Sponsored by:

Bl**dy vandals!!!

Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2004, 08:48 AM
mplaczek
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Bl**dy vandals!!!

This is starting to really wind me up!!!
I have had my car from new for less than a year and it has so many dents and paint chips, all by other people

The latest incident... The other night someone thought it would be funny to walk on my roof! There are foot prints all over it and corresponding dents all over the place!!!!

This really gets on me t*ts, I love this car and have really looked after it since I picked it up, it gets a swissol on the weekends when I have a little time, I let it warm it up and cool down, etc etc.
But over the last year I have had my bonnet dented and chipped my rear bumper dented with paint chips, both thanks to 4x4s trying to park, and now I have dents all over my roof!!!! (Otherwise it looks like it has just been driven out of the show room )

When will it end!?!
Old 27 October 2004, 08:56 AM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"

I take it you dont have a garage then?

Sorry, but it amazes me how people who own such a nice car leave them parked on the road for anyone to walk buy and have a good look, and some in this case.

Unfortunately this sort of thing will never end but the chances of it happening are significantly reduced if your car is parked in a garage. Still doesnt stop dents etc when going shopping, especially to the supermarket
Old 27 October 2004, 09:09 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

This really sucks - some people are just a waste of space.

A garage may help with the problem and thats fine if you have one but the underlying problem is kids/adults - badly bought up who have little ambition and lack the will to make something of themselves and would rather destroy or damage other peoples property.

Chances are if they where caugth the punishment (if you could call it that) would be a smack on the hand and a few hours community service.

Don't let the scum get you down!

Heh it is all IMHO
Old 27 October 2004, 09:25 AM
mplaczek
Scooby Regular

I have a flat with secure underground parking 24 hr security CCTV and big metal gates like the bat cave . But I have been staying at my parents for about half a year to help out due to circumstances. I have to park in the street as they live in the middle of London and that is the only place to park. If I could put it anywhere else I would.

I have thought of selling to get something to blend in a little better, but with finance still outstanding I would probably break even or lose money and will definitely regret it for years
Old 27 October 2004, 10:48 AM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by mplaczek
I have a flat with secure underground parking 24 hr security CCTV and big metal gates like the bat cave . But I have been staying at my parents for about half a year to help out due to circumstances. I have to park in the street as they live in the middle of London and that is the only place to park. If I could put it anywhere else I would.

I have thought of selling to get something to blend in a little better, but with finance still outstanding I would probably break even or lose money and will definitely regret it for years

makes u want to electrify if with the full national grid, doesnt it.... - I genuinely dont believe I could contain myself if I saw someone walking on ANYBODY'S car roof - I would simply let fly (and I am on a sedative medicine!) - it happened to me on a private farm, fortunately / unfortunately I wasnt here at the time... - Every house & car window smashed and car walked over and stoned from top to bottom ( 1 yr old immac. GTi6) ..... what would you do / like to do if you caught someone in the act.....???
Old 27 October 2004, 10:51 AM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by prodriva

Sorry, but it amazes me how people who own such a nice car leave them parked on the road for anyone to walk buy and have a good look, and some in this case.
Not everyone has a garage or driveway...so no choice but to leave it in the road.
Old 27 October 2004, 10:54 AM
New_scooby_04

Sorry to hear about the damage to your car mate. Don't let it get you down too much though -and certainly don't sell it. It's bad enough that these kind of morons would do such a thing, to let them dissuade you from owing something that clearly gives you a lot of pleasure would be a real shame.

Best wishes,

Trending Topics

Old 27 October 2004, 10:56 AM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

buy a camera with infa red option. put it on the house pointing at the car, put a polite notice in the window pointing out they are on camera and to smile

mines parked outside all the time, and i do this no one has ever been near, touch wood.

jamo
Old 27 October 2004, 12:22 PM
hugo
Scooby Regular

If it makes you feel any better I recently was awakened in the early hours by scum running over cars in our street. Luckily my STi was tucked away. I nearly burst a blood vessel but decided to call the police rather than confront the drunk *******. They came immediately and caught all three in the act. Got a call from the feds a couple of weeks later to say they had the book thrown at them!
Old 27 October 2004, 12:41 PM
GRIFF007
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by hugo
If it makes you feel any better I recently was awakened in the early hours by scum running over cars in our street. Luckily my STi was tucked away. I nearly burst a blood vessel but decided to call the police rather than confront the drunk *******. They came immediately and caught all three in the act. Got a call from the feds a couple of weeks later to say they had the book thrown at them!
I trust the book was made of granite and propelled at V max!!
Old 27 October 2004, 01:16 PM
laser ed
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mplaczek
This is starting to really wind me up!!!
I have had my car from new for less than a year and it has so many dents and paint chips, all by other people

The latest incident... The other night someone thought it would be funny to walk on my roof! There are foot prints all over it and corresponding dents all over the place!!!!

This really gets on me t*ts, I love this car and have really looked after it since I picked it up, it gets a swissol on the weekends when I have a little time, I let it warm it up and cool down, etc etc.
But over the last year I have had my bonnet dented and chipped my rear bumper dented with paint chips, both thanks to 4x4s trying to park, and now I have dents all over my roof!!!! (Otherwise it looks like it has just been driven out of the show room )

When will it end!?!
i know how u feel, i have had my RB5 scratched all the way round the car, on friday someone dented my wing and scuffed my bumper, broke my side light and headlight when it was sitting in my secure car park at work with a security guard about 40ft away. no one seen a thing, THE BAS--RDS
Old 27 October 2004, 01:31 PM
big_xavier
Scooby Regular

to follow on , was walking in a pub at weekend and a young girl was parking here nice new renault clio, she moved forward and promptly rolled straight into the side of a 106 parked opposite, She got out and said , did I do that ( pointing at large dent in 106) I said yes you did. she said will have to leave a note for the driver as she got back into her car. My missis ( inspector clueso) wrote the reg number down, looked out of pub to see the clio disappear and no note on window of 106. Found the owner of car in the pub, He happened to be a young disabled lad having an outing with some friends, I offered my phone number as witness to incident.
I would have been mad, if that was my scooby and hope if it happened to me that , there would be someone there to take down reg details for me.
end of story.....
Old 27 October 2004, 01:43 PM
RB5_IOM
Scooby Regular

mplaczek

Know how you feel mate. I had my car keyed down the side last month. Why I ask, what is the point. Also door dents. Can't people learn to open there door with out hitting everyone elses car??
Old 27 October 2004, 02:39 PM
mrklaw
Scooby Regular

I was parked up riverside in Kingston a few weeks ago. Came back to my car about 10.30pm, and a bunch of chavs came hooning round the corner well lashed up. They kicked over a motorbike, then ran up the line of cars where I was parked and started throwing bottles through the rear windows.

Luckily they ran out of bottles before they got to mine.

So sometimes having a 'discreet' car doesn't help you either.
Old 27 October 2004, 06:52 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by j4mou
buy a camera with infa red option. put it on the house pointing at the car, put a polite notice in the window pointing out they are on camera and to smile

mines parked outside all the time, and i do this no one has ever been near, touch wood.

jamo
Your joking!

These days that would encourage them to show off even more. They would get extra street cred points to be doing it in front of a camera and they would target you even more.

Unfortunately the only way to stop them (other than a garage) is to confront them with a full on wobbly and bbb@t! However you've got to be careful even if you do Know the score!
Old 27 October 2004, 06:58 PM
robby
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know it doesn't help stop it happening again but you could try Dentmaster, etc who can usually massage dents out so you don't have to get a new roof
Old 27 October 2004, 07:04 PM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by prodriva

:

Bad news mate, sorry to hear.... As far as parking on the road goes though, I live in central London and have to fight for a parking space most days. I nearly sold the car in the summer because I was getting so demoralised by the tw@ts knocking my car weekly. I have dozens of chips and scracthes on the bumpers, like yourself, it's down to w@nkers who can't drive dragging their cars along my bumpers. Touch wood it's vandal free at least, but would love to catch some inconsiderate w@nker bumping my car around when parking, let alone a chav deliberately damaging the car, no mercy!!!

Don't know what to suggest apart from a crowbar near to hand and maybe an alarm with the forcefield type motion sensors, but that'll probably annoy you by going off all night!?!?!?

Last edited by 2000TLondon; 27 October 2004 at 07:08 PM.
Old 27 October 2004, 07:15 PM
dietbruboy
Scooby Regular

I don't think a garage would make any difference, its not like its kept there 24/7. I know exactly how you feel mate, I've had a MINI keyed on all four sides. Replaced that Cooper with an S and within 4 weeks had all the badges ripped off - the bonnet dented and a few months later the spoiler torn off (in broad daylight). I think its more a social issue (sounding like a Grumpy Old Man here) and I don't think kids are disciplined. Parents don't give a f&ck what they are up to and consequently they don't give a f&ck who they upset. At the end of the day its just downright f&cking selfish to wreck another blokes car, theres just no excuse. My only crumb of comfort is knowing that next day I get to drive that car and they don't. Little ignorant f&ckers - may their sh&t lives be short and miserable. Not very charitable I know, but so far I've shelled out £1,200 in the past three years repairing vandalism damage. Do the Police want to know? Nope, they'd rather nick you for doing 34 in a 30 or driving with your spots on.

Rant over.

Last edited by dietbruboy; 27 October 2004 at 07:18 PM.
Old 27 October 2004, 07:25 PM
richir rich
Scooby Regular

jealous and envy mate, gets to every one in one way or another!
Old 27 October 2004, 08:02 PM
fujack103
Scooby Regular

Hi i just wanted to say go and get something like clifford concept 300 with sense and tell then when someone gets close to ur car the alarm with chirp and warn them and you all so a 24 hour tracker is a must + i have a flood light from B&Q with a bell that sounds in doors if the light is set off , the dogs learnt what it means now aswell..... its all peace of mind
Old 27 October 2004, 08:13 PM
harry_p1
Scooby Regular

B**tards sorry to hear mate, i'm pissed off with all those muppets who dont know how to open/close their doors as ive noticed a dent on my P1 which wasnt there 4days ago.
Old 29 October 2004, 04:45 PM
Jasoon
Scooby Regular

Realy Sorry to hear about your Scooby mplaczek
Old 29 October 2004, 05:54 PM
Barnesy
Scooby Regular

We should have a group buy on dent removal, I've got about six little dings now!!
Old 29 October 2004, 06:04 PM
mplaczek
Scooby Regular

Thanks for all the replies

I rang Motorguard who are going to do me an excellent deal on a alarm with a nice loud proximity sensor chirp... I'm hoping that will have some affect. We'll see.

I had a closer look at the car the other day and the dents on the roof look quite bad, but there is also a foot print on the spoiler which i presume is where they started and another on the bonnet scoop where they came down from the roof, but it does not look like there is any damage to them luckily
Old 29 October 2004, 06:05 PM
mplaczek
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Barnesy
We should have a group buy on dent removal, I've got about six little dings now!!
I could probably get a group buy with all of the dents on my car alone

Good idea