Sponsored by:

hello all

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2004, 01:08 PM
oddjob
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile hello all

Well i've been looking/searching my way through here for a couple of weeks now so thought it was about time I posted something.

So hello all.

Have been the happy owner of an S14a 200sx for the last 3 years but its just not fast enough in standard form.
When I got it I really wanted a Impreza but couldn't justify double the insurance cost. (no longer an issue)
I want something much quicker and ideally want a wagon to fit my mountain bike in.

Obviously got millions of questions but so far most pressing one is which model to go for.
I've looked through loads of websites and read all the bullsh1t about 0-60 times etc. but in the real world which is best, UK, WRX, Sti etc.
Looking at an early car 1994ish. Not arsed about doing 150mph all day just really quick low down grunt.

cheers
Old 13 July 2004, 01:19 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Hi mate,

Was in a similar position a couple of years ago. Ended up going fo a UK spec for a number of reasons mainly history and insurance premiums at the time. In hindsight an sti may have been better suited given the amount of money that I spent in modifications to take me up to 300bhp.

I'd recommend a test drive in a couple of different models and see what suits you best. I'd planned on upgrading last year to an 03 model (from 97) and took both the WRX and Sti for a drive. Immediately disregarded the WRX but the Sti was close to what I wanted but not for the £15k that I'd have to find to buy one.

Jap Performance had a nice WRX Wagon for sale (their project car) which had loads of mods for a resonable £7.?k. Might be worth looking at?

Good luck. Always think finding a good one is the challenge.
Old 13 July 2004, 01:37 PM
oddjob
Scooby Newbie

hi,

yeah test driving a few is going to be my next step. May check out a northern meet to see some good examples