Sponsored by:

MY05 STi

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2004, 01:47 PM
TDT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY05 STi

Just had a look at the MY05 STi on it's way to IM (was on a transporter at my dealers).

Looks exactly the same on the outside as the MY04 other than the decals on the doors and a slightly different wheel arch at the back. Got different alloys as well.

Interior looks really nice. New centre console, better window & mirror controls and the DCCD thingy in the middle.

Also had the Spec B Legacy and the new WRX but they were on the top deck, and as I didn't fancy getting filthy climbing all over the transporter I didn't get a good look.

May well be pursuaded in January
Old 27 September 2004, 02:13 PM
ProdriveSTI
Scooby Regular

Location: My Beautiful STi is now sold, tho on the look out for another MINT scoob.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like the new STi MY05 is the same spec as the WR1 but saving £'000
Old 27 September 2004, 08:26 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The new MY05 is more enhanced than the WR1 in many ways, it has an updated A-DCCD, different geometry (same as the Spec C), uprated suspension, bigger RE070 tyres (235/45/17 afaik) basically, they have tried and done a very good job of ironing out the understeer, i can vouch that my car have virtually zero (well ive not felt any) and the suspension/geometry setup is similar to mine (except my suspension is slightly harder and only designed for my car), but mechanically, there is no difference (engine wise etc).

Tony