Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Warning to Essex Scoobs: Another one stolen!

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2004, 10:09 AM
DJFish
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Warning to Essex Scoobs: Another one stolen!

Yesterday my friends parents were burgled, the scum took various bits and bobs including their telly,irreplacable engagement ring, and my mates red bugeye WRX.

Car was recovered in sunny Clacton-on-Sea due to aftermarket security (well done Essex Police) but coppers reckon it was stolen to order.

Watch out folks!

Dave
Old 22 October 2004, 10:12 AM
tuscan57
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DJFish
Yesterday my friends parents were burgled, the scum took various bits and bobs including their telly,irreplacable engagement ring, and my mates red bugeye WRX.

Car was recovered in sunny Clacton-on-Sea due to aftermarket security (well done Essex Police) but coppers reckon it was stolen to order.

Watch out folks!

Dave

guess it is everywhere and only a matter of time before it got closer to home.....
still scary tho....... extra measures very soon i think...... leave the car unlocked with the keys in it so they dont have to wake me......
Old 22 October 2004, 10:17 AM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blimey - you've got to be a sound sleeper if the sound of your thing starting up doesn't wake you!
JohnD
Old 22 October 2004, 10:31 AM
Tentenths
Scooby Regular

Watch out folks!

Dave
As a matter of interest, where was the car stolen from?
Old 22 October 2004, 10:44 AM
DJFish
Scooby Regular

Colchester area....
Old 22 October 2004, 12:15 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bad News!
Old 22 October 2004, 01:33 PM
DarkStar66
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by JohnD
Blimey - you've got to be a sound sleeper if the sound of your thing starting up doesn't wake you!
JohnD
Hey, I never thought of justifying buying a loud exhaust for security reasons. Good point!!! I'll be keeping my bedroom window open from now on. Although by the time you hear it starting it's too late to do anything but call the police anyway.
Old 22 October 2004, 06:11 PM
Tentenths
Scooby Regular

Colchester area....
Bugger!
Old 22 October 2004, 07:01 PM
uk_Mo
Scooby Regular

Watch out folks!

Dave
Just do what I do Unplug all the Coils on my MY95 WRX and then Set my CAT1 Alarm and then I let my 5 Stone Staffy Sleep in the back lol. NO ONE IS GETTING MY CAR.
Old 22 October 2004, 10:30 PM
Cornelius
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by uk_Mo
Just do what I do Unplug all the Coils on my MY95 WRX and then Set my CAT1 Alarm and then I let my 5 Stone Staffy Sleep in the back lol. NO ONE IS GETTING MY CAR.
the thing is though, if they are professionals, and they want your car, they'll keeps tabs on you for a while to do their "homework" if they want it, they'll get it
Old 23 October 2004, 12:47 AM
uk_Mo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cornelius
the thing is though, if they are professionals, and they want your car, they'll keeps tabs on you for a while to do their "homework" if they want it, they'll get it
Not with the dog in the back
Old 23 October 2004, 01:37 PM
fujack103
Scooby Regular

I know this sounds bad but i took cars for a living but thats in the past and the best way with cars like that are to push em down the road then get em started also be carefull on rainy night firework nightand new years for obvious reasons my advise is get a 24 hour traker and a alarm with sense and tell so if the (scum) lol even came near your car it will warm you and them off i have on mine and it could save you getting windows smashed, locks screwed its worth the money trust...

oh yer make sure you take your keys to bed with you aswell i knew ppl that would creep houses at night with the owners asleep or use a fishing rod with a magnet on to get the keys off the bottom of the stairs.hooks.shelfs ect..

if anyone has any Questions they want to ask plz post and i will see if i can help
Old 23 October 2004, 04:13 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Question

fujack103,

any idea how many (what %-age) of people leave their front doors unlocked at night?

The last two attempts at my Scooby (nicely caught on video) showed the scum walk up, bold as brass, and try the front door (in my case it was locked, bolted and alarmed). From their casual swagger, it was almost as if they expected the door to be open

mb
Old 23 October 2004, 04:31 PM
V1CK1
Scooby Regular

Default Thieving Scum

So where abouts in Essex are you then? Colchester is a bit close for comfort for me. Will be getting tracker sorted now. *******s should be put down when they are caught.
Old 23 October 2004, 04:41 PM
greg.g
Scooby Regular

Location: Faster than a quickshift.... get yourself a bionic arm ;)
Wink

Originally Posted by boomer
fujack103,

any idea how many (what %-age) of people leave their front doors unlocked at night?

The last two attempts at my Scooby (nicely caught on video) showed the scum walk up, bold as brass, and try the front door (in my case it was locked, bolted and alarmed). From their casual swagger, it was almost as if they expected the door to be open

mb

Now come on Martin, play the game.
You know its not playing fair to lock and alarm your front door

Old 24 October 2004, 01:54 AM
fujack103
Scooby Regular

Thinking about it,, u says that.. I knew of a car ..A ( nissan 300zx ) that had the keys in it for a week or so. see why now tho it was back in hours ..24 hour traker....Dont think how can i stop them because at the end of the day its them things in your hand that would start it and loose or get them taken off u and u WILL end up loosing your car.... oh yer forgot to mention it was a coppas car ...of all people !!! o..O !!!!

back to trying the door Boomer it might be that some U.P.V.C open from both sides a few new housing estates have then, shocked me when i first noticed living there lol i know what u was thainking..maybe u can see through your door have a shelf? so while your there try the door makes sense dont it...should of seen the camera tho haha..