WR1 Order to Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2004, 04:46 PM
RobinSherwood
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation WR1 Order to Delivery

Hi Guys,

This is intended as a constructive post as I know some other people have been waiting a long time to get a delivery date for their WR1 and thought this may be useful ammunition when you speak to your dealer or IM.

I ordered my car on April 17th and had a call from the dealer today saying they will be ready to register the car etc.,.. by the end of next week (ie approx 14th May) in order for the car to be finished by Prodrive, with delivery as usual a week to ten days after that.

My car is the third of their three car allocation and I did check, no one in front of me has cancelled - they have been told to expect all three cars within days of each other.

The irony is I was told it would be July delivery which actually suited me better as it gave me time to sell my existing Scoob and one other car, now I have to find the money and be stuck with 6 cars until I can sell the other 2
Pretty daft situation when some other people are desperate to get their hands on their car. Sod's law I guess?

Anyway hope this enables those still waiting for news to put a bomb under their dealer.

Kind regards

Robin
Old 07 May 2004, 07:04 PM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Good luck to you.Just shows how bad Subaru are at organising .Ordered mine 26th April told to expect it possibly in early May,although mine was a cancelled order I beleive.This sounds like I struck it lucky hopefully,but I went through similar probs as some of the other wr1 expectees five years ago when I had an rb5 on order.It seems they just land like spacecrafts at the dealers and they all stand back and say "ONE HAS LANDED ,NOW WHO SHOULD WE GIVE THIS ONE TO"

Feckin great cars tho so who cares eh?
Old 07 May 2004, 08:36 PM
subaru-impreza.org
Scooby Regular

Well all ican say is good luck and hope you enjoy your new WR1

Gareth
***url removed ***

Please note signatures are not allowed

Last edited by Redkop; 07 May 2004 at 08:38 PM.
Old 07 May 2004, 09:08 PM
achad
Scooby Regular

Robin
Im sure no one would could take any animosity towards your post, I'd hope not anywayz. It does add some weight to the methods or is that lack of methods IM are taking. By all accounts this seems to be a regular occurrence with the distribution of special editions. If you know of these methods from previous experiences then I suppose you don't have too much to be aggrieved with as it is your choice to purchase the car knowing what the distribution is like. If not then you live and you learn. Although, how a company can not learn from its mistakes and still be in business is amazing. Or, is it even more amazing how us as consumers keep coming back??

Anywayz m8 good luck on the selling of the other cars and enjoy
Old 07 May 2004, 09:11 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered mine on 6/4 & have an eta at the dealer of 28/5. My dealer is new & they have sold 2. The 1st to themselves as a demo car & the 2nd to me. The only officially placed both the orders to Subaru early April. They called me today, it seems that Subaru have insisted that they will deliver my car before the dealer demo as they want customers to get their cars first.
Old 07 May 2004, 09:16 PM
subaru-impreza.org
Scooby Regular

Would just like to add to this. I just ordered a new wrx and i'll be waiting until early june for that! so maybe this is a subaru issue in general long wait... But im sure it will be worth it
Old 07 May 2004, 10:29 PM
SIBBO
Scooby Regular

Question

I odered my WR1 in early Feb it was reg on 29/04/04 and today I have recieved my pack with the tax disc holder, service book and silver key ring who nows i my get my car soon, my dealer has not got any idea

Trending Topics

Old 07 May 2004, 10:32 PM
subaruwr1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nick
I ordered mine on 6/4 & have an eta at the dealer of 28/5. My dealer is new & they have sold 2. The 1st to themselves as a demo car & the 2nd to me. The only officially placed both the orders to Subaru early April. They called me today, it seems that Subaru have insisted that they will deliver my car before the dealer demo as they want customers to get their cars first.

Can anyone explain what the point of delivering a demo is??
Surely all/nearly all WR1's have a pre ordered home and therefore someone will drive the demo want to order and then get told sorry IM have no more to sell.....what is the point in that!
Old 07 May 2004, 10:40 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by subaruwr1
Can anyone explain what the point of delivering a demo is??
Surely all/nearly all WR1's have a pre ordered home and therefore someone will drive the demo want to order and then get told sorry IM have no more to sell.....what is the point in that!
Covered in a previous thread. They are a new dealer & good a very good deal for buying an extra demo car.
Old 07 May 2004, 11:06 PM
bigknd
Scooby Regular

Don't know if any of you lads that have ordered a WR1 managed to get any discount but Car Select are doing the WR1 on the road for £29110 a saving of £871. Not much of a discount but I suppose better than none

Clicky

bigknd
Old 07 May 2004, 11:55 PM
WR1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bigknd
Don't know if any of you lads that have ordered a WR1 managed to get any discount but Car Select are doing the WR1 on the road for £29110 a saving of £871. Not much of a discount but I suppose better than none

Clicky

bigknd
There have been numerous threads on these offers and none of the places advertising the cars have been able to confirm they can supply. Indeed, given that IM are only releasing the cars to UK dealers I cannot see how they would be able to do this. There have been several places offering the Solberg edition versions though at much cheaper prices though these don't have all the prodrive stuff of course.
Old 08 May 2004, 08:49 AM
bigknd
Scooby Regular

WR1

Yes m8 been following these threads but this one is actually through Lloydstsb so would have thought to be pukka, I know when I ordered my WRX dealers were giving nothing away on the WR1 although I got a healthy 9% discount & free servicing for 3 years so quite happy. Seen the Solberg edition in Bristol, as you say comes with the standard STI wheels & no Prodrive bits, has got the DCCD though and on sale for £22K in Ice Blue which looks good btw

bigknd