Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Visited the Dark Side Today (BRIEFLY, VERY BRIEFLY)

Search this Thread

Old 08 May 2004, 02:48 PM
Catherine
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Visited the Dark Side Today (BRIEFLY, VERY BRIEFLY)

We took our WRX for it's 1K service today and we were given a courtesy car and told to come back after 2 hours. So we took ourselves off to the Mitsubishi dealer just down the road. They had 2 Evo's outside (FQ300 & FQ330)

I am sure they are mind blowingly quick, but I have to say that they did absolutely nothing for me. 1 Car had a Ralliart Leather/Alcantara interior and looked tacky and the idea of the servicing every 4.5K miles is frightening. The best bit was that there we were looking at the Evo (Nothing else) and did any of the sales muppets come out to try and sell me car - NO. Were they busy - NO they were stood around watching the rain, we were the only customers.

Contrast that with our Subaru delaer (They have just won Subaru Dealer of the Year award). There was a steady stream of customers and 3 people were collecting new cars. To top it all, they couldn't supply me with a touch up paint I had ordered (IM are out of stock) so what did they do - They mixed me a pot in their bodyshop at no charge.

So when I swap my Focus, will I buy a 2nd Subaru? I think there is every possibility.

Last edited by Catherine; 08 May 2004 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08 May 2004, 03:11 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Catherine
Contrast that with our Subaru delaer (They have just won Subaru Dealer of the Year award). There was a steady stream of customers and 3 people were collecting new cars. To top it all, they couldn't supply me with a touch up paint I had ordered (IM are out of stock) so what did they do - They mixed me a pot in their bodyshop at no charge.

So when I swap my Focus, will I buy a 2nd Subaru? I think there is every possibility.
Reminds me of the good old days of Listers Which dealer is yours ??

Listers(Worcs) lost/gave up the Subaru selling Francise 6month's ago I went to the "New" Subaru Francise 3 miles down the road. With my Mate (both MY02StiPPP's) Subaru coats on (sad I know) we had a simular response as your Mitzy garage Totally ignored I still go to Listers

Tony
Old 08 May 2004, 03:13 PM
sti555
Scooby Regular

I went into my local Mitzi dealers yesterday seemed helpfull enough

As with any dealership you get good and bad
Old 08 May 2004, 03:48 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

True

However if you mean the Ciren dealer they are usually very helpful but I have notced they wait for you to approach them first. That's the way I like it anyway as I don't want some salesman in my face while I'm browsing.

Oh and tacky!! each to their own but I think the leather fq's are class. Much better seats than the subaru ones.

edited to say:
I find the subaru sti seats have no support in the lower back area (before anyone asks me to explain the comment ).

Last edited by MattW; 08 May 2004 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08 May 2004, 03:54 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Didn't think much to the Evo IV interior, but the Evo VI in my opinion surpassed the equivalent Scooby of that MY. Just a more solid feeling to teh whole cabin and seats.

Haven't been in a Evo VIII yet but I'm tempted...
Old 08 May 2004, 03:54 PM
peachy wrx
Scooby Regular

not sure about the new evo's but when i see an evo 6 it make's me feel sick....with envy i think
Old 08 May 2004, 07:50 PM
Catherine
Scooby Regular

Tony,

The dealer is TH White in Cirencester, strictly speaking they are not my local dealer, there is one in Swindon and Bristol, probably are all similar in distance, just in different directions .

I had not preference originally for buying from them, I just noticed an awful lot of cars with their sticker in the back window when I was in Gloucestershire one day, so we decided to give them ago.
Old 08 May 2004, 07:56 PM
Catherine
Scooby Regular

Yes I suppose it is all personal opinion at the end of the day
Old 08 May 2004, 10:28 PM
gnome
Scooby Regular

I have brought 3 Subarus from Bristol and i have to say they have been very good untill i ordered a wr1 but got no help from them after my order about seeing one in the flesh after i now they had 2 in or any information about them. After i saw one on the road i cancelled straight away, my wife did not like it aswell. I then went to a mits dealer in ciren and i agree they were crap, no phone call back then i went again and they told me, i quote, my st18 ppp was common and they could only offer me £14,000 or the best thing to do was to take it to the auctions quess what i said. Now the dealers in Bristol and Cam near Dursley were totaly different £21,000 straight away good terms and placed order today from dealer in Cam for mr 340. As for the car i love performance cars i have had 1600 GT Cortinas, 3000 Capris, RS2000, RS TURBOS, WRXs and now a st18 ppp with now complaints a tall, never drove anything like it, but that 330 i drove is a class of its own but that is just my opinion. I have also drove mercs, porshes, cosworths but never a vauxhall.
Old 08 May 2004, 10:42 PM
gridgway
Scooby Regular

I went to Kingswood Mitsu today just out of interest, inspired by the drive of the new FQ260 written up in Evo Mag. They were exceptionally friendly and accomodating. Didn't get time for a drive, but will go back and do so. There's no UK spec Subaru I want to replace my P1 hence the visit.

I wasn't that inspired by the look and feel of the car, but I guess a drive is needed.

Graham
Old 09 May 2004, 12:03 AM
Aly Mac
Scooby Regular

my mate just collected his evo 7 fq300 yesterday after owning a mint silver classic wrx, i got a look at it lastnight and i think it looks mean and moody, was never really a fan before but after seeing this it changed my opinion, they look so much better in the flesh, i have a 04 sti uk and where we live you will see one or two of these but you dont see that many of the younger evo`s so i guess you get a bit of individuality with them, but it still wouldn`t make me change my scoob for one!!
Old 09 May 2004, 01:55 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gnome
I have brought 3 Subarus from Bristol and i have to say they have been very good untill i ordered a wr1 but got no help from them after my order about seeing one in the flesh after i now they had 2 in or any information about them. After i saw one on the road i cancelled straight away, my wife did not like it aswell. I then went to a mits dealer in ciren and i agree they were crap, no phone call back then i went again and they told me, i quote, my st18 ppp was common and they could only offer me £14,000 or the best thing to do was to take it to the auctions quess what i said. Now the dealers in Bristol and Cam near Dursley were totaly different £21,000 straight away good terms and placed order today from dealer in Cam for mr 340. As for the car i love performance cars i have had 1600 GT Cortinas, 3000 Capris, RS2000, RS TURBOS, WRXs and now a st18 ppp with now complaints a tall, never drove anything like it, but that 330 i drove is a class of its own but that is just my opinion. I have also drove mercs, porshes, cosworths but never a vauxhall.
Bought my fq330 from Cam
Old 09 May 2004, 07:49 PM
gnome
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattW
Bought my fq330 from Cam
Did you buy that red one a couple of weeks ago ? because thats the one i went to see and was gone by the time i got there.
Old 09 May 2004, 09:06 PM
deano
Scooby Regular

The evo is a man's car. You didn't expect the salesman to take you seriously did you?
Old 09 May 2004, 09:08 PM
Autocar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by deano
The evo is a man's car. You didn't expect the salesman to take you seriously did you?
Old 09 May 2004, 10:24 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gnome
Did you buy that red one a couple of weeks ago ? because thats the one i went to see and was gone by the time i got there.
Yes, I take it you were taking the yellow one out on the saturday? I had that one overnight on the Friday.
Old 10 May 2004, 07:33 AM
ProdriveSTI
Scooby Regular

Location: My Beautiful STi is now sold, tho on the look out for another MINT scoob.
Default Visit to the Dark Side

I too like some Scooby folks on here went to vist the dark side this weekend, They had an EVO 260 in the showroom & was told that this is approx. "276bhp" not 260 as stated.
I am in two minds weather to change to this car? Looks gorgeous, (tho I don’t like the smaller spoiler). & performance will be prob be more that my Sti
I have a prodrive style STi?

Any views?
Old 10 May 2004, 08:58 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Looky here
Old 10 May 2004, 08:59 PM
Catherine
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Autocar
LOL

So does that make the WRX a girls car, as I own one of those?
Old 10 May 2004, 09:20 PM
Jasoon
Scooby Regular

Is the touch up for the mirror Catherine?

What happend about the Window?

When I went to my local Mitsubishi dealer (not a Ralyart dealer) to have a look at a used EVO there was no one there and I mean no one ,no salesman ,mechanics etc the car was sitting there in the show room with the keys in ,I waited about 5 minutes and thought sod this...and went

as for EVO's being mans cars there's a couple of woman where I live that have them and one of them cant half drive....
Old 11 May 2004, 08:16 PM
Catherine
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jasoon
Is the touch up for the mirror Catherine?

What happend about the Window?

When I went to my local Mitsubishi dealer (not a Ralyart dealer) to have a look at a used EVO there was no one there and I mean no one ,no salesman ,mechanics etc the car was sitting there in the show room with the keys in ,I waited about 5 minutes and thought sod this...and went

as for EVO's being mans cars there's a couple of woman where I live that have them and one of them cant half drive....

Yes the touch up is for the mirror, I have used it all ready, but I want to add a couple of extra layers on and then polish it so get the 3 marks to be as hidden as possible. The first layer has made a real difference.

Window is sorted, the dealer is ordering a new one and when it is ready they will sort out the wheel at the same time. The ring that goes around the gear leaver looks really good - have you had one fitted?
Old 11 May 2004, 08:21 PM
Catherine
Scooby Regular

Jasoon, you have PM
Old 11 May 2004, 09:08 PM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

Location: ShyTot graphics Location: Squires Bar Location: Wakecastlefract

Jasoon, you don't live in Yorkshire, do you? 'Cos that sounds just like my local dealer..... and my missus's driving (when I'm not in the car)
Old 11 May 2004, 09:15 PM
Matt Churchill
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattW
Bought my fq330 from Cam
Small world, bought my FQ300 at Millwood last year. Went from a UK99 to an Evo, and don't regret it at all, 4500 service or not.

My FQ's yellow, with the leather option - best colour, and should be on a stand at Japfest, if you're pasing stop by.
Old 11 May 2004, 11:40 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Matt

Will give you a wave if i see you!!
Old 12 May 2004, 12:18 AM
prouty1978
Scooby Regular

hay all u with these EVO crap when my WR1 arrives would you like to play

LOL
Old 12 May 2004, 07:05 AM
Matt Churchill
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by prouty1978
hay all u with these EVO crap when my WR1 arrives would you like to play

Be careful what you wish for
Old 12 May 2004, 12:55 PM
celticpilgrim
Scooby Regular

Deano....

It is a man's car..........Bloody hilarious that one!! I must tell Catherine that after I have driven it home from work. LOL!!!

Careful, Deano, you're in severe danger of looking like an ****...oops, too late!!
Old 12 May 2004, 04:38 PM
nellie
Scooby Regular

Mr Prouty or whatever,a EVO VIII FQ300 is more than a match for a WR1,so what on earth a MR340 will do to it,well,neednt say anymore really!!
Old 12 May 2004, 04:39 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Talking

lol@prouty1978,

As matt C states be careful wot you wish mate. My Evo will pi$$ on a wr1 lol

Quick Reply: Visited the Dark Side Today (BRIEFLY, VERY BRIEFLY)