Sponsored by:

she has gone

Search this Thread

Old 31 May 2004, 09:38 AM
donutman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default she has gone

I sold (just) my car yesterday and I am gutted about having to do it but can not justify it at the moment (I was not this upset when I got divorced).

Just for all to see here a pic of her

Anyway the tale goes. I took her out for a final spin round and thought the front brake was making a noise, I had a quick look but could not see the pad worn, and I removed the splash guard as it looked like it may have been rubbing on that, I thought I had best tell Sean (the buyer) about it. Loaded up all the parts that was going with the car for the trip up to stoke (we were meeting up about half way), on the trip up I thought I still could here the brake. I told Sean when we got together we took it for a quick blast and he could not here anything (just me looking for an excuse not to sell it). Anyway did all the docs stuff, alarm stuff etc, and we parted company. 2 mins later the phone rings it Sean he can not start the car, I spin round and go back. When I get back to her the battery is flat, so we bump it in the car park and she fired up. We put it down to the radio and alarm going off etc had drained it. We then went and had a pint in the pub (whilst his dad finished his dinner), when we came out and tried her she would not start. We decided to get a new battery, so we found the local Halfords bought a new battery and returned to the car to fit it. A quick check in his dads\our Avensis car for a spanner or pair of pliers relived none, asked in the pub if they had any, they had not. Asked a few people in the car park, they had not got anything, so in my wisdom I thought I would have a look in the Subaru kit, what a relief when I saw a spanners and pliers. We swapped the battery and she fired up (what a relief). After a minute Sean noticed that I had left the lights on (I put them on the way up when I went through a downpour) so that is the reason it flat when we sat chatting about the car.

Anyway Sean was happy again (I know I would not have been very impressed if I went to buy a car and it would not start (although I have never not had it not start)) and my embarrassment died away. I know that car and I have been through a lot (new engine etc), but I think some how she new I was giving her up to a new owner and did not want to go (or was upset set that the first thing Sean did was rip the afr pod off ( I had silicon it to the a pillar).

Good look with the car Sean and treat her well.
Old 31 May 2004, 10:15 AM
Granby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lovely looking car m8, sorry you had to sell it, will you be getting another one when the time is right.
Old 31 May 2004, 06:26 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Flaminsmart
Lovely car m8, such a shame it had to go!
Tams
You moved again?!

Tony