Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Terzo Residuals - Opinions Invited...!

Search this Thread

Old 15 June 2004, 07:15 PM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Terzo Residuals - Opinions Invited...!

Following on from talizmans thread about RB5 prices, I would also appreciate some feedback.

I have been trying to sell my Terzo for a few months now (quick plug below)

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=327161

As you can see the car is just how a limited edition should be - standard (IMHO) But I just can't for the life of understand why it is not selling. It has been in Autotrader twice (the last time at £9500) and Top Marques once (but this was some time ago)

I have seen some for sale with high mileage for £9k. These high milers are always on an R plate aswell. Mine has done 40k miles and is on an S reg and I have dropped the price to £9k

Surely this is well a good price

I'm not sure whether to try Top Marques or Autotrader again. I only had one viewer the last time it was in Autotrader and he offered me 8.5k cash. My head felt like accepting but then my heart told me its worth 9k...So should I try it once more at £8995 ?

My next car will be ordered over the Internet so p/x is not really viable...

Thanks for any input,

Matt
Old 15 June 2004, 10:14 PM
JerryTerzo
Scooby Regular

It sounds a good price to me mate.
I paid £9995 for mine (S reg) in November 2003.

Hang in there, there are buyers out there, I suppose you just have to wait for the right buyer.
40,000 miles is low for the year, with a full service history and at £9250 someone will get themselves a good car for that money imho.

Good luck with the sale.
Old 15 June 2004, 10:16 PM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Ta Jerry
Old 16 June 2004, 09:14 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

you know what Im going to say already dont you

9k = overpriced IMO, bought mine (ok its an r plate and 60k miles) for £7500, personally think that was a good price and reckon 8k its more realistic for your car.

you ask, Im just saying
Old 16 June 2004, 09:39 AM
pbee
Scooby Regular

I think you will regret not taking the 8.5k offer.

re advertising at £8995 has just cost you £50+, no one will pay the advertised price so at least will knock you down another £250.

So you could possibly have gained £200, yet you have the risk of not selling and re-advertising at less again. and all the hassle of tyre kickers again.
Old 16 June 2004, 10:42 AM
CEL
Scooby Regular

I bought mine in Feb 2003 for £10400... 63000 miles on the clock but loaded with mods already.

Was wondering how much mine would be worth now. 74000 miles on the clock and a few more mods

I personally think that modded ones will be more apealing to people. Standard ones are ok but look pretty ordinary and less appealing in my opinion.

Chris
Old 16 June 2004, 10:55 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i think people arnt as afriad as they were, when it comes to buying the high powerd jap ones, and would rather buy a faster import for the same cash?
Old 16 June 2004, 11:24 AM
Wrexy27
Scooby Regular

try ebay - you get loads of interest and its cheap to list. sold a car successfully off auction but at a lower price than I originally wanted.
Old 16 June 2004, 11:52 AM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Terzo 333,

You are probably aware that you are on a hiding to nothing, asking for opinions on price on here!

The vultures will all tell you what your car is "really worth", in an attempt to kill residuals!

I won't slate the price of your car as it seems very fair for a low mileage, virgin example.

What I will say is, IMO, the Terzo, although a special edition, is not different enough from the standard MY97-98 for people to justify the extra cash.

Am I right in saying that it is basically a standard MY97 with Sonic paint and a few Terzo decals/plaque?

Unfortunately, even the colour isn't unique , as EU/irish imports could be got in Sonic Blue whereas the UK market never supplied the mainstream cars in that colour.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

At the end of the day, you car will be appealing to the enthusiast and connoisseur, but not to the average SN vulture looking for a bargain!

Good luck with the sale.
Old 16 June 2004, 11:55 AM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

My Terzo got knicked Aug last year and I got £10k back from the insurance which was what a replacement from a dealer would have cost.

I think you may be about £750-£1,000 over the top.

HTH
Old 16 June 2004, 12:05 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Terzo, there is currently 1 approved Terzo in Subaru dealers.......
SUBARU IMPREZA 2.0 TURBO TERZO AWD
MILEAGE: 29,250
TRANSMISSION: Manual
FUEL: Petrol
PRICE: £11,995

SUBARU IMPREZA 2.0 TURBO TERZO AWD FINISHED IN SONIC BLUE WITH BLACK CLOTH / VELOUR INTERIOR. SPECIFICATION INCLUDES ADJUSTABLE STEERING WHEEL, AIR CONDITIONING, ALARM, ALLOY WHEELS, ANTI-LOCK BRAKES, ELECTRIC WINDOWS, ENGINE IMMOBILISER, FRONT FOG LAMPS, POWER STEERING, RADIO/CASSETTE, REMOTE CENTRAL LOCKING AND REV COUNTER. FULL SERVICE HISTORY. LIMITED EDITION152/333.
£12k!!!

Surely yours must be worth £9k in that case!
Old 16 June 2004, 10:01 PM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Thanks very much for all the feedback - all the positive comments have been taken on board

I still beleive 9k is a very fair price for my car, but like some of you say, a limited edition is an enthusiasts car. There can't be that many enthusiasts looking for a Terzo at the moment

I have tried it on ebay and have had no joy. There was also another on there not so long ago similar to mine - his also failed to sell

talizman - you are right about the colour, however, it might just be me but you don't often see many classics in sonic blue (?) I'm hoping this might be one of those "unique selling point thingy majigs"

Thanks again
Old 17 June 2004, 08:51 AM
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"

IMO

Terzo

+ points - Special paint and Alcantara interior.

- points - 97/98 car so old style front bumper etc, Old style dashboard/not passenger airbag type, Standard type 16" wheels just painted gold, No power difference over standard UK Turbo.

For the same money you could get a 99/00 UK Turbo with newer front end and dashboard. Your only hope of selling your car will be via a real enthusiast who is only after a Terzo hence this will take time to find the right person. If your after a quick sale then the price will have to be dropped to under 9k and closer to 8k IMO.

Good luck with sale anyway mate

Last edited by prodriva; 17 June 2004 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Price mistake
Old 17 June 2004, 08:57 AM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Indeed one of the key selling points of the Terzo at the time was it was the only way to get a UK "Rally Blue" car. Plenty of Imports soon after had the same paint. Also lots of Gold wheels (an acquired taste) available from jap imports. Leaving the interior pretty much as the only diffentiator. I'd expect very little premium for a terzo now over a same age/mileage UK turbo 2000.

Deano
Old 17 June 2004, 09:16 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

the terzo had the uprated dash but early bumper btw....

the interior is very nice and I much prefer it over a std UK 2000 but does it all add up to that much more of an extra premium???? I dont think it does tbh
Old 17 June 2004, 10:04 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

One other MASSIVE selling point at present - Terzo has aircon.

And yes, it does have the newer interior (and alcantara).

Apart from that, a bog-standard MY98.

Good luck.
Old 17 June 2004, 10:19 AM
Nicci
Scooby Senior

There are 2 for sale on autotrader and both are under £8.5k, one is higher mileage and the other doesn't mention mileage, so its probably very high, but its priced at £7.5k.

Not nice to see the 'competition' at a lower price, but if the car still doesn't sell then you will have to reconsider.

Good luck
Old 17 June 2004, 10:32 AM
talizman
Scooby Regular

I think that Prodriva has hit the nail right on the head.....

Your only hope of selling your car will be via a real enthusiast who is only after a Terzo hence this will take time to find the right person.
The average buyer who doesn't have a particular model/year in mind won't even consider your car due to the fact that a newer example can be got for less.

You need someone who want a Terzo and nothing else, a match made in heaven.

Its a bit like me selling my RB5....

For the money I am asking you can get a bugeye with warranty, and the average buyer will probably opt for the newer car. I need a buyer who knows the RB's attributes and is specifically looking for one.

The only other option is to take a hit and get rid.

Good luck
Old 17 June 2004, 10:45 AM
Mike P
Scooby Regular

I was wondering why it was that you're selling?

I've idly considering swapping in my Terzo from time to time but then when I figured how much I'd have to spend to get an improved driving experience I just can't justify another motor. I'm going to mod this one instead.

The one change from standard spec that people haven't mentioned is the rear seats don't fold - not sure if there's extra bracing over and above a standard MY98 car?

Mike

Last edited by Mike P; 17 June 2004 at 10:47 AM.