Search this Thread

Old 24 July 2000, 02:24 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Unhappy

Hi guys,

Sadly i couldnt get to knockhill as i blew my head gasket on the westfield a couple of days before.

I was hoping the word would get out but it didnt to all so apologies for those who wanted a spin in the westie.

I am using this failure as an oportunity to do another upgrade, as the sump and head are coming off i am going to be dropping the pistons out and machineing them to drop the compression ratio to 7.7:1. This will alow me to run 30psi boost so i will have the engine producing 380BHP.

I will be ready for Silverstone on Sunday, not sure yet wether i will be running at 350 or 380BHP by then, depends on getting the engine back together and re-mapped in time.

see some of you at silverstone or donington, i will try to do the next knockhill also.

cheers
john
Old 25 July 2000, 09:14 PM
JohnS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did try to tell as many people as I could that were coming.

You missed a cracking weekend, and the weather conditions on Saturday were superb, with hardly a cloud in the sky, and a nice warm, grippy track.

No-one visited the tyre wall at all, though a few did visit the gravel traps, and no damage done.

Knockhill were really pleased with how smoothly everything ran, and the behaviour on the track.

I'm waiting until I'm back at work next week, and I'll see what dates are available.

The Hot Marques event is ideal for those who like a lot of track time at very little cost. About 20 - 30 cars taking part on Sunday (including a fabulous sounding brand new TVR Tuscan), a variety of other TVRs, Porsches, Integra Type-Rs, Elises and a few others. Fantastic value for money at only £30 for the whole day Only downside was that you often had to wait 20 minutes to get onto the track whilst other sessions finished, instead of getting on and off when you like.
Old 25 July 2000, 11:25 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
i know john, all your time and efforts were much apreciated.

Head came off yesterday and it had definately blown the gasket so the diagnosis was correct, big relief that!

cheers
john