Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2nd hand Impreza Parts & Labour warranties?

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2004, 08:15 PM
seanks
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd hand Impreza Parts & Labour warranties?

I know this is a bit optomistic but thought I'd have a look for one of those mechanical Warranties you can get for 2nd hand cars. Not had any luck so far, with the AA, RAC, etc, don't seem to like Impreza's Any one ever managed to arrange for one of these for their Impreza?
cheers
Old 24 May 2004, 08:39 PM
APIDavid
Former Sponsor
Support Scoobynet!
Support Scoobynet!Support Scoobynet!

Location: @Junc 12, M40 Warwicksh; 01926 614522 CV33 9PL -Use 9GX for Satnav. South Mids Alcatek ECu dealer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by seanks
I know this is a bit optomistic but thought I'd have a look for one of those mechanical Warranties you can get for 2nd hand cars. Not had any luck so far, with the AA, RAC, etc, don't seem to like Impreza's Any one ever managed to arrange for one of these for their Impreza?
cheers
Save your money towards a repair cost. Most warranty companies wriggle out of most claims in my experience and leave a bad taste in the mouth of the policyholder.

Many on here will testify that they had have the refusal from their relative warranty co and wish that they hadn't wasted their money.

David API
Old 24 May 2004, 09:27 PM
oakleaf
Scooby Regular

If you must throw your money away then I noticed a post on one of the forums cannot remember where but it went something like this

These Policies only seem to pay out one in 10 so just take what U were going to spend on the policy and put it on a horse at between 6-10 to 1 and if it wins put it in the bank for car repairs if it losses then they didn't pay out and your no worse off
Mike
Camskill
Old 24 May 2004, 10:36 PM
seanks
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the info. Much what I had expected. Any decent tips for the gee gees then.
Old 25 May 2004, 07:26 AM
DJFish
Scooby Regular

I've got the Subaru extended warrenty and have had no problems claiming on it, however friends who've had aftermarket have been stiffed every time.

Bit like mobile phone insurance, buggers have so many get-out clauses, you have to be very luck to have something go wrong which is covered.
Old 31 May 2004, 07:01 PM
Rarinrob
Scooby Newbie

Default Warranty

I've got a six-month RAC warranty on my MY99 Turbo and am having my gearbox repaired under it next month. They seemed fine when I rang them to query having it done, but the dealer has to call them before initiating repairs (think this is standard practise).

However, RAC will only pay a labour rate of up to £30ph. How mad is that? Don't know of any garages that charge less than £40 these days. So I've got to pay the difference. At least it's what they call a 'Five Star' warranty, so it pretty much covers everything.
Old 01 June 2004, 01:58 AM
oakleaf
Scooby Regular

Default AAAhhhrrmmm

However, RAC will only pay a labour rate of up to £30ph. How mad is that? Don't know of any garages that charge less than £40 these days
Well we charge £30 an hour and are constantly booked up
We generally stick to std servicing and cambelt work.
The odd clutch fitted and NO work on head gaskets and engine rebuilds.

Oh and we don't do warranty work due to them being a pain to get any money out of

Mike
Camskill
ps That £30 an hour INCLUDES the vat