Sponsored by:

'The real car show' anyone see it?

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2000, 09:36 PM
Tony Ashton
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Did anyone watch the supposed motoring journal last night(cant remember what channel it was on), what a load of absolute s....It featured the has been, Sugs,of Madness(80s band for the younger of you!) fame, presumably due to the bands record'Ive been driving in my car' and some unknown, to me anyway,who attempted to be a cross between Kate Humble & VBH.Badly!!

The programme featured such items as 'through the sunroof' yes you guessed it,but without Grossman, the 'star' guest was the lithping Toya Wilcox talking about her Vx Tigra....wow.

They also had 'bangers & cash' another woderfully imaginative little feature which involved two couples who obviously took turns to use the shared brain cell (she wanted to be an actress & model!!). The only requirement of them was to buy 2 cars at auction for £500 each, travel around the country and then see if they could sell for a profit. The next thrilling instalment is next week, can't wait.

The article which took the buscuit for me was the first instalment of god knows how many featuring the ups and downs of a used car salesman.His beloved valeter,affectionately named 'monkey Dave'was perhaps the one with the brain this time.
What topped it all was when the boss was asked if he had always liked cars, he replied "Yeh, ever since I wer 14 when me and me mates used to nick me dads and drive it round the block when he wer on nights"

Thats it folks lets get a few more car thieves on the road to success, you never know you might get your own slot on tv.

So if you missed it this week be sure to stop in next and catch some compulsive viewing.
Old 19 July 2000, 06:31 PM
Tony Ashton
Scooby Regular

I presume no one did then. Or if you did you found it on an higher intellectual plane than I - Must have missed the point!!!
Old 19 July 2000, 06:33 PM
Tony Ashton
Scooby Regular

Sorry, a problem with my server, you know what they say' a poor workman.......

[This message has been edited by Tony Ashton (edited 19-07-2000).]