Sponsored by:

Legacy 3.0R anybody?

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2004, 01:49 PM
lexicon
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Legacy 3.0R anybody?

I briefly test drove one of these at the weekend and liked it; comfy, quiet, smooth and reasonable go, but I was a bit put off by the 17mpg average on the trip computer.
I appreciate that being a demo it'll get caned all over the place, but that's still pretty low.

So, has anybody out there got one, and what sort of mpg do you get from "sensible" driving?

Thanks.
Old 21 June 2004, 09:27 PM
Lum
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lexicon
I briefly test drove one of these at the weekend and liked it; comfy, quiet, smooth and reasonable go, but I was a bit put off by the 17mpg average on the trip computer.
I appreciate that being a demo it'll get caned all over the place, but that's still pretty low.

So, has anybody out there got one, and what sort of mpg do you get from "sensible" driving?

Thanks.
My GF test drove one of these on Saturday. It apparently belonged to the manager of the dealer and he gives it a bit of a caning also.

The trip computer gave a 24mpg average.

(edit: This was the 3.0 Rn with the semi-auto box and the funky satnav)

HTH
Old 21 June 2004, 11:57 PM
Old_Fart
Scooby Regular

Thats really funny as the dealer demo I drove also had 17.something as the average MPG when they brought it over. I drove the same car again a hundred miles later and it was up to 24.something...reckon the dealer took it easy when he brought it round that time LOL Still. I do know the manager who's driving it and he only lives 3 miles from the garage...that kinda short trip bollox's the mpg. This was at Wilsons in Chadwell Heath Thought it was a fine car, almost decided to get one, just a couple things to try first.
Cman
Old 22 June 2004, 12:00 PM
lexicon
Scooby Newbie

That seems to tie in with the dealer who said to expect around 25mpg, which I could probably live with (but not 17!) - Just wondered if there were any "real world" figures to go by.