paying for a WRX / STi etc

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2004, 06:39 AM
markus_UK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default paying for a WRX / STi etc

Good morning all

Still have not bought that WRX / PPP / Sti etc ... but still thinking about it (much of the time). I guess this question is a bit personal - but I'm not after any actual figures (unless you want to give them )..

I'm married with one new baby. I live in a reasonable small 3-bed detached house in a reasonable area in the south. I have a resonable job (greater than average per year but no millionaire !). We have a large mortgage - but perhaps no bigger than the average nowadays. Little in the way of overdrafts or other debts. We have a 'healthy' amount of savings - but not enough to blow them all on a car

My job has never come with a company car and i'm not sure they are even worth it now adays ...

I also do some consultancy work (have my own company) - but this is currently part-time and really only pays pocket money (although I have thought about putting a car on this company)...

The question is this - how do you lot buy these wonderful cars ?

The new WR1 - you all paid for in cash? - or have you got loans ?

For most of you - do you rely on ballon payments on loans ?

For those that have loans, how do you get away with mods ??

Ok, a WRX is not a BMW or Audi (which would cost more). But for a new one (before mods etc) you are looking at around 20K (23 of the sti). In my book thats still loads of money for a car. I just do not know how anyone does it ?!

I can have a WRX (new) for around £4500 deposit and £300 a month. I can mangage this. But, is this what other people do?

Your comments welcome !

thanks

MArk
Old 02 May 2004, 07:45 AM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Watch - the fast and the furious DVD. Plus how many subarus are stolen for bank jobs/heists.

Not hard now to see where the money comes from.