Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Impreza? Or another Auto Express Photoshop?

Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2004, 07:07 PM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New Impreza? Or another Auto Express Photoshop?

Here: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/?http:/...y.php?id=47500
Apologies if it's SIAL

edit: Just noticed this is the same pic posted from the Jap website, but the article is talking about UK STi's with DCCD-A this year.

Last edited by Trashman; 10 June 2004 at 07:16 PM.
Old 10 June 2004, 07:13 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

The link you've given comes up with the front page of the new edition of the magazine Trashman. If you mean the article about the "facelifted flagship Impreza", with the pic of the white car, it's not a Photoshop job. but there's a lot of typical AE bull**** in the text.

The car they're showing is the 05MY Spec C. It's not a "new Impreza" per sé, it's the latest version of the lightweight homologation special.

It is SIAL-ish tho - there have already been a couple of threads on the 05MY cars, and it's not really the scoop Auto Express are making it out to be either - all the info is up on Subaru's Japanese website.
Old 10 June 2004, 07:20 PM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

Have to admit I saw the Jap link but my japanese isn't up to much . Interesting to put together with the other rumours going around - though it aint official until its official. Nice to think the UK will get an uplift in power and DCCD may become standard - I guess though this is a logical progression after the WR1 though.

Here's hoping!
Old 10 June 2004, 07:53 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trashman
Interesting to put together with the other rumours going around - though it aint official until its official.
The safe approach with Auto Express is not to believe a f*ck*ng word until you've seen authoritative confirmation elsewhere.

Nice to think the UK will get an uplift in power and DCCD may become standard - I guess though this is a logical progression after the WR1 though.
Maybe, maybe not. If you actually read the Auto Express article, it jabbers on about the '05 (Japanese only) Spec C, and further down the article mentions that deliveries to the UK start later in the year. Nowhere does it actually say that UK cars will get the DCCD and more power.

To be honest this looks to me like typical AE bull****. Make a load of fuss about a car that is a mild revamp of something that already exists, and word the article in a sufficiently vague manner that everyone is encouraged to buy the magazine to find out more.

It is, in short, a lot less "news" than it pretends to be. It may indeed turn out to be that '05 UK STi's have DCCD as standard, but I wouldn't take this particular article as any indication to this effect.
Old 10 June 2004, 11:07 PM
WR-one
Scooby Regular

They forgot to mention the fully auto climate control, lovely new cup holders, upholstered arm rests, lovely rear flaired arches, wider wheels, new front LSD, rear suspension tweaks, new steering wheel, under body protection..........UMM..
Old 10 June 2004, 11:56 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

This is Auto Express we're talking about. What did you expect, unerring factual accuracy???
Old 11 June 2004, 09:32 AM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by greasemonkey
Maybe, maybe not. If you actually read the Auto Express article, it jabbers on about the '05 (Japanese only) Spec C, and further down the article mentions that deliveries to the UK start later in the year. Nowhere does it actually say that UK cars will get the DCCD and more power.
Maybe we are looking at different articles - I updated the link in the first post. The way I read it, it looked very much like DCCD & more power (and wider wheelarches, no mention of cup holders though ) on sale in the UK later this year? Didn't see anything about the spec C - maybe what I was reading was a *******ised version of an earlier 'exclusive' to make an all new 'exclusive' and that wouldn't be a first either.

But granted I wouldn't take anything in Auto Express as fact until it was confirmed elsewhere.
Old 11 June 2004, 01:31 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Trashman
Maybe we are looking at different articles -
It's the same one, now you've updated the link it's obvious.

I updated the link in the first post. The way I read it, it looked very much like DCCD & more power (and wider wheelarches, no mention of cup holders though ) on sale in the UK later this year?
Think it's a case of reading what's written rather than what you think is there.

Didn't see anything about the spec C
That's because it wasn't mentioned by name. They say "It's badged STi", but the car pictured is the '05 Spec C, not the regular, "common or garden" STi model.

They then go on to list the technical spec (of the Spec C) and end the article by saying that UK sales start in September.

As we already know that Subaru UK don't sell the Spec C, it's then an open question whether the "September" comment refers to a car with the features described above, or whether it simply means that the 05MY cars go on sale here in September.
Old 11 June 2004, 05:19 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

It's been confirmed elsewhere Trashman that the Auto Express article is talking about the JDM cars, not the UK ones, so again it seems that (deliberately or otherwise) the article has been written in a way that encourages people to get the wrong end of the stick.

Last edited by greasemonkey; 11 June 2004 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11 June 2004, 05:37 PM
Trashman
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by greasemonkey
It's been confirmed elsewhere Trashman that the Auto Express article is talking about the JDM cars, not the UK ones, so again it seems that (deliberately or otherwise) the article has been written in a way that encourages people to get the wrong end of the stick.
Thanks for that...I'll dream on a while longer let's hope autumn time brings some interesting news.