Sponsored by:

Happy MY00 owner

Search this Thread

Old 24 May 2004, 01:42 PM
TheSilverScoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy MY00 owner

Hi everyone. I am a newbie to posting on this forum but I have been skulking around for a few months.

I have been trying to decide what car to get for the past 3 months. I narrowed the choice down to a Clio 172, a Scoob Turbo and a PS 150 Golf. Needles to say I picked my Scoob up on Saturday morning and I love it already. It’s a standard Silver UK Turbo apart from the boot spoiler (STI apparently). It is a MY00 on a W reg with 33K on the clock and was purchased from a Subaru dealership for 11K. It in good condition and it has a full Subaru history.

I got the insurance through Liverpool Victoria. It cost me £803 including protection for my no claims. I am 30 living in a pretty poor p ostcode with 8 years no claims. I was surprised when they did not want to know where the car would be parked and even more surprised when they told me that enabling the tracker would not knock the price down at all!

I just want to know if a CD player was optional on this model and whether they are easy to come by as it currently only has a tape player. My aim is to keep the car as standard as possible but the lady at LV did say that most mods would not increase the insurance premium

Phill
Old 24 May 2004, 02:01 PM
IN THE STICKS
Scooby Regular

Location: I'm still around in deepest Essex, now with a Fiesta ST-2

If you've got the standard Subaru head unit , a 6 cd auto changer was an option when new , you may find someone on here who wants to sell their old changer second hand , but a better bet would be to replace the head unit with a better (the origional one doesn't sound that good) single CD one ,and save yourself the hastle of runnig a cable to the boot for the autochanger . I don't think you can fit a modern changer into the origional head unit as it was made by Phillips and they don't make car stuff anymore . Good luck and remember to wave to other Scoobies !!

Dave

Edited to say I changed my head unit for this http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/daytona.asp , plays mp3 discs etc for £139 all in took a few minutes to pull out old head unit , plug in wires to new one , slot new one in ...and off you go

Last edited by IN THE STICKS; 24 May 2004 at 02:19 PM.
Old 24 May 2004, 02:10 PM
Rathy
Scooby Newbie

Phil,

I bought a similar car to yourself, MK1 Scoob with no CD. The Scooby dealer was happy to install the single CD unit (VDO Dayton, Japanese brand of Philips I think) for £250.

Probably cheaper routes to getting it done, but a Scooby dealer should not have a problem with this request. I used Chandlers Subaru in Grantham, Lincolnshire if that's any help, but any dealer should be able to do this I would have thought.

Andrew.
Old 24 May 2004, 02:37 PM
Jay_bee
Scooby Regular

Location: Lancaster/Manchester or stuck in a traffic jam somewhere in between

Welcome to the club

I bought one similar in December, 28k on the clock, FSSH, totally standard. I was planning on keeping it standard...

...I now haved a 4" Scoobysport backbox, decat Magnex centre and a baileys evo VTA dumpvalve and theres a Scoobysport decat downpipe on its way.

If you do any mods, just keep all the standard parts then when you come to sell, you can easily take it back to standard spec and sell all the mod seperately.

Oh and I have a sony 6 cd autochanger located under the front passenger seat, so you dont need to have it in the boot

J

Happy drivin and dont forget the wave
Old 24 May 2004, 02:57 PM
BAH
Scooby Regular

I have a 6 disk changer for sale, and it lives under the passanger seat.
Old 24 May 2004, 03:07 PM
TheSilverScoob
Scooby Regular

Are the changers hard to fit under the seat?
If i decide to go for a new CD player i will shop around and get the fitting done by the supplier.

Phill