Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PPP anywhere for less than £1600?

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2004, 12:07 PM
Mr Sympathy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking PPP anywhere for less than £1600?

My MY01 WRX is now out of warranty period and not wanting to trade in for a new one I am considering the PPP to give me that little oomph. I will spend around 1500 and like the sound of PPP fitting regards insurance and as a proven package.

Or would i be better off spending 1500 on other individual mods, dont wanna go mad just considering a chip /air kit / exhaust only. Am I being unreasonable? Do the new owners of scoobysport still do the ECU remap and exhaust to give you 285BHP? Know they folded sometime ago.

All advice gladly received, no expert on this.
Old 16 November 2004, 12:09 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

I would go for a EcuTek 3 Re-Map... Full de-cat exhaust... Panel Filter

That little lot will probably cost under a grand, depending on where you buy from, and will give better power figures than PPP'ing your car.

You own local group section should be able to help you with reliable places that will be able to do the Re-Map for you.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 16 November 2004, 02:25 PM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

I'm sure you will get better than PPP given you have no reason to do this - however, the only benefit which many seem to forget is that in most cases, the value of adding on bits to a car is never really paid back, whereas it 'could' be said that the value of the PPP is not just in warranty but that it is Subaru approved, and therefore less likely to put off a uneducated buyer. I know it's not much, but I do feel that having the certificate of uniformity will give the buyer added confidence in the kit.

However, if you do go the PPP route, I would join SIDC, and look at their dealers who offer a 10% discount. I did exactly that, and managed to find the nearest dealer who was willing to give me this of a PPP, which is now ordered. For the cost of SIDC, you easily get that back with a PPP order.

Andy
Old 16 November 2004, 03:33 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

If you dont do something to give it more go the likelyhood is you will be trading it in soon I should imagine. Therefore a couple of well chosen mods will change the feel of the car without it costing you the fortune that changing would. I would suggest giving TSL a buzz. Have a chat with Gavin and see what he recommends. Either that or the guys at Power engineering. They would be able to fit an exhaust and re-map car giving you the increased power and torque.

ps there are loads of other people out there doing this kind of work I have only quoted the two I have done business with.

Gary