Sponsored by:

oneupmanship...!

Search this Thread

Old 06 November 2004, 05:52 PM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oneupmanship...!

hey everyone, lets have an opinion on this...

ive just bought a fantastic MY02 WRX PPP...beautiful she is...anyway, previously i drove a 1991 (ST185) toyota celica GT4 import, which was a good, fast car itself, had a few mods; powerflow s/s exhaust, superchip, couple of other bits, putting out somewhere between 240 and 250 bhp...i knew i was going to struggle to sell it as it was 13 years old, no service history and imported but a mate of mine whos a bit of a frustrated boy racer took it off me for 2 grand...cool, nice one

so what does he go and do? spends 3 grand on mods...?! now i know the reason he bough a 2 grand car was so he could put some mods on, rather than just buy a 5 or 6 grand unmodified car or whatever, but heres the thing...

prior to buying mine, he had a saxo with bits and bobs stuck all over it, the kind of thing a 19 year old boy racer would have, then he got a hyundai coupe F2, so hes working his way up, but hes desperate to get one up on me and as a result, he got my old car up to 250 bhp, new turbo, induction kit, boost controller, etc, etc...next thing i know hes banging on to everyone about how much faster the GT4 now is than my scooby...?!?

it is alot faster than it used to be, ive driven it since and we ended up racing an evo VII, lets just say i think he was surprised, but he just doesnt like the fact that ive still got a faster, better handling car...! now hes on about getting it over 300 bhp...fair play to him, but its all just so he can say hes got a faster car than me...!!!

by the way, he fitted a dump valve, and i still cant believe how tacky they sound...!
Old 06 November 2004, 05:55 PM
julian N/W wrx my93
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

he's got a better shape for a start...........
Old 06 November 2004, 05:56 PM
theotherphil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let it go over your head - no use getting worked up about it. At least you can take a bootfull of shopping and 4x adults and still be quicker than most things on the road. Just enjoy what you have.
Old 06 November 2004, 06:11 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice one, healthy competition, nothing wrong with that