Notices
ScoobyNet General General Subaru Discussion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WR1 Payment and number today..what next?

Search this Thread

Old 05 May 2004, 06:46 PM
subaruwr1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WR1 Payment and number today..what next?

Spoke to my dealer today and got given my number for my WR1..Sorted payment out so they can register car.What should I expect next and how long? Dealer just said he will contact me soon.
thanks in advance for answers..
cheers
Ian
Old 05 May 2004, 07:25 PM
subaruwr1
Scooby Regular

c'mon all you already WR1 owners please tell me whats next...I am too excited to just wait and see
Old 05 May 2004, 07:42 PM
BigWig
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by subaruwr1
c'mon all you already WR1 owners please tell me whats next...I am too excited to just wait and see

Having just received the same last week, my understanding is...You get sent a pack with the road tax holder and other stuff in it (which I forget as mine hasn't turned up yet). Within 10 days after reg the car is supposed to be delivered to the dealer, having had the post reg remap of the ecu. I don't think there is much else the dealer has to do.

So not long now. Your wait is almost over! Best of luck with the motor!

BigWig.
Old 05 May 2004, 09:17 PM
WR1 Ant
Scooby Regular

mine payed for and regestered 26th april have had pack from subaru etc phoned dealer today he phoned IM still no news of when its comeing!!!!!
Old 05 May 2004, 09:26 PM
subaruwr1
Scooby Regular

so we are all nearly there...........yipeeeeeeeeeee

what numbers did you get?
How have IM worked out the number allocation?
Old 05 May 2004, 09:28 PM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

You're in exactly the same boat as me then Ant ... sorted the insurance and money on 26th too - still no pack!!! I'm calling IM tomorrow personally to get the full picture - I don't believe I should be waiting like this seeing as I ordered at the beginning of Jan!!
Old 05 May 2004, 10:45 PM
WR1 Ant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gangsta Smurf
You're in exactly the same boat as me then Ant ... sorted the insurance and money on 26th too - still no pack!!! I'm calling IM tomorrow personally to get the full picture - I don't believe I should be waiting like this seeing as I ordered at the beginning of Jan!!
Pack from subaru and reg doc from dvla arrived 3 days after payment subaru assist letter and card arrived yesterday also the subaru assist and warranty runs from when the car is regestered which i don't think is fair it should be 3 years from the day you collect the car!!!!!

ps got car no 92 and ordered mine on 22 dec !!!!!!

Last edited by WR1 Ant; 05 May 2004 at 10:55 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 06 May 2004, 01:00 AM
WR1
Scooby Regular

Got my call from my dealer at last so now sorting insurance cover note and going in on Saturday to sort payment/trade in. Dealer doesn't know what car number I'm getting, should he not know this if the car is on it's way?

One annoying thing, my insurance has increased since I last got a quote almost two months ago. It's now £180 more than I was quoted previously and they won't honour my original quote as it's over 30 days ago and no longer logged on their system Oh well, having waited this long I'm not gonna let one blip spoil things

Not long now then...

Hopefully
Old 06 May 2004, 07:41 AM
subaruwr1
Scooby Regular

has anyone any idea how the number allocation was worked out?
Old 06 May 2004, 08:43 AM
LiamWR1
Scooby Regular

I understand it to be completely random
Old 06 May 2004, 10:15 AM
WR1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by subaruwr1
has anyone any idea how the number allocation was worked out?
I believe they put all the orders into date order and then, in absolute strict order and under ISO guidelines...

completely issued the numbers at random!

(though I've been wrong before!)
Old 06 May 2004, 11:15 AM
wr1_mark
Scooby Newbie

Should only be a few weeks, collected mine on 1 May, I can tell you its well worth the wait!!!

Last edited by wr1_mark; 06 May 2004 at 11:25 AM.
Old 06 May 2004, 11:21 AM
WR1 Ant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WR1
I believe they put all the orders into date order and then, in absolute strict order and under ISO guidelines...

completely issued the numbers at random!

(though I've been wrong before!)
Don't think so as I ordered mine on 22nd Dec and some people that ordered in Feb/March already have got theres some 2 or 3 weeks ago.
Old 06 May 2004, 11:30 AM
wr1_mark
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by WR1 Ant
Don't think so as I ordered mine on 22nd Dec and some people that ordered in Feb/March already have got theres some 2 or 3 weeks ago.

I ordered mine on Jan 13 and as I said colleceted May 1st, I should think that your getting very frustrated, god know what the situation is!!!
Old 06 May 2004, 02:29 PM
achad
Scooby Regular

I just phoned IM to inquire the status of my order (placed around Jan 20th). I received the reg last week but still no news on the readiness. The lady at IM said it usually takes 14 days after the car has been reg, taxed ect for the PPP to be added. And then for it to be transported to your dealer is anyones guess i suppose.
Don't take this as gospel, its just what I've been told (he says taking cover just incase someone else has been told something else).

Off topic slightly but as most of this threads readers will be WR1 owners or owners to be I sure you will not mind. Any more pictures or comments on the car? Its like being an addict here, lapping up every WR1 scrap of info LOL. Sad I know
Old 06 May 2004, 04:01 PM
WR1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WR1 Ant
Ha Ha, I'm crap at sarcasm on message boards m8. My message was meant in jest...

Old 06 May 2004, 05:38 PM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

Only ordered mine on 26 th April.Told I should have it by middle of May.It is a cancelled order.If it arrives before you all get yours I promise I wont drive it!!!!!!!!! Ahem!!
Old 06 May 2004, 06:49 PM
Kdp
Scooby Newbie

Just came home to find my Regestration doc put me in a good mood till I opened the next letter with a congestion charge fine!!!!!!

Car must not be far away now.
Old 06 May 2004, 08:10 PM
achad
Scooby Regular

Car all payed up as of today
Build number 54
Arrives early next week
Old 06 May 2004, 11:24 PM
WR1 Ant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by achad
Build number 54
Arrives early next week
Bet it dont I payed for mine on april 26th and havent got a delivery date yet nor can they give me one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07 May 2004, 06:56 AM
Ice Man - WR1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by achad
Build number 54
Arrives early next week
My car registered on 25th April (car number 116) apparently was at Prodrive yesterday but I still have no delivery date.
Old 07 May 2004, 07:48 AM
subaruwr1
Scooby Regular

I was told that car should arrive about 2 weeks after payment and reg of car...I got No 130 by the way.
Old 07 May 2004, 07:56 AM
njkmr
Scooby Regular

What a commotion this is.I had similar shinanagins when waiting fof my Rb5 to arrive 5 years ago,dealer not knowing when it would arrive etc.Have they still not learned it is our money they are taking.Just give us a date and thats it.Easy INNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07 May 2004, 10:47 AM
achad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ice Man - WR1
My car registered on 25th April (car number 116) apparently was at Prodrive yesterday but I still have no delivery date.
What number are you on your dealers list? Has your dealership had any through yet? I'm apparently the 1st on my dealers list and they are still to received their 1st car. When I challenged them as to why they are yet to receive their 1st car, when other dealerships are onto no. 2, and by the time i would be getting mine on no. 3 they must of phoned IM and put it to them. 2 weeks ago (ish) now I was phoned up by my dealer and was asked for payment and insurance and told the conciment date was Today! but due to work I could not get my insurance to them till Tue. and in to pay them till yesterday and so I'm assuming I missed my conciment date (no s*1t sherlock I hear every1 saying). And as thus have not heard anything else until yesterday. I didn't go into this on my last thread as I couldn't be a**ed as I new I missed my date and thus didn't actually know the readiness of my car (No.54, did I mention that already? )).
All I've been told is 'early next week sir'. Apparently IM will not give a precise date even this close to delivery!
Im not blaming my dealer for any mash mash proceedings as Im sure they are as bewildered as we are i.e. method of allocation ect. All this cloak and dagger stuff must and is getting tiresome. As I have said b4, I don't mind waiting if there is a logical method to it, but there seems to be an awful lot of luck/ politics involved imho.
Old 07 May 2004, 11:30 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jesus Guys,

Whats all the fuss about, isn't the little delay saving you some petrol money

Plus, could be I'm making this up, but didn't I read somewhere recently that IM were saying that all the WR1's were expected to be delivered by end of June?

Shaun
Old 07 May 2004, 11:54 AM
P1_BEN
Scooby Regular

fao achad....

http://homepage.mac.com/ben.chapman/WR1/Menu5.html

If anyone wants there own page on the site send me your pics.. no more than about 9 for each page at the moment though please... and i'll create a link with your username to the pics of your wr1
Old 07 May 2004, 01:27 PM
achad
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by P1_BEN
fao achad....

http://homepage.mac.com/ben.chapman/WR1/Menu5.html

If anyone wants there own page on the site send me your pics.. no more than about 9 for each page at the moment though please... and i'll create a link with your username to the pics of your wr1
I've been checking out your site regularly cheers m8. It's been a life savour with the addict type symptoms I've seem to be having

Also, nice to see another .mac subscriber
Old 07 May 2004, 01:39 PM
P1_BEN
Scooby Regular

Excellent.... I've not updated it for a while... I guess I could put some clips from the reviews when I get round to it...

Wouldn't do without my MAC...

I know how you feel, down to the dealers tomorrow to pay and give the insurance docs for me... At least it can't be long now...!!!