What to get??????

Search this Thread

Old 02 July 2004, 04:01 PM
Dan69
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What to get??????

Hi there chaps,

This is my first thread posted on here as im taking a leap from a renault 5 turbo to owning an impreza. Trouble is which one?! Ive got £9000 to play with which seems to give me a reasonable pick of the ealier models. Saw a 98 Terzo advertised for 8,500 with 46,000 on the clock and must admit would de nice to have a special edition but theres just so many kinds to choose from
STI's, WRX's, UK models. I would be grateful for any advice as this is a lot of money to spend and want to make sure im getting the best for my money?

Cheers
Dan
Old 02 July 2004, 04:12 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Depends on what you want from an Impreza. You are right there are many models to choose from, maybe you should put up what you want from the car, ie warranty wise, power, modded or standard etc.
Old 02 July 2004, 04:13 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Hi, Im a renault 5 fan, own 2 at the minute and they give me a bigger grin to drive 1 than the scooby does, great car tbh but just not the same as getting in the renault each to their own and all that, anyhow mine is a terzo FYI on an R plate (private 555) 63k miles FSSH and bought it for £7500 a UK car will be either a UK 2000 (std model) and the ltd editions are Mcrae, catalunya and terzo.... think thats about it tbh.

all classic shape WRX's and STi's are imports check out www.sidc.co.uk for all the info u should need.

btw keep the 5
Old 02 July 2004, 04:57 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

Well I would go for a late, well looked after UK Turbo.. MY99 onwards (4-pots, Crystal Lights, different bumpers etc).. Then get a TEK Re-map, prob either a TEK 2.5 or a TEK 3.

If you do a search then you'll see the sort of power thats available.

I have a MY99 running a TEK 2.5 (I think ) and I just got a new engine under Subaru Warranty as the ECU appears totally standard, its just the maps internally that have been changed.

Beats my mates P1 and STi's on and off the road (strip). 13.3 @ 105mph is my best time so far..

Cheers,
Grant
Old 02 July 2004, 09:39 PM
Dan69
Scooby Newbie

I still have the 5 turbo, wouldn't dream of getting rid of it. im half way through turning it into a track car.
Reason i want the subaru is cos i want the power but in a more refined car that is good for everyday use, the renaults good to drive now and then but i hated using it every day.