Sponsored by:

Question about my new scooby

Search this Thread

Old 11 November 2004, 12:41 AM
fallwood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about my new scooby

Im about to exchange my 98 integra type-r for an 02 wrx with 30k on the clock. Had the teg for 3 yrs now and loved every minute of it (apart from the shattered spine), ive had a couple of test drives in the scoob but wasnt overly impressed with the performance, its a standard wrx while my teg had a full de-cat stainless and viper induction kit. The teg feels quite a bit faster to me, does it sound like something could be wrong with this scooby or is it just that im so used to the aggressive vtec engine in the teg.
Old 11 November 2004, 08:16 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

I think what your trying to tell us all is how impressive your teg is........thanks for that.
The standard wrx will not break your spine as you put it. It puts out 217bhp (something like that) and is a heavy car. Its quick, yeah, but it isnt going to be super car quick. However if you stay on here long enough the guys will tell you how to mod it and turn it into something a wee bit quicker
Old 11 November 2004, 08:39 AM
stevie boy
Scooby Regular

hi mate,

honda 187 bhp std so with decat an induction you should be anywhere from std to maybe 200 ish in a light 2wd car. 4wd transmissions sap quite abit more power than a 2wd systems, therefore an extra 17 - 30 bhp will be swallowed up in extra wieght of the impreza and the 4wd transmission losses. however turbo'd cars are far cheaper and easier than n/a cars to extract more power if the need takes ya. but if ya planning on buying a wrx and then tuning it up to the power of a sti, why not buy an sti or better still a classic type r in the first place imho (not having ago at wrx's or trying to start argument, just talking of my exp and point of view)

stevie
Old 11 November 2004, 09:20 AM
fallwood
Scooby Regular

I'd have loved an sti but all i could push to was a wrx , I dont want silly amounts of power just enough to keep me smiling, I was under the impression that a wrx was slightly quicker than a teg in standard form but it doesnt feel it, maybe cos its a lot quieter it just feels slower. Im considering a remap of the ecu , full exhaust and induction kit this should give me enough shouldnt it.
Old 11 November 2004, 09:48 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fallwood
Im about to exchange my 98 integra type-r for an 02 wrx with 30k on the clock. Had the teg for 3 yrs now and loved every minute of it (apart from the shattered spine), ive had a couple of test drives in the scoob but wasnt overly impressed with the performance, its a standard wrx while my teg had a full de-cat stainless and viper induction kit. The teg feels quite a bit faster to me, does it sound like something could be wrong with this scooby or is it just that im so used to the aggressive vtec engine in the teg.
Properly modded teg will be faster once rolling than a standard 02 WRX.

My standard 00 'teg was.

Power delivery will be completely different, the fun is over in the scoob when its just beginning in the 'Teg.
Old 11 November 2004, 10:24 AM
automodellistagt
Scooby Regular

if you make the scooby louder and a few more bits or pieces it will help with the 'fast feeling factor'. The Modern scoobies dont feel fast due to the extra weight etc etc but you will be surprised at how 'quickly' you can get from A to B, even if they dont feel that fast
Old 11 November 2004, 10:53 AM
fallwood
Scooby Regular

Well I pick it up on friday so ill see how it goes, would have kept the teg but she's getting on a bit and they are fetching good money so I thought it was time for a change. At least ill be able to get the missus in the back seat !!!.

Trending Topics

Old 11 November 2004, 10:54 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

ooh err missis
Old 11 November 2004, 11:04 AM
Valkeerie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fallwood
I have an MY01, which I think is the same as the 02. Neither have the performance of the classics or the 03/04 models - see my comments in this thread

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=378089

But PPP makes all the difference.
Old 11 November 2004, 02:08 PM
fallwood
Scooby Regular

So after a remap , exhaust and filter it should be quicker than my old car. Whats a safe bhp figure to run without getting into changing the bottom end/pistons etc.