Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

23 degrees but i have goosebumps!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 14 June 2004, 10:11 PM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 23 degrees but i have goosebumps!!!!!

Sizzling hot this evening but I had goosebumps all over.The reason,can only be the drive in the Scoob.Still running in the WR1,just over 200 miles but what a feeling,cant even give it full force of the right foot,but WoW!!!!!!!!
Absolutely made up with it.

Only problem is when the wife took it out of our garage this morning to go to work in ,it shook the house,and next doors and the one after that.I was talking to them this evening,and they told me what time she left!!!!!(05-30am)
Good neighbours though,they didnt mind too much.
Its not a monstrous noise but a very throaty burble.
I think they will get used to it dont you!!
Old 14 June 2004, 10:13 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

better watch out for those bear
Old 14 June 2004, 10:31 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

My scoob is running pants in this weather

Boost drops to 0.7 Bar once I climb over 4800rpm
Old 15 June 2004, 07:27 AM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
My scoob is running pants in this weather

Boost drops to 0.7 Bar once I climb over 4800rpm
Have you an intercooler spray?If so does it do much in this heat?

Turbobits was on here the other day with a trick bit of kit for automatic intercooler spraying .Maybe that may help.
Old 15 June 2004, 08:31 AM
P1_BEN
Scooby Regular

njkmr, I live in a block of flats and the parking is underneath.... First day I got the WR1 the guy came down and complained reckoned I was revving for no reason..!! makes a huge difference if i park it with the exhaust against the wall... So i left at 5.30 the next day not heard anything since.
Old 15 June 2004, 08:37 AM
WR1 Bro
Scooby Regular

Loads of rumble by the sounds of things. Can't wait. The only keeping me going at the moment is hearing you guys telling your little stories. Sad to many, superb to me!!

Keep enjoying!
Old 15 June 2004, 08:48 AM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WR1 Bro
Loads of rumble by the sounds of things. Can't wait. The only keeping me going at the moment is hearing you guys telling your little stories. Sad to many, superb to me!!

Keep enjoying!
If it keeps one happy we will keep em coming.
Looking for a set of mudflaps today.
Not prepared to pay £300 plus for prodrive ones tho.
Thought about ScottLowe ones.
P1 have you put flaps on urs m8.??

Trending Topics

Old 15 June 2004, 09:01 AM
MikeWood
Scooby Regular

That's all right then, they are £225 inc vat so you won't have to pay £300 plus.......

Mike
Old 15 June 2004, 09:13 AM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Still a bit steep,but may be worth a look.Thanks Mike for the info.
Old 15 June 2004, 10:01 AM
P1_BEN
Scooby Regular

Not as yet but will be when I get the chance, i've ordered the STI splitter and want the prodrive mud flaps as well... I was hoping to get the prodrive ones, although not seen them in the flesh on a car as yet...
Old 15 June 2004, 10:15 AM
WR1 Bro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P1_BEN
Not as yet but will be when I get the chance, i've ordered the STI splitter and want the prodrive mud flaps as well... I was hoping to get the prodrive ones, although not seen them in the flesh on a car as yet...
I've got the Prodrive flaps ordered but no car. I WANT MY CAR NOW!

Is there anyway of be able to chase up the situation with an order without having to contact the dealer?
Old 15 June 2004, 10:22 AM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

I've got the Prodrive flaps ordered but no car. I WANT MY CAR NOW!

Is there anyway of be able to chase up the situation with an order without having to contact the dealer?
BRO try phoning International Motors m8 on 01215572112.They dont particularly like you phoning them,but they got me some answers eventually.Tell them your dealer doesnt have the info ,which they probably dont and you need to know where it is.
Worked for me m8.Good luck.Let us know how you get on.
Old 15 June 2004, 10:52 AM
WR1 Bro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by njkmr
BRO try phoning International Motors m8 on 01215572112.They dont particularly like you phoning them,but they got me some answers eventually.Tell them your dealer doesnt have the info ,which they probably dont and you need to know where it is.
Worked for me m8.Good luck.Let us know how you get on.
Thanks, tried this without much success. The best advice was speak to the dealer. Unfrotunately the dealer seems to know little more than I do!!

Was originally told car would be ready for 18 May. Planned a weekend in Southampton followed by a holiday in Scotland around this to ensure the car was run in very quickly!! So bored of waiting now with a firm date.
Old 15 June 2004, 11:05 AM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Thanks, tried this without much success. The best advice was speak to the dealer. Unfrotunately the dealer seems to know little more than I do!!

Was originally told car would be ready for 18 May. Planned a weekend in Southampton followed by a holiday in Scotland around this to ensure the car was run in very quickly!! So bored of waiting now with a firm date.
The dealer will only find out off IM.Insist politely that you need to know where it is,taxed insured etc and becoming frustrated.
IM will tell you they will find out and inform your dealer ,who can then inform you.
It is a rubbish system,because everyone gets edgy,and phonecalls go round and round.You just want to know where it is in the chain,and IM know exactly where it will be at any given time.Try again m8,they have the answer.Stay polite though.
Old 15 June 2004, 11:28 AM
WR1 Bro
Scooby Regular

The dealer will only find out off IM.Insist politely that you need to know where it is,taxed insured etc and becoming frustrated.
IM will tell you they will find out and inform your dealer ,who can then inform you.
It is a rubbish system,because everyone gets edgy,and phonecalls go round and round.You just want to know where it is in the chain,and IM know exactly where it will be at any given time.Try again m8,they have the answer.Stay polite though.
Why do IM need to speak to dealer to pass on info regards where the car is?

I am so keen to hear the exhaust note!! I can't be certain that I have seen a WR1 just yet. Think I saw one in Edinburgh but it went past in opposite direct far too fast. My woman wanted me to spin my Jeep around and chase it!!!!! If I'd been in the Scooby I might have tried.
Old 15 June 2004, 11:45 AM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Why do IM need to speak to dealer to pass on info regards where the car is?

I am so keen to hear the exhaust note!! I can't be certain that I have seen a WR1 just yet. Think I saw one in Edinburgh but it went past in opposite direct far too fast. My woman wanted me to spin my Jeep around and chase it!!!!! If I'd been in the Scooby I might have tried.
The last time I spoke to IM about my wr1 they seemed a bit stressed with all the enquiries from owners asking.So they will try and help but they try and discourage Jo Public from the chain,by telling you to go back to ur dealer.They dont mind dealing with the dealer because thats who they normally speak with I presume.

So they dont want to speak with you because they have enuff on their plate basically.So they will speak with the dealer ,who will then speak with you and the dealer will tell you the answer to the question you originally had to ask Im because the dealer did not know.If you know what I mean.
Old 15 June 2004, 11:51 AM
WR1 Bro
Scooby Regular

The last time I spoke to IM about my wr1 they seemed a bit stressed with all the enquiries from owners asking.So they will try and help but they try and discourage Jo Public from the chain,by telling you to go back to ur dealer.They dont mind dealing with the dealer because thats who they normally speak with I presume.

So they dont want to speak with you because they have enuff on their plate basically.So they will speak with the dealer ,who will then speak with you and the dealer will tell you the answer to the question you originally had to ask Im because the dealer did not know.If you know what I mean.
Yes, and whilst all this is going on you guys are playing in your WR1's!!!
Old 15 June 2004, 11:55 AM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Yes, and whilst all this is going on you guys are playing in your WR1's!!!
Feekin ell!!
Yes,enuff agony aunt for the mo.Im outta hear.
Seriously tho,hope you get ur answers.
Later.