Sponsored by:

A few STi Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2004, 03:46 PM
will13
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few STi Questions!

Right Ive decided to get a blob eye STi instead of the WRX PPP after driving them both and have a few questions that I hope a few of you guys on here may be able to help me with. I am wanting to make the STI look like a normal WRX on the outside so what I am wanting to know is.....

1.) Can the WRX foglights be retro fitted by a dealer on an STI, anyone had it done or have any idea how much it would be for this?
2.) Does the WRX's spoiler attach at the same points (screw holes(?)) as the STI spoiler so I can just swap it over without having to make new holes etc!

Any advice greatly appreciated!
Old 18 July 2004, 04:05 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

1. Yes, you can fit the fogs (add £60ish for the trim surround), but it would be better with the driving lights.

2. Yes, you can fit the WRX spoiler straight on. You'll probably find someone on here who'll do a straight swap so that one can be free. If it's WR Blue can I be at the front of the queue ?

Oh, I'll give you £20 for your fog covers too What about the STi sills, I could swap my colour coded WRX ones too

This guy fitted the WRX spoiler to his STi.....

Last edited by corradoboy; 18 July 2004 at 04:16 PM.
Old 18 July 2004, 07:39 PM
will13
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by corradoboy
What about the STi sills, I could swap my colour coded WRX ones too
lol! cheers mate, gonna keep the original spoiler and fog covers in case I ever have a change of heart (or build a drive way and I'm more comfortable with the car sitting out on the street!) If I ever get tired of those STI sills I'll keep you in mind!
Old 18 July 2004, 07:48 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Red face

You're leaving an STi out on the street
Old 18 July 2004, 08:32 PM
Shortboy
Scooby Regular

Someone was asking about changing the spoiler at the dealers when I picked my STi up. Dealer said the holes are in different places, & advised the customer he would be best paying for a completely new boot lid.
Old 18 July 2004, 08:36 PM
Shortboy
Scooby Regular

You're leaving an STi out on the street
Mine's on the street. Every morning I expect to find it scratched....suppose I've just been lucky so far. But if you ain't got a garage, and you can't rent one nearby, what else do you do?

onder2:
Old 18 July 2004, 09:18 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shortboy
Mine's on the street. Every morning I expect to find it scratched....suppose I've just been lucky so far. But if you ain't got a garage, and you can't rent one nearby, what else do you do?

onder2:
I dug up my garden, paved it, added 6' wooden gates and a steel ram-post along with movement alarms. Then fitted the car with Tracker, Blackjax and a Disklok.

Paranoid

Trending Topics

Old 18 July 2004, 09:36 PM
Elmer Fudpucker
BANNED

Oh, I'll give you £20 for your fog covers too What about the STi sills, I could swap my colour coded WRX ones too

I'd be up for swapping my STi sills for your WRX ones,trouble is,I guess your in Yorkshire..I've also got some spare WRB fog lamp blanks(+bumper +MRO front splitter)

Jon
Old 18 July 2004, 10:15 PM
Shortboy
Scooby Regular

I dug up my garden, paved it, added 6' wooden gates and a steel ram-post along with movement alarms. Then fitted the car with Tracker, Blackjax and a Disklok.

Paranoid
I wish. Even if the missus would let me dig up her beloved flowers, there's not enough room for a scoob. Which leads her to give the following helpful advice : "Why don't you buy something sensible, like a fiesta?"!!!!

;D