Sponsored by:

Costs for work on 2000 Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2004, 02:23 PM
Roger Woods
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Costs for work on 2000 Turbo?

I have a V reg 2000 mdl turbo at home thats getting a bit tired but I cant bear to part with it, I have other cars so the Scoobys turned into a 'as and when car'

Mica Green done 105K now - I would like to get it right up to scratch - Anyone give me some kind of idea how much say for a back to metal respray engine rebuild (standard), clutch etc.

I have been thinking that a trip up to the Scoobyclinic is on the cards, I work away and travel loads now days so the car would not be ready to have some thing done until mid/late next year but I would like an idea as to what kind of costs etc and whether its worth doing - after all its not going any place!

Cheers lads for keeping me entertained on Scoobynet whilst I'm working here in Saudi Arabia and the middle east in general - Not many scoobs here!!
Old 07 November 2004, 10:00 PM
Coulster
Scooby Regular

In my opinion its not worth doing, engine rebuild and full respray at scoobyclinic I reckon you wont get much change out of £5000 depending on extent of rebuild, parts etc.

Its your cash and your car and if you wanna spend the money I say go for it......could always get the 2.5 litre conversion done at the clinic......now theres an idea.

On a negative view, will u run the car into the ground for the next 10 years or do you see yourself getting a new motor before that....spending all that cash u will never be able to get back.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 08 November 2004, 02:15 AM
Roger Woods
Scooby Regular

Cheers Coulster, Thanks for your view, I was thinking around that figure for getting all the work done - still cheaper than replacing it!.

Cant see me parting with it so I would not be expecting to get money back I'm not very good at getting rid of things but I do like buying!

I have a Kawasaki ZX7R in the garage that I bought new in Jan 1998 - again cant part with that either - like the Scooby it gets polished more than riden - thinking of putting that on a plinth in the front room altough the girl friend aint to happy with that idea - but its my house......

I think I will have a chat with the clinic next year some time and decide were I go with this idea then!

Last edited by Roger Woods; 08 November 2004 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Spelling