overtakes and occupants were giving me the single finger sign, they carried on accelerating around the bend and left me behind. After the bend I passed them, they were being forced to slow down by a man on a colourful motorbike with a nice blue light on it

I had been down the dual carriageway in the opposite direction about 20 mins earlier and clocked the mobile speed trap after the bend!!

Was I cool or cruel

Big-G
Old 30 November 2004, 06:57 PM
m3matt
Scooby Regular

thanks for the stories guys - positive proof of tosser-culture.

I also truly hate chavs, I walked into town today at lunch time and some chavs were at the bus stop - eating KFC and swearing like beasts and generally just being tossers. It just makes me so mad, they were obviously dole-dossers, being paid for by hard-working peoples taxes and for what, so they can at a bus stop and act like tossers.

As poor-old Kenny Everitt used to say 'round em up, put em in a field and bomb the *******s'.
Old 30 November 2004, 07:14 PM
explore
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by highlander68k
they do nothing mate a car and van almost run me my miss's and little'n off the road i was on the grass verdge of a daul carridge way, they both came on from a slip road i saw them so i enter'd the outside lane, they didnt slow down for the road works a head one went to pull out into my lane to go round but saw me and pulled back in then when i got almost beside them the van pulled out right in front of me and the car pushed me onto the grass verdge, i went ******* mad at both of them if there were lights or anything that had stop them i would have been out of my car and they would have ended up in A&E. anyway that didnt happen so i phoned the police with both reg numbers and they said unless i had another witness that had nothing to do with me (someone else on the road) they would do nothing. are they really that lazy these days?
Old 30 November 2004, 08:07 PM
New_scooby_04

I'm afraid after 3 months of Scooby ownership I've come to the conclusion that its par for the course when you own a performance car. People assume that because you drive a fast car, you'll want to use every ounce of the performance everywhere. If you don't, they'll do anything to get past you, as if by owning such a car you're duty bound to speed everywhere. If you do put your foot down and drive assertively, you're automatically a wa*ker in a flashy car.

Frankly I just let em get on with it. I'm not going to drive dangerously to appease them, I don't need to prove anything and I'll reserve using the power of my scooby for occassions when it is safe to do so.

Best.
Old 30 November 2004, 11:08 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by yoza
Smashed his face in.
same here ....and I feel like smashing some one's face r8 NOW !
Old 30 November 2004, 11:10 PM
apples24
Scooby Regular

ive told you.. you know were i live im not hiding nothing, come see me if you have a problem instead of leaving ***** replys on internet sites like this

are you a man or a mouse?
Old 30 November 2004, 11:12 PM
bighead
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by apples24
ive told you.. you know were i live im not hiding nothing, come see me if you have a problem instead of leaving ***** replys on internet sites like this

give it a rest ......you con me , good on you
Old 30 November 2004, 11:13 PM
RJMS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by apples24

At the risk of being abused by both of you WTF can't you sort this out somewhere else - this has been a good thread - don't get it locked.

Quick Reply: What to do about tossers?