Sponsored by:

HELP!! Specified Model/Designated No. & Classification No. needed

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2004, 06:02 PM
squeak000
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! Specified Model/Designated No. & Classification No. needed

I've imported a 1995 WRX Type RA and have submitted the forms for the SVA test but I don't have a Specified Model/Designated No. or Classification No. on the Japanese De-Registration document. I'm told I can't register the car without these. Does anyone know how I can get them?

Many thanks
Old 28 September 2004, 08:04 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by squeak000
I've imported a 1995 WRX Type RA and have submitted the forms for the SVA test but I don't have a Specified Model/Designated No. or Classification No. on the Japanese De-Registration document. I'm told I can't register the car without these. Does anyone know how I can get them?

Many thanks
Im quite wary of answering threads like this because people on Scoobynet always have to know better but.....

Classification numbers are usually pulled when the vehicle is modified and this is noticed at inspection; its commonly something simple like an exhaust; hopefully the reason will be mentioned in the translation. If it is a simple item covered in an SVA like the zorst or the brakes you should be ok; if its something more involved you have a problem. If I recall correctly it isnt not having the numbers thats the problem; its not having them on the certificate of de-registration; fortunately you wont have to wait too long to MOT and register the car if you cant SVA it.

I hope this is some help, its been ages since I dealt with a 'no classification of de-reg' and I can barely remember. I hope that the vendoe told you about this before you paid; because they certainly knew how much of a problem it might be.

Simon