Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P1 PLUS !!!

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2000, 10:48 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A friend of a work collegue has recently started work at Prodrive. He's going to be responsible for marketing the Prodrive name and will be travelling the country with the like of a Mr Burns to raises publicity.

According to the chap I work with his company car is a P1 Plus !!. Apparrently this is no ordinary P1. I tried to get more details but I think he'd realised he'd said more than he was meant to although he mentioned some upgrades for the P1 they'd been working on so maybe the P1 plus has all of the upgrades on ??

Not sure if this will ever see the light . The chap that mentioned this isn't know to be a b*ullsh)££er .

Anyone heard anything along these lines ??

AllanB

Old 20 July 2000, 08:11 AM
robski
Scooby Regular

wasnt that the original plan to offer two P1 versions, but then the other got scrapped?

robski
Old 20 July 2000, 08:43 AM
RVeiga
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I have been told that prodrive are doing a perf pack for it. I belive this will include brakes, ecu, etc. So not cheap.

Why I would very little to one.

..R
Old 20 July 2000, 10:51 PM
Frankie
Scooby Regular

I think that bigger brakes and 18" wheels will be the pack. Prodrive aren't doing the power upgrade now....apparently.
Old 21 July 2000, 11:57 AM
Bagpuss
Scooby Regular

I heard from my local dealer that the P1 Plus package will consist of 18" wheels, Prodrive brake upgrade, Recaro seats, Prodrive backbox, RamAir filter (or equivalent), and an ECU upgrade.

Currently, he believes that there are two things holding this up. The first is lack of availability of the 18" rims, the second is getting the car to run okay on 97RON with the re-mapped ECU.

Bagpuss.
Old 21 July 2000, 01:15 PM
andyo
Scooby Regular

How about the hold up being lack of cars in customer hands! how can they sell performance packs when the majoroty of people are still waiting for another delayed delivery.

Andy
Old 21 July 2000, 04:19 PM
Matt Oz
Scooby Regular

Talking

A mate of mine has done some "Development" work on the P1 over the last 12-18 months. There will be performance goodies to come.

By the way (and this will make you sick), he could've bought the white P1 development car for £12K, but didn't !!! Durrrrrrr!

Matt

Trending Topics

Old 21 July 2000, 04:33 PM
chuckster
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Imagine if they start selling discounted enhancement packs, after all the folks have already bought the wheels/backbox/brakes seperately - people would go mental!
Chuck