Sponsored by:

how much??!!?

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2004, 08:02 PM
gazzaladsti
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how much??!!?

i dont spend loads of time on here, but recently i have been reading a lot of threads namely "resale value of classics and not happy".its made me wonder "has the world gone mad?"
im trying to sell my 02 sti prodrive style at the moment,and i ve been reading the auto trader a lot lately and i cant believe my eyes.ive seen an 04 sti for just under £17000 !!.ive recently seen 2 p1's for under £13000 and even dealers are selling 01 sti's for 12 or 13k. when i bought my sti about 8 months ago some dealers were selling them for up to £22000.there are loads for sale at the moment for stupid money.surely a new sti is about £22000 minimum.you can expect to lose some money as soon as you drive a new motor away.. but that much in 7 months?
the car i have now is not as much fun as my 96 sti (not as much of the grin factor ) but it is by far and away the best looking car i've ever owned. i have never had a car where so many people men and women and especially kids have stoppped and gawped at it.my kids love been taken to school in it cos all their mates love to look at the car.
i cant believe that such a classy car can be going so cheap.it must be that the market is absolutely flooded with scoobs at the mo thus pushing prices so low. it is a sad state of affairs,even for all its knockers its still a bloody good car.at this rate they will only be worth £10 grand by the end of the year anyone got any similar experiences or points of view?

cheers gaz