Sponsored by:

PRODRIVE BACKBOX

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2004, 07:03 PM
Aly Mac
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PRODRIVE BACKBOX

anyone on here fitted the prodrive backbox to thier car ??, i finally got an answer relating to warranty today so am looking to fit new backbox a.s.a.p., the person at the dealers asked which backbox i was going to fit, i said it would probably be the scoobyworld ninja as its not quite as loud as the afterburner,they then offered the prodrive backbox to me, as i never really new about it i thought i would ask if anyone here has it fitted and what they think of it ??

p.s. i want to fit the backbox to a 04 sti uk

cheers
Old 04 June 2004, 07:13 PM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

The Oval WR Sport Pipe is a good back box but not a free flowing as other after market ones
Old 04 June 2004, 07:14 PM
sparkykev
Scooby Regular

Location: Ex WRX now a Harley Iron. Warwickshire. Oh what fun...

So what was the answer with the warranty issue?
I fitted one from a ppp and i'm happy with it, great sounding (not too loud) compared to the near silent standard backbox, though not much difference in performance, but engine is more responsive.
Was the dealer trying to sell you the WRsport one with the oval tailpipe? If so i'm not sure how they perform or how they sound.
Old 04 June 2004, 07:26 PM
Aly Mac
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sparkykev
So what was the answer with the warranty issue?
I fitted one from a ppp and i'm happy with it, great sounding (not too loud) compared to the near silent standard backbox, though not much difference in performance, but engine is more responsive.
Was the dealer trying to sell you the WRsport one with the oval tailpipe? If so i'm not sure how they perform or how they sound.
with regards to the warranty, if your only fitting a backbox it only affects the warranty for the rest of the exhaust, its only when you start to fit full aftermarket systems that you can run into problems, as for which prodrive exhaust they were trying to sell me i`m unsure, they only said they had the one to fit the car in stock and it was 300 sheets + vat, is there more than one type available for the car ???