Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blew off my hose, ooer. Any damage ??

Search this Thread

Old 19 May 2004, 01:28 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Blew off my hose, ooer. Any damage ??

I was out for a drive yesterday and after a brief run down the Mway at below 80 barely on boost, I met a friend in his Evo and we proceeded to some country lanes for a little fun I had barely started to accelerate up a hill when suddenly all power goes, the car coughs and splutters, covering the following Evo in all sorts of sh!te from the exhaust and then the engine dies. On opening the bonnet we discovered that the Prodrive I/C pipe had blown its way off. We refitted it as best we could with the cr@ppy screwdriver in the Scoob toolkit and cautiously drove 20 miles to a nearby dealer who re-fitted it properly (thanks to Montys of Sheffield ).

Will this incident have caused any damaged ? The car ran fine for the rest of the day, but I did drive a little more reservedly with this hanging in the back of my mind.

03 WRX PPP by the way.
Old 19 May 2004, 01:40 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did this on my Integrale after it been laid up for the winter. It blew of the bottom hose to the intercooler. I asume no damage was caused and just re-fitted it.

I thought the engine had blown when it happened though Full boost, full chat and the loudest bang you have ever heard Turned out to just be the pipe but it was scarey