Picked up WRX PPP today !!!

Search this Thread

Old 12 June 2004, 06:38 PM
markus_UK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Picked up WRX PPP today !!!

Yo all...

Wow .. after so much wait and justification (I was a Dad for the first time recently and debate with wife has been interesting !)....

Just love it :

MY04 WRX 4 door, blue with Prodrive spoiler (looks wicked )

Just started the run in period today .... OH MY GOD ... how do you keep under 4000 rpm for 1000 miles !! You can just detect the turbo coming in around 3000 and it just wants to go at 4000 -- and then you have to change up ...

The PPP will be fitted at 1000 mile service so I am never really going to know what the standard car is like - but is sounds great even now ..!!

Baby seat etc installed in the back .....

This is what I love about it . ... baby and wife in car ... went shopping ... full boot of food and nappies etc ....( so its practical !)... but I know what it can do in the next month or two .. (when its just me ).....

I was cack at gettting it in the garage first time tonight .... wife did it first time ... (she was cool) ... so that bit is over ...

Well, its a BBQ now and a few beers ..... but I'm sure to read the manual later tonight and dream of a swift drive down the A4 at some point in the future ...

Sorry for going on .... just made up ... Probably the best thing of all tonight is that the wife is as well - perfect day ...

cheers

Mark

oh ..p.s .. got tracker installed today as well. Not required by insurance but feel better about it ...
Old 12 June 2004, 06:41 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

I was excited when i got mine last august too, the grin doesnt go btw!!!!
Old 12 June 2004, 06:50 PM
Jasoon
Scooby Regular

Wait till you have the PPP at 1000 miles

Mines going for its 1000 mile service on Monday
Old 12 June 2004, 06:52 PM
jaycee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markus_UK
I was cack at gettting it in the garage first time tonight .... wife did it first time ... (she was cool) ... so that bit is over ...
I know what you mean about that, the terror of scratching it or catching it!
Enjoy your new toy.

Jason
Old 12 June 2004, 07:45 PM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Welcome to family car ownership fella.!!!!!!!!!!!
It makes being a responsible fatherly figure so much Ferkin Fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Enjoy!!
Old 12 June 2004, 08:19 PM
mrklaw
Scooby Regular

yep, its a great combination of fun and practicality. I can never understand those who have people carriers with only two kids. I've got a second on the way and there is plenty of space for two car seats in the back and wife in the front.

When I were a lad we were a family of 5 and all happily fitted in my dads Cavalier.
Old 12 June 2004, 08:32 PM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

When I was a lad all 10 of us walked in single file!!!!!!

Trending Topics

Old 12 June 2004, 08:45 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

Glad you like it. You sound like I did when I bought my first Scoob an MY99 in June that year. Now on my third, a WR Blue STI. These cars just get better with each MY, though I suppose if I had driven or owned a P1 or RB5 it would be a different story. Anyways, the MY03/4 WRX is much better than the MY02 I owned. You will just love the PPP, it transforms the car. When I had it fitted to my MY02 last year it turned it into the car I expected after owning a MY99 Turbo. I had a test drive in a MY03 with PPP first and it was awesome. Enjoy

Yorkie
Old 12 June 2004, 08:53 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

the smiling never stops or it does when you go to clean the bugger & its covered in stonechips (mental note to myself stop going after evos)
oh did i tell you about my conquest of an FQ300
Nah honestly m8 every day of driving it gets better

sti-04!!
Old 12 June 2004, 09:06 PM
craigdmcd
Scooby Regular

Default Need more

Got my WRX SL PPP 3 weeks ago, fitted the FF7's with Goodyear F1's and STi Rear spoiler, love the the car but feel it is still lacking, not quite as good as the hype makes it, probably would be better if it hadn't got any hype. Still glad I got it as the wife has got to use it and I think a Sti would have been too extreme for her (could just about stretch to one after what I have spent on this) and an Evo was 1: too dear, 2: too extreme, 3: too dear to run & 4: just not as beautifully balanced if you take away all it's electronic gizmos. Pretty happy with my choice (It even gets nods of approval in the Subaru dealer). Happy motoring Markus

Craig
Old 13 June 2004, 12:46 AM
bigknd
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Yep know how you feel Marcus, I picked up MY04 WRX with PPP (Got it fitted from day one!) today, as you say bloody hard keeping it under 4000rpm but the sound from the prodrive exaust is awsome

bigknd
Old 13 June 2004, 12:54 AM
GarethE
Scooby Regular

Craig - wait for the engine to loosen up a bit, scoobys tend to get better when the mileage builds up (10,000 odd +), in my experience anyway

Gareth (03 STi PPP with 38000 miles )
Old 13 June 2004, 03:04 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Mark, glad you're happy with your choice. I've had my MY03 WRX PPP (20k-nice & loose now ) for 4 months and the smile simply doesn't fade. The superb friends I've made are a wonderful bonus I never expected through simply buying a car, so I recommend you track down your local meets.

Additional to the Tracker, may I suggest a BlackJax and Disclock. Neither is too pricey and worth the peace of mind.

Just think, your kiddie is too young to realise that its birthday presents are crap 'cos daddy spent all his money on mods for the Scooby How long 'til you're chasing Prodrive springs mudflaps (expensive ) 18's, brakes, blah, blah, blah, rhubarb.......

Old 15 June 2004, 12:12 PM
craigdmcd
Scooby Regular

Cheers GarethE, hope your right as my previous scoobies have all been more impressive, (2 legacy's, 2 classic impreza's). Hard thing going back to a slow car like this as I work for Mercedes and when you have driven a CL65AMG (612bhp,2000Kg), the whole world seems a little mundane, but at least we are lucky enough for Subaru not to add too many electronic aids. Time to hit the Subaru web site again and see what's available in the accesories page. Hope your having fun Markus