Sponsored by:

which one ?

Search this Thread

Old 11 October 2004, 02:20 PM
al_extreme
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question which one ?

Hi all my name is al_extreme and i am new on scoobynet. i used to be a biker but after a few bad crashes i am hanging up my lid and leathers for a couple of years and coming over to the 4 wheeled side. i have always loved the subaru imprezza and now is my chance to get one. anyway enough bable. i have around £6000 and i have read up on the car and am totaly hooked but dont realy know what i can get and what would be the best car for me please help thanks again al_extreme

Last edited by al_extreme; 11 October 2004 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11 October 2004, 02:43 PM
Scooby_Sport
Scooby Regular

Your probably looking at an imported WRX around the 93-96 year of manufacture for that price, possibly a tidy sti if your lucky though dont think there's much difference between the two.

Just got myself a WRX last week, 265bhp roughly and loving every minute. by the way I used to have bikes, well if you call 125's bikes but too damn dangerous.
Old 11 October 2004, 06:27 PM
al_extreme
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Scooby_Sport
Your probably looking at an imported WRX around the 93-96 year of manufacture for that price, possibly a tidy sti if your lucky though dont think there's much difference between the two.

Just got myself a WRX last week, 265bhp roughly and loving every minute. by the way I used to have bikes, well if you call 125's bikes but too damn dangerous.
hi scooby sport what wrx did you get. and what type/ model do you think i should be looking for. also what should i be looking for when buying bad bits etc. your help is greatly apreciated. al_etreme
Old 11 October 2004, 07:20 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Wink

Whatever you get, DO PLEASE get insurance quotes b4 you buy, and so avoid what could be a nasty shock:

Imports are dearer and more difficult to insure, but more powerful. They can also have problems with reliability if not remapped for UK fuel, or run on octane booster, yet another expense.

Alcazar
Old 11 October 2004, 07:33 PM
blockmonke@fsmail.net
Scooby Regular

just reiterating what alcazar said i got a wrx import then found the insurance would cost nearly £1900 quid still it was worth it