Sponsored by:

Bodywork Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06 July 2004, 12:01 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bodywork Warranty

Ok, got a MY99 that had a split in the paint on the rear arch....

Its now progressed to the paint coming away leaving a horrible looking rough edge round it, the only bit of rust on the car!!

I bought the car in December and told the salesman a week after I bought the car about it. He told me to come down when I could get time off work and they would have a look at it for me.

Its extremely hard for me to take time off work at the moment, however I managed to take time off a few weeks ago and went down only to be told that the Sales Manager was off and that they could only take digital pics of the damage and show them to the guy when he comes back.

So the After Sales Manager took 4 photos of the area, and said that the Sales Manager would be in touch with me the next week.

I got no call...........

I called them today as I am selling my car soon and I dont want this rust to be there when people come to look at the car. I was told that After Sales Manager was off on holiday, and that Sales Manager was off today as well. So the guy that is directly below the After Sales Manager (in the hierachy @ this garage) said he would talk to the General Manager and get back to me. However he did mention that it might be a problem that I never got this in writing from Glen the salesman that I bought the car from!!!!!!!

Is the car still under the manufacturers bodywork warranty??

Can they refuse to do this F.O.C for me??

I am totally pissed off with this garage, and I would strongly recommend people in my area to avoid using it for purchasing and servicing as the Service Dept. is equally poor..

Any help, and advice is greatly appreciated!!

Cheers,
Grant

Last edited by RS Grant; 06 July 2004 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06 July 2004, 01:45 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTTT...