Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V3 STi value after engine rebuild?

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2004, 03:09 PM
kpnuts
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V3 STi value after engine rebuild?

I have an imaculate white V3 sti import the car has covered 70,000 miles but is now having the engine rebuild by API engines, I had not had it long and it looks as though it fell victim to the oil change problem as it was done a few days before I got the car, When the engine work is done I am thinking of selling it as the engine will be spot on, not knowing a lot about these cars is an engine rebuild something that I can ask extra money for the car as I will be out of pocket it would be nice to get some back appricate your thoughts
Old 28 November 2004, 03:14 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You wont really make any cash from the engine rebuild, especially if you try to sell it due to focusing on this....
If anything a buyer may be put off as they dont know the reasons the engine has been rebuilt for...
Also most people who want impreza's now dont know who is a good builder (like API) or who isnt, so it then brings that into question....
Very hit and miss, but you wont get anything for a new/rebuilt engine on the price as there are many to choose from and its a buyers market this time of year.

Tony
Old 28 November 2004, 09:12 PM
Scoobydrive
Scooby Regular

What do you mean fall victim to the oil change problem? Whats the story with that?
Thanks.

Originally Posted by kpnuts
I have an imaculate white V3 sti import the car has covered 70,000 miles but is now having the engine rebuild by API engines, I had not had it long and it looks as though it fell victim to the oil change problem as it was done a few days before I got the car, When the engine work is done I am thinking of selling it as the engine will be spot on, not knowing a lot about these cars is an engine rebuild something that I can ask extra money for the car as I will be out of pocket it would be nice to get some back appricate your thoughts
Old 28 November 2004, 09:23 PM
kpnuts
Scooby Regular

Searching threads on big end problems I came accross a fair few reports of cars having big end failure within minutes or a few days of an oil change being done, and as mine had just been done it appears likely that it may have been the cause, appart from my over enthusiastic driving!
Old 29 November 2004, 03:55 PM
Keef69
Scooby Regular

How much are you going to be looking for. I bought my white, V3 STI in June for £5,500 with new head gaskets/cambelt etc. He found that people were put off by the fact a head gasket had blown, even though he'd spent £1,800 on rebuilding the top end at a decent garage.