Help Needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 10 July 2000, 12:41 AM
bobn3
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HI all,

I really could do with some help or advice from anyone in the know!,

I got a 5dr Sport about a month ago, and because of things happening, I have to get a smaller car.

I brought it to a dealer, and he looked under the bonnet and told me the car was crashed!!!!, The dealer I got it from never mentioned any damage done to the car,

Does anyone have any advice,

Thanks
Old 10 July 2000, 12:59 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Right, first things first.

Get the subaru dealer to went to to provide you with a WRITTEN report detaling why they think it's been crashed. Then get someone else to check car over, maybe another scooby dealer, or one of the independant types; eg scoobysport?, or better still phone the RAC or AA and get them to check it out. Get them to also give written report.

get high quality photocopies of the reports and do NOT give the originals to anyone, just give them the photocopies, this is so you retain the originals should this thing go to court.

If the second report says the car is ok then go back to the subaru dealer and show them this (photocopy) report and ask them for their comments on it.

If the second report says the car HAS been crashed then take it back to the dealer you bought it from (was it a subaru dealer?) and show them the photocopy reports and ask them to comment on this.

In the event that the car was crashed then you should then seek legal advice about your rights and how to get compensation from the dealer who sold you the car. If you don't know a lawyer then try talking to Citizens Advice Bureau and they should be able to help out.

Keep us updated with what happens.
Old 10 July 2000, 01:02 PM
Blow Dog
Scooby Regular

Hmm,
Not a nice thing to be told. It depends on how severe the crash was. If it was just a bumper replacement, then its not a problem. But if we are talking engine rebuild kind of stuff then I would be a bit concerned.

I shouldnt worry too much though, I would expect deaalers to be regulated in the stock they sell, somehow or another.
Cem
Old 10 July 2000, 01:06 PM
bobn3
Scooby Regular

Hi Markus,

Many thanks for the advice, to answer your question, yes it was a subaru dealer, and the other thing, I paid 11500 for it and now a month later they'll only offer me 9K !!!!!, smells abit fish!

Cheers
Old 10 July 2000, 01:50 PM
Otis
Scooby Regular

Hello Bob,

Just a long shot really but my sister-in-law had a big front end shunt in their 5 door Sport just around the turn of the year. It was written off but no doubt somebody will have rebuilt it. It was an MY99 on a T plate in Dark Blue Mica.

As I say it would be a long shot but let me know if you're interested and I'll get some reg and chassis numbers for you. We took some pictures before they dragged it away aswell.

Otis.
Old 11 July 2000, 11:48 AM
bobn3
Scooby Regular

There one point mate, I'm in Ireland, the car Irish, but thanks for the info. ;-)

I'm going to get an engineer to look at it, and take it from there!

Cheers all