Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAO: WR1 owners...quick question if I may?

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2004, 10:03 PM
subaruwr1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FAO: WR1 owners...quick question if I may?

My WR1 was registered just over a week ago by the dealer when I gave them payment.What should I expect RE: the pack I receive and when and expected date of delivery.
thanks in advance
Ian
Old 01 June 2004, 10:24 PM
Gee WR1
Scooby Regular

Started getting things week after it was insured.

Got registration doc 1st, day after the pack, day after that subaru assistance card.

Just need car now, poss this week.

Gee
Old 01 June 2004, 10:40 PM
achad
Scooby Regular

The pack will contain a letter confirming your build number welcome etc, a brousure, key ring, solberg commemoration plaque, numbered tax disc and your service book. Once asked for your insurance details, get it into your dealer asap as it will take on average 2 weeks from then.
Good luck, not too long now
Old 01 June 2004, 10:43 PM
achad
Scooby Regular

North Wales isn't too far from me. Who did you order from?
Old 01 June 2004, 10:48 PM
subaruwr1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by achad
North Wales isn't too far from me. Who did you order from?
Couldnt get one from my local dealer so ended up ordering one from Widness
Old 01 June 2004, 10:58 PM
achad
Scooby Regular

Cool, Thats were I got mine from

I just started to put my foot down properly yesterday on the way back from Elvington (1400 miles) and **** me, it is quick! As a few ppl could verify

Enjoy, you shouldl not be disappointed
Old 01 June 2004, 11:32 PM
gmj_wr1
Scooby Newbie

What you can expect m8 is a superb motor that will have you grinning like a cheshire cat Ive done 1600 mile in mine and each day gets better.Ive driven most cars Evo 8 included and I am more than happy that I made the right choice despite what poodle head on the telly says,the proof is in the day to day driving which you will find out for yourself. Enjoy.

Trending Topics

Old 01 June 2004, 11:33 PM
sumo
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Due to a *****-up with my reg transfer I got my tax disc holder etc a week after I got my car, but it was well worth the wait as I got no 12 which I am very pleased with. The car is absolutly awsome..............sumo.
Old 01 June 2004, 11:46 PM
achad
Scooby Regular

Sumo,

On monday I was wandering about this WR1 with a private plate on. No case of miss identity with a plate like that and your login name hey

I was parked a little further down on the left (as you walked back to the car)

I think there were 4 of us on the day.
Old 02 June 2004, 07:20 AM
sumo
Scooby Regular

Cool

achad, sorry I missed you, I had a look around the park at about 2.30 , if you were there then I apologise.........sumo.
Old 02 June 2004, 07:57 AM
subaruwr1
Scooby Regular

Cool, Thats were I got mine from

I just started to put my foot down properly yesterday on the way back from Elvington (1400 miles) and **** me, it is quick! As a few ppl could verify

Enjoy, you shouldl not be disappointed
I think I saw yours when I was there 2 weeks ago.Was yours the 1st they had?
Old 02 June 2004, 10:57 AM
achad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by subaruwr1
I think I saw yours when I was there 2 weeks ago.Was yours the 1st they had?
Yes m8, you number two on the list then?
Old 02 June 2004, 11:05 AM
RobinSherwood
Scooby Regular

My WR1 was registered just over a week ago by the dealer when I gave them payment.What should I expect RE: the pack I receive and when and expected date of delivery.
thanks in advance
Ian
Ian,

Seems to be a fair bit of variation, my car was registered, insured and paid for 2 weeks ago now, still no pack, still now word on delivery date. I put a call in to IM last night so hoping to get a response from them today. They 'seem' quite keen to help so maybe an idea to call them if yours drags on.

Regards

Robin
Old 02 June 2004, 11:13 AM
LiamWR1
Scooby Regular

Car registered on Friday 21st May, received car registration docs Monday 24th May, received pack Wednesday 26th May, received aircon service book Tuesday 2nd June & should get the car this Friday or Saturday
Old 02 June 2004, 02:14 PM
RobinSherwood
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by LiamWR1
Car registered on Friday 21st May, received car registration docs Monday 24th May, received pack Wednesday 26th May, received aircon service book Tuesday 2nd June & should get the car this Friday or Saturday
Good for you Liam, just shows there is no ryhme or reason to this.

I have just learnt from IM that my car was registered on Sat 22nd May (so that proves my dealer has been less than honest). It was paid for and insured etc. on the 19th May. Still no pack...... and according to IM my car is still in the compound awaiting transport to have the PPP etc.,.. fitted and is still likely to be 2 to 3 weeks away! So looks like it could be 5 weeks from registration to delivery for me. I would like to say that IM were very helpful and did give me information whereas my dealer seems totally incapable of finding anything out.

Regards,

Robin
Old 02 June 2004, 02:28 PM
LiamWR1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RobinSherwood

I have just learnt from IM that my car was registered on Sat 22nd May (so that proves my dealer has been less than honest). It was paid for and insured etc. on the 19th May. Still no pack...... and according to IM my car is still in the compound awaiting transport to have the PPP etc.,.. fitted and is still likely to be 2 to 3 weeks away! So looks like it could be 5 weeks from registration to delivery for me. I would like to say that IM were very helpful and did give me information whereas my dealer seems totally incapable of finding anything out.

Regards,

Robin
That has to be so frustrating Robin!!!! It appears that your dealer is quite happy (now he's been paid!) to sit back and wait till it arrives at his garage

Again it appears that the sequence of events between registering the car and receiving the car is a lottery, I can only hope you receive something in the post soon as it lets you know you are only a matter of days away from receiving the car

I've also opted for the window security tint, with med on the sides and back along with the clear security film on the front screen, I know some people will hate it but my girlfriends WRX has it and it looks great, along with the extra security benefits of course.

So hang in their Robin it cant be to much longer now

My number was #138

Cheers,

Liam.
Old 02 June 2004, 02:35 PM
P1_BEN
Scooby Regular

Took just under 3 weeks from payment and insurance for mine and that was pushing it...... I have no 249.... Anyone have a higher no yet..??
Old 02 June 2004, 02:35 PM
subaruwr1
Scooby Regular

Yes m8, you number two on the list then?
I actually think that I am 3rd but have been told it wont be long till I get it..(How long going by some of the posts on this thread is anyones guess)
Old 02 June 2004, 02:40 PM
subaruwr1
Scooby Regular

Ian,

Seems to be a fair bit of variation, my car was registered, insured and paid for 2 weeks ago now, still no pack, still now word on delivery date. I put a call in to IM last night so hoping to get a response from them today. They 'seem' quite keen to help so maybe an idea to call them if yours drags on.

Regards

Robin
I think I will give them a call..Has anyone got the number for IM?
Old 02 June 2004, 03:25 PM
RobinSherwood
Scooby Regular

Liam,

Thanks, yes I am going to hang on in there and will no doubt let you all know when I finally get it.

subaruwr1

You have PM

Regards

Robin
Old 02 June 2004, 07:51 PM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Number is 01215572112.Mine has been insured for two weeks this Friday.Reg docs received.No pack yet ,no word on when it will arrive,number 260.
Think I will give them a ring tomorrow myself.They have been helpful confirming my car was allocated over two weeks ago.
Old 02 June 2004, 08:58 PM
Jza
Scooby Regular

Regards,

Robin
Hmmm... very helpfull WHILE THEYVE GOT YOUR £30K and your warrenty and tax is already running out

Jza
Old 02 June 2004, 10:48 PM
martinl
Scooby Regular

I have been waiting for over five weeks now after being told 2.
I'm sorry but what/who is IM that every body keeps talking about and is it worth calling them regarding wr1 delivery??
Cheers
Martin
Old 03 June 2004, 07:36 AM
subaruwr1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by martinl
I have been waiting for over five weeks now after being told 2.
I'm sorry but what/who is IM that every body keeps talking about and is it worth calling them regarding wr1 delivery??
Cheers
Martin
IM = International Motors , who are subaru uk.

I am going to ring them today regarding my order.i think by what everyone else is saying its a good idea to give them a call.
cheers
Ian
Old 03 June 2004, 09:29 AM
RobinSherwood
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jza
Hmmm... very helpfull WHILE THEYVE GOT YOUR £30K and your warrenty and tax is already running out

Jza
Now I may be wrong here, but what I understand from the person I spoke to at IM yesterday was that the dealer has my money until delivery and it is the dealer who seems incapable of giving me information.

The warranty issue had not escaped me. I was planning to bring this up next time I speak to IM - maybe we all should. If enough of us make a fuss maybe they will agree to warranty starting from delivery to the dealer or some such.

Also will be wording a strong letter to the dealer principle over the honesty (or otherwise) of his sales staff.

Regards

Robin
Old 03 June 2004, 12:48 PM
subaruwr1
Scooby Regular

Now I may be wrong here, but what I understand from the person I spoke to at IM yesterday was that the dealer has my money until delivery and it is the dealer who seems incapable of giving me information.

The warranty issue had not escaped me. I was planning to bring this up next time I speak to IM - maybe we all should. If enough of us make a fuss maybe they will agree to warranty starting from delivery to the dealer or some such.

Also will be wording a strong letter to the dealer principle over the honesty (or otherwise) of his sales staff.

Regards

Robin

I agree with the point about salesmen telling lies..My salesman told me car was registered on 21st May..Upon calling IM today it was not registered until 1st June.IM said I should have car within 3 weeks and dealer says within 10days.who do I beleive
Old 03 June 2004, 01:35 PM
RobinSherwood
Scooby Regular

I agree with the point about salesmen telling lies..My salesman told me car was registered on 21st May..Upon calling IM today it was not registered until 1st June.IM said I should have car within 3 weeks and dealer says within 10days.who do I beleive
Suppose we have got to believe IM as they are in actual posession of 'our' cars?

Hmmm.... Sounds fimiliar this doesn't it either we have picked two dealers who are economical with the truth (or the same one maybe!) or maybe this is common amongst Subaru dealers?

I suppose many do not take into account the fact some of us communicate on this BBS so we know we are not the only ones!

Regards,

Robin
Old 03 June 2004, 01:37 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Now I may be wrong here, but what I understand from the person I spoke to at IM yesterday was that the dealer has my money until delivery and it is the dealer who seems incapable of giving me information"

When is "delivery"? Registration, or when you drive off dfrom the dealers?

My dealer told me that they had to pay for the car at registration.
Old 03 June 2004, 01:46 PM
LiamWR1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nick
"Now I may be wrong here, but what I understand from the person I spoke to at IM yesterday was that the dealer has my money until delivery and it is the dealer who seems incapable of giving me information"

When is "delivery"? Registration, or when you drive off dfrom the dealers?

My dealer told me that they had to pay for the car at registration.
Thats a load of ***** Nick, my dealer has only had my deposit £1K and I've had all my car registered & received all my documents through the post etc.. I will only part with my existing car & cash when I go to collect the car.
Old 03 June 2004, 02:29 PM
RobinSherwood
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by LiamWR1
Thats a load of ***** Nick, my dealer has only had my deposit £1K and I've had all my car registered & received all my documents through the post etc.. I will only part with my existing car & cash when I go to collect the car.
Whereas my dealer has my full £29,995 and believe me I fought hard to pay on delivery, but they were not having it. The dealer CLAIMED they had to pay IM at registration. I now know this not to be the case.......

Robin

Quick Reply: FAO: WR1 owners...quick question if I may?