Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2004, 07:52 PM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

Location: ShyTot graphics Location: Squires Bar Location: Wakecastlefract
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Totally disgusted with Subaru dealer

This is the final straw.

I bought my first Impreza (MY99 UK Turbo) from a certain dealer which is around 60 miles from home.

More recently I bought my wife's STi8 from the same dealer.

Without exception, every time we've used them for a service something has gone wrong.

On two separate occasions the gearbox drain plug has not been tightened, leaving puddles of gearbox oil on the drive.

On one occasion my car was actually stolen from their premises, only to be found thanks to tracker, 50 miles away, and worse for wear having been reversed through their roller-shutter door.

Another example was only one of two bolts being used to hold the prop shaft in place actually being fitted to the car, service books not being stamped, log books being lost, and more.

The final straw came today.

The wife's car was booked in for it's 20k service, and it was also arranged for her cherished number to be transferred to the car at the same time. These arrangements were made with the sales manager.

So the car was left with them this morning, and when the missus went to collect it this afternoon it still had the original plates on. When questioned about it the chaps in service claimed that they knew nothing of it. The sales manager was not ther, as Wednesday is his day off. When the wife told them that she was not leaving without the plates they made a set up and found the new tax disc. They then proceeded to swap her old tax disc for the new one, HANDED her the new plates, and said goodbye.

Because some idle **** couldn't be bothered to fit a pair of plates (5 minutes work?!?!?) she's had to drive the 60 miles home showing the wrong plates.

I called the dealer, and spoke to a chap in service, only to be told that it 'wasn't his problem' and to speak to the sales manager tomorrow.

Too f'king right I will.

I will name this dealer, and I nominate them for 'Incompetent Don't Give A **** Dealer of the Year' award, unless of course, you know better.

FOOKIN' LIVID STICKY!
Old 27 October 2004, 07:56 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sticky Stuff
I will name this dealer, and I nominate them for 'Incompetent Don't Give A **** Dealer of the Year' award, unless of course, you know better.

FOOKIN' LIVID STICKY!
you will name this dealer and the webmaster will tell you to un-name him
Old 27 October 2004, 08:02 PM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I would guess it is in the north west!!
Old 27 October 2004, 08:05 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

North, south, east or west?

We can play guess who!
minor_threat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by vulnax999
Cool, I didn't know Shrek's swamp was out this way. Co-ordinates please Neil, we want to go see the donkey.
p1doc
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

why do you keep going back ,after 1 or 2 mistakes fair enough but after all that i would never use them again and officially complain to subaru uk.
re name and shame you could merely hint to where garage is as i would definitely give them a wide berth if i knew the above!
martin
Old 27 October 2004, 08:06 PM
Brian the Sn@il
Scooby Senior

PM me with this Dealers Name .. this is Not On, and Webmaster should not remove posts like this..

Trending Topics

Old 27 October 2004, 08:06 PM
john_s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by vulnax999
Preston area perchance?

John.
Old 27 October 2004, 08:28 PM
harry_p1
Scooby Regular

I had some bad issues with the dealer where i purchased my P1, 50 miles from home never got resolved for 3 months, the car went back to them 3 times had my local dealer(who are great) doing some of the work along them to speed it up. I never bothered speaking to the sales manager or service manager i spoke directly to the dealer principle who resolved it within 2 weeks. Best person to speak to at dealers as they call ALL the shots
PM me if you need some help with resolving this
Old 27 October 2004, 08:33 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

c'mon guys

Although it is deplorable behaviour & I fully understand everyone's desire to know who to avoid, I'm afraid the laws of this land preclude SN allowing such name & shame activity. Please bear this in mind, its not the webmaster's fault.

Thanks
Old 27 October 2004, 08:53 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Location: A Yorkshireman living in Lancashire, Recruiting for the War of the Roses part deux!

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
c'mon guys

Although it is deplorable behaviour & I fully understand everyone's desire to know who to avoid, I'm afraid the laws of this land preclude SN allowing such name & shame activity. Please bear this in mind, its not the webmaster's fault.

Thanks
I don't understand this comment ! Why are we allowed to say when we are given good service but not when we are given bad ? I know circumstances can differ between customer's but so can good service surely ?

I certainly would want to know who are the better dealer's in the land !
Old 27 October 2004, 08:58 PM
chris's scooby
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
c'mon guys

Thanks
I understand that there are 2 sides to every story but i do think we should to told which part of the country or which county the dealer in question is based in. That way at least we will then know if we are in the area and can draw our own conclusions.
Old 27 October 2004, 09:02 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by simpsons !
I don't understand this comment ! Why are we allowed to say when we are given good service but not when we are given bad ? I know circumstances can differ between customer's but so can good service surely ?

I certainly would want to know who are the better dealer's in the land !
If a dealer sees positive feedback on SN, they are unlikely to pursue legal action for obvious reasons. On the other hand, if they see negative feedback, they are very likely to pursue legal action.

As said before, there are 2 sides to every story. I bet dealers could tell a story or 2 about unpleasant customers (I am not implying that this applies to StickStuff).
Old 27 October 2004, 09:06 PM
Barmyclown
Scooby Regular

mmm sounds like they are of the same competancy level of my dealer. The last time it went in they had it for a total of 3 days to fit a set of prodrive springs. originally ordered the wrong ones. then took a day and a half to fit them when they got the right ones in and half a day to get the rear door shut area resprayed after they scratched all the paint off the first attempt at doing the springs. other little niggly things aswell, not good.
Old 27 October 2004, 09:15 PM
dogpole
Scooby Regular

Barmy, will that be the tractor mechanics from Lincoln by any chance ??
Old 27 October 2004, 09:21 PM
Barmyclown
Scooby Regular

put it this way i`m having leather put in on the oil change ai feb , and it`s most probably going to the clinic or my parents house to the dealer there to have it done, as the tracter mechanics have never managed to put the back seat on properly the 3 times they have had it off.
Old 27 October 2004, 09:23 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

C'mon guys Puff has asked you to refrain from trying to get dealer's name. Thread will be locked if your persist.
Old 27 October 2004, 09:30 PM
highlander68k
Scooby Regular

This may be of some interest

http://www.ldrc.com/LDRC_Info/libelfaqs.html
Old 27 October 2004, 09:31 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

If you look on the North American Scooby site they can post bad experiences with dealers. I think they don't have libel laws like ours. Nov issue of What Car has secret test of garages Independant garages did better than main dealers. The Consumer Association (Which) and Trading Standards always find the same. Plus of course, as with all trade skills in this country, there's a shortage of skilled mechanics. I like many do as much as possible on our cars, have done since a lad. Feel sorry for those who have to use dealers. We in this country get poor service in so many areas!
Old 27 October 2004, 09:37 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

It doesn't matter what the NA site have in place or the link above, this is SN and no potentially libellous content is permitted. Sorry but thats the rules.
Old 27 October 2004, 09:41 PM
highlander68k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Redkop
It doesn't matter what the NA site have in place or the link above, this is SN and no potentially libellous content is permitted. Sorry but thats the rules.
I put the link for those who read this and don't know what libel is to understand
Old 27 October 2004, 09:42 PM
Redkop
Scooby Regular

Cheers highlander was a generalisation really
Old 27 October 2004, 09:44 PM
Barmyclown
Scooby Regular

Sorry to butt in, but we have not actually named them.
Old 27 October 2004, 09:56 PM
dietbruboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by highlander68k
"The statement(s) alleged to be defamatory must also be a false statement of fact. Since name-calling, hyperbole, or exaggerated and heated words cannot be proven true or false, they cannot be the subject of a libel or slander claim."

So you can just call the dealer a **** then.

Sounds reasonable to me.
Old 27 October 2004, 10:02 PM
ukdave
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dogpole
Barmy, will that be the tractor mechanics from Lincoln by any chance ??
Hmm know what you mean mate,my mates goin bk with his my/99 on friday for a rebuild there (dont hold out much hope really had one there 2500 mile ago and knackered again)
Old 27 October 2004, 10:06 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

WYIOC meeting tomorrow eve should reveal all.......
Old 27 October 2004, 10:49 PM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

WYIOC meeting will do. Cannot see why the threat to tell is being treated so negatively. I will NOT be using them again, and will tell anyone who wants to know who they are. Their attitude stinks. I know for a fact that if I'd made so many co*kups I'd be out of business by now. It is, at the end of the day, MY opinion, and not, AS STATED IN SN TERMS, the opinion of SN. What's the problem?
Old 27 October 2004, 10:51 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Barmyclown
Sorry to butt in, but we have not actually named them.

Good

Part of a mod's job is to nip potential problems in the bud or before they become an issue & we're grateful for the support so far shown in this thread

Thanks again
Old 27 October 2004, 10:52 PM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

...and if they want to get all legal about the 'allegations' send 'em my way. They've got my address 'cos it's on the letter I've just sent to the MD.

In the last 16 months I've spent £11,500 on a MY99 classic, £22,500 on an STi8 and over £1000 in servicing, yet they can't be @rsed fitting a pair of number plates. It stinks more than the fields around their showroom. (oops!!)
Old 27 October 2004, 11:03 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by Sticky Stuff
WYIOC meeting will do. Cannot see why the threat to tell is being treated so negatively. I will NOT be using them again, and will tell anyone who wants to know who they are. Their attitude stinks. I know for a fact that if I'd made so many co*kups I'd be out of business by now. It is, at the end of the day, MY opinion, and not, AS STATED IN SN TERMS, the opinion of SN. What's the problem?

Prob is that you're potentially using SN as a publishing medium.

By all means tell people how cr@p you think/know they are but please don't use SN as the way of doing it. For the various libel laws of this land, we have to ensure that such allegations aren't published on this BBS.

Sorry m8

Quick Reply: Totally disgusted with Subaru dealer