Sponsored by:

New Car - Help

Search this Thread

Old 25 November 2004, 08:40 PM
scoobie elf
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Car - Help

I am about to purchase a new MY05 WRX import as my first Subaru. I've done all the normal research you do when buying a car and finally decided to go for an import basically as far as I can see it's exactly the same car that I could purchase from a main dealer except for no alarm and locking wheel nuts but is quite a bit a cheaper. My only concern is that if I buy it from an importer will I have problems if any warranty work is required or if I have any problems with the car. I've read on some threads about various problems, some fairly major and I don't want to find that I could end up with a sick car and nowhere to take it as all the main dealer wash there hands of it. Has anyone experienced any problems with a new imported car and had problems when taking it to the main dealers with the problems?
Old 25 November 2004, 08:55 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by scoobie elf
I am about to purchase a new MY05 WRX import as my first Subaru. I've done all the normal research you do when buying a car and finally decided to go for an import basically as far as I can see it's exactly the same car that I could purchase from a main dealer except for no alarm and locking wheel nuts but is quite a bit a cheaper. My only concern is that if I buy it from an importer will I have problems if any warranty work is required or if I have any problems with the car. I've read on some threads about various problems, some fairly major and I don't want to find that I could end up with a sick car and nowhere to take it as all the main dealer wash there hands of it. Has anyone experienced any problems with a new imported car and had problems when taking it to the main dealers with the problems?
How much are you saving against best discount UK car is the key point?
Old 25 November 2004, 09:00 PM
scoobie elf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GRIFF007
How much are you saving against best discount UK car is the key point?
An import price of 16.5k against a main dealer of 19.9k.
Old 25 November 2004, 09:13 PM
D Noble
Scooby Regular

european imports are covered under the first year by your local dealer, they register it with subaru uk(do this at your 1000mile service), there after it is up to you, although it can be a bit of a pain if somethigh does go wrong, my my00 was a dutch import which i did myself, and the clutch went, so i had to contact the supplying dealer in holland, who was not as sympathetic as the uk ones with the dreaded cltch judder, they wanted to see it before they honoured the waranty, which means taking the old one out sending it to them and holding your breath, in the end i just paid for an upgraded prodrive one, and figured that as i saved £6.5K, £800 for a new clutch i was still saving quite a lot)

saying that i would do it again, and probably will when it come to change!
regards
dave

Last edited by D Noble; 25 November 2004 at 09:15 PM.