Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UK 03/04 STI PPP (new shape Blob not Bug) - Value?

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2004, 12:51 PM
LoneGranger
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UK 03/04 STI PPP (new shape Blob not Bug) - Value?

Apologies for double posting Mods, but would like this on main board for a couple of days as it is not strictly a 'for sale' entry but of general interest.

I have followed the site now many hours a day for several months and have a feeling for the value of above.

I have discovered that Scooby asking prices are usually hugely different from what people end up being offered...... - With Dealers getting lucky from time to time with even higher prices, from customers not knowing the market.

So I am opening a straw pole for estimated value of above car between now and end of year, after UK 05 model comes on line.

My feeling is that with the additional surge of WR1 (near equivalent car) - 500 sales? swelling the market to somewhat over where it would normally be (some people cant resist 'limited models') + the new 05 model having Type C suspension mods and DCCD option + interior upgrade etc being released directly after the last WR1 being sold - the market is now well and truly over saturated and supply will be well in excess of demand for this type of car, driving down prices considerably.

My speculation is, after 05 launched, actual true selling prices:

Private:£18k
Dealer:£20k

Both falling by another £1k by January

I welcome other input on this as I am (my lending bank!) working to a very tight budget, & would like to plan just how much extra work I am going to have to do to achieve my goal before Christmas!

Please state if you own a similar car or not and on what you base your values

thank guys & chapesses
Old 18 August 2004, 04:11 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LoneGranger
the new 05 model having Type C suspension mods and DCCD option + interior upgrade etc
Errr I think you'll find that's on the JDM STI. I doubt we'll be getting all those goodies on a UK model but who knows.
Old 18 August 2004, 05:25 PM
LoneGranger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Graz
Errr I think you'll find that's on the JDM STI. I doubt we'll be getting all those goodies on a UK model but who knows.
as you say - who knows! (yet) - Sure Mike Wood will know this month, if not already

Care to spill the beans Mike???!