Search this Thread

Old 02 November 2004, 09:13 PM
virgin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY04 With PPP

Hi

Just made my mind up to go down the ppp route with my 04 wrx

Took me 3 months to decide and research etc , and have just about every pos and neg in mind, i get a bit sad and go over the top with researching ,analitical mind and all that !

so , the last thing i am trying to mind out is what the wrx ppp my04 actaully feels like when youswitch to it from standard

I used to have a myoo uk turbo with full magnex de-cat , re-mapp ,ind kit ,res removed,eibachs , alot of weight reductions as well etc etc and got 265 t and 272 b

i am wodering if the new car would match my old, or wether the throttle response would feel more aggresive with the wrx ppp etc

anyone out there fancy doing a long indepth reply by chance ?
Old 03 November 2004, 07:13 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by virgin
Hi

Just made my mind up to go down the ppp route with my 04 wrx
looks like you made your own mind up anyway

Originally Posted by virgin

i am wodering if the new car would match my old, or wether the throttle response would feel more aggresive with the wrx ppp etc
The Classics are lighter and Power to wieght ratio would better but PPP is all about better Performance with WARRANTY but youve researched PPP so you know that

You'd get closer to perforformance simularly modding your car and EcuTek'd but by by Warranty

Tony
Old 03 November 2004, 09:32 AM
GREGGYG
Scooby Regular

The most important thing to remeber is that the newer Scooby models are very refined, and because of this you won't 'feel' that rawness you are maybe expecting to feel! Ive just sold a WRX 03 PP which I owned for 18 months and had 14000 miles of pleasure, especially late nights, when the roads are quiet and it's a bit colder, so your turbo is even more responsive! I was very pleased with PPP.
Originally Posted by T5NYW
looks like you made your own mind up anyway

The Classics are lighter and Power to wieght ratio would better but PPP is all about better Performance with WARRANTY but youve researched PPP so you know that

You'd get closer to perforformance simularly modding your car and EcuTek'd but by by Warranty

Tony
Old 03 November 2004, 09:37 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Have you tried an STi??? Pick up a standard 04 for 22k IIRC at the moment.
Old 03 November 2004, 10:38 AM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GREGGYG
The most important thing to remeber is that the newer Scooby models are very refined, and because of this you won't 'feel' that rawness you are maybe expecting to feel! Ive just sold a WRX 03 PP which I owned for 18 months and had 14000 miles of pleasure, especially late nights, when the roads are quiet and it's a bit colder, so your turbo is even more responsive! I was very pleased with PPP.
Greggyg,
I was dissing the newage as I own a Bugeyed MY02STi with PPP but the upshot of refinement is a weight penalty mechanical/handling improved lots to make up ground and have always been an Advocate of PPP

Tony
Old 03 November 2004, 02:46 PM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

No one has mentioned Torque yet.
I can only compare my 03PPP to the standard MY99 wagon i had before.
No it doesnt feel as raw but by god its quicker in all respects bar extreme cornering (Extra weight and softer springs being the problem).

With PPP you get more pound foot of torque than an sti and this makes it so more relaxing to drive especially on motorways
Old 04 November 2004, 12:22 AM
virgin
Scooby Regular

cheers mattstant , was your my99 wagon modified ?
Old 04 November 2004, 11:35 AM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

No virgin my99 was bog standard uk version but considered to be the best of the classic uk's
Old 04 November 2004, 11:53 AM
STI4ME
Scooby Regular

I never owned my car before it was PPP'd, but in comparrison with the std WRX's I drove it makes a huge difference. No it's not as raw as a classic, but if I wanted something as raw as a classic and wasn't bothered about anything else, I'd have bought a classic. I'd love an STi but couldn't stretch to one at the time, but my WRX with PPP, Prodrive springs, and uprated front brakes is probably the best option I could possibly have gone for (short of an STi )
Old 04 November 2004, 08:05 PM
virgin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mattstant
No virgin my99 was bog standard uk version but considered to be the best of the classic uk's
i just chopped my my00 uk ,(same as my99 apart from some cosmetics with reduced piston slap chances i think) i had full magnex de-cat, remap with P.E , ind kit etc etc

gear box went though ): plus needed 70k service and was sitting at 86k
wicked car.

but had to go, new age wrx is very good and should be fun with ppp
Old 04 November 2004, 08:13 PM
virgin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STI4ME
I never owned my car before it was PPP'd, but in comparrison with the std WRX's I drove it makes a huge difference. No it's not as raw as a classic, but if I wanted something as raw as a classic and wasn't bothered about anything else, I'd have bought a classic. I'd love an STi but couldn't stretch to one at the time, but my WRX with PPP, Prodrive springs, and uprated front brakes is probably the best option I could possibly have gone for (short of an STi )
same hear mate, bought new wrx 2months ago, couldnt stretch to sti but this is what i figure

wrx ppp = slightly more torq than sti

buy a sti and you may as well get ppp , and so on, where do you stop ?

if you do go sti ppp , then may as well look at evos or wr1 or go jdm and spec c etc etc

for 20 odd grand brand new with same torq as sti you cant go wrong, i reckon the art is, decide how much dosh and how much power you wanna end up with,and then just do it and drive the dam thing and not worry and research on further mods, but i will have a problem with that side