ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion

Just picked up MY05

Search this Thread

Old 02 October 2004, 02:55 PM
Avalyn
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just picked up MY05

Picked up my MY05 WRX wagon a few hours ago .. following on from this thread ..
here

Can confirm the pictures that the interior pictures are correct on the Litchfield site and we get climate control Now has red painted brake calipers, only a single CD player (6 in dash was suggested) and 4 speakers.

Nice 3 spoke steering wheel and booo, still twin pipes on the back (some other picture suggested a single exit!). CD unit is improved as is interior lining on roof/door etc. Same 17" graphite grey wheel design

Can't say the headlights looked smoked to me and the CD unit only has bass/treble adjustments (not mid as also suggested)

I said in the other thread dealer had screwed up offering me an MY05 and free servicing which they aren't allowed to do. My dealer had told me on the phone that they'd manage to wangle it but I was told today that they were politely and firmly told no! ... so we came to some suitable financial arrangement before I signed for the car (in my favour I might add!). They were very apologetic and offered a good discount before I even started to get annoyed.

So free servicing on MY04's only as mighyvid rightly said! Pah!
Have taken some pictures and will try and post them on Monday when I'm back at work.

So far (compared to MY00 wagon) engine feels more flexible i.e. I can do 30 in 4th now comfortably and feels (up to 4K) as quick as my MY00 (DP+BB). Nowhere near as much roll, lighter steering and you're sitting at 70 before you know it. Road noise is still there (Bridgestone Potenza 050 tyres) but much better at motorway speed. It's a far more grown up car and feels like it handles so much better than my old one

Signing off now till Monday. Any questions I can answer then .. off for a wee drive
Avalyn
Old 02 October 2004, 03:16 PM
scoobyjimbo
Scooby Regular

Have fun sir.. make sure you post a full report later on in the week so we all know yout thoughts on it..
J
Old 03 October 2004, 07:42 AM
CHIPWANADOO
Scooby Newbie

What was "the old one?"