Sponsored by:

WR1 - Did the P1, RB5 etc get moaned about like this

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2004, 03:35 PM
WR1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry WR1 - Did the P1, RB5 etc get moaned about like this

There seems to be some people on this forum who take pride in putting down the WR1 every chance they get. Did the P1 or RB5 owners go through a similar phase? Did people call them names or accuse them of having a low IQ purely because of their choice of new car.

Surely people join this forum for two things, the love of cars and the chance to act a muppet on occasions

Is it just me or do other people feel that there is a certain vindicitive element creeping onto the boards these days. Things don't seem to be as light hearted as they used to be.

Perhaps it's just me, all this waiting for my new motor is sending me a little crazy
Old 27 April 2004, 03:37 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Talking

With the P1 yes, also for the RB5, as basically they were buying a uk std impreza with poor paint ( I know i had the colour on an sti)
Old 27 April 2004, 03:41 PM
little_idiot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WR1
There seems to be some people on this forum who take pride in putting down the WR1 every chance they get. Did the P1 or RB5 owners go through a similar phase? Did people call them names or accuse them of having a low IQ purely because of their choice of new car.

Surely people join this forum for two things, the love of cars and the chance to act a muppet on occasions

Is it just me or do other people feel that there is a certain vindicitive element creeping onto the boards these days. Things don't seem to be as light hearted as they used to be.

Perhaps it's just me, all this waiting for my new motor is sending me a little crazy
I wish I was waiting for delivery of a WR1, I think it looks awesome and it doesn't seem that you can go wrong with the limited editions, they are always wanted by people

James
Old 27 April 2004, 03:41 PM
WR1 Bro
Scooby Regular

It is only human instinct and the green eyed monster coming to show his ugly head. So long as you enjoy then does it matter what others say.
Old 27 April 2004, 03:44 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Wink

No green eyed monster here. If I wanted a WR1 I'd go out and order one.
Old 27 April 2004, 03:44 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

I also love the look of the WR1 but have no hope in hell of affording Lucky barsts @ those that did!
Old 27 April 2004, 03:47 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

In fact the only Uk special edition that didn't get moaned about as I recall was the 22buk.
Old 27 April 2004, 03:48 PM
Brian the Sn@il
Scooby Senior

Its how the world is WR1
Old 27 April 2004, 03:51 PM
Tchort
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
With the P1 yes, also for the RB5, as basically they were buying a uk std impreza with poor paint ( I know i had the colour on an sti)

never heard that the rb5 had poor paint, also not to sure the P1 was a std impreza as it only has 2 doors, rear wiper + other bits i cant be bothered to list.

I suppose it all depends on what you definition of "basically" is.
Old 27 April 2004, 03:54 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tchort
never heard that the rb5 had poor paint, also not to sure the P1 was a std impreza as it only has 2 doors, rear wiper + other bits i cant be bothered to list.

I suppose it all depends on what you definition of "basically" is.
To make it a little clearer. RB5 basically a standard UK car with a poor colour.

P1 'extras' you list are quite superficial when compared to the bits you can't be bothered to list
Old 27 April 2004, 03:57 PM
WR1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brian the Sn@il
Its how the world is WR1
Hmmm, I know but I still think it sucks.

There have been a few posts that have bordered on the downright offensive (I'm not referring to posts by Brian here, before anyone reads something into this post that wasn't intended ) and I just don't think there's any need for that.

After all, each person buys the car that is right for them and not on the basis of what someone else thinks they should buy.

I have no problem with criticism or praise about any motor but when people start calling others thick for buying a special edition then that just sucks big time
Old 27 April 2004, 03:58 PM
WR1
Scooby Regular

In fact the only Uk special edition that didn't get moaned about as I recall was the 22buk.
You mean people didn't moan about the price or the fact that it was only available in one colour, or am I wrong here...
Old 27 April 2004, 04:01 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Cool

Course they moaned at the price, I didn't, I got a nice discount No moaning about the colour, who doesn't like sonic blue? If on about the P1. the 22b, no moans at all as far as i know lol
Old 27 April 2004, 04:02 PM
WR1
Scooby Regular

RB5 basically a standard UK car with a poor colour.
Oh God! What have I done!

I do remember the moaning about the RB5 colour now, sorry RB5 owners, I didn't mean to dredge up the past...
Old 27 April 2004, 04:02 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

I must admit the colour has grown on me a bit.....Im not sure about the max power front end but there speaks a man with a roof vent, so what the hell do i know

At the end of the day its another scoob for us all to peer into at the next show aint it?
Old 27 April 2004, 04:03 PM
WR1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
At the end of the day its another scoob for us all to peer into at the next show aint it?
The voice of reason, well said!
Old 27 April 2004, 04:05 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Talking

Loads of typos on here

"At the end of the day its another scoob for us all to pee into at the next show aint it?"
Old 27 April 2004, 04:06 PM
Clive the Brave
Scooby Regular

There's nothing like gettin on your soap box.
I can remember doing this for the M3, a very nice car but it's the type of people that drive BMW's. But we are all scooby lovers here.

It could be that we (WR1 owners) are getting a better deal, what with the prices coming down. Look at the price for the P1 was, would I, would I hell, but that does not mean it's no lesser a car because I would not get one..
Is it because they would love one and to show their love/hate............. just like when you try and get in to a panties that belong to a top dolly, once turned down you get all abusive, aggressive because you can't have.

I don't knowwhy peeps feel they have to bitch about another scooby driver and his car, I might as well have ordered a Audi TT and I could then be a complete plonker.

But :>) I have to wait till 29th April, Thursday when she gets delivered. :>)

Thats my pennies worth
Old 27 April 2004, 04:06 PM
Tchort
Scooby Regular

To make it a little clearer. RB5 basically a standard UK car with a poor colour.

P1 'extras' you list are quite superficial when compared to the bits you can't be bothered to list

yeah sorry about that but i got bored half way through typing.
Old 27 April 2004, 04:36 PM
Jools
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up Chin Up

I’m on my third Scoob, the latest one being a MY02 Prodrive Sti. I remember going through the same waiting that you WR1 guys are going through and could hardly contain my excitement, but I learned pretty quick it would soon be dampened when I visited SN to discuss any topic at all about my new car. Like you guys I ordered mine on spec months in advance.

I also remember the P1 getting the back ripped out of it too as it was so expensive compared the normal turbo at that time, so don’t be despondent with all the negative hype. I’m sure Prodrive and Subaru are building a damn fine car for 500 hard working people that will be lucky enough to get one. The real die hards amongst us will always want more than Subaru will give, or even can give in most cases, but they are not making individual cars for individual people. When the previous cars that you mention came out they were on a pedestal on their own at the respective times. RB5 with PPP and the P1 were in a class of their own. Significantly different than “most” other Scooby’s at that time, where as now the WR1 is not going to be on that pedestal on it’s own. It has the likes of PPP Sti’s to content with, the Spec C, the Type 25, not forgetting all the other import models that are on the go now a days. Best I can see and read it is not going to be significantly quicker or better than that lot, so people start picking holes in it.

Consider the P1 when it arrived; with out doubt one of the best point to point cars you could have and almost in a league all of it’s own (and still is one the best out the box point to point cars you can drive on UK based roads IHMO). Not too many type R’s over here to trouble it either at that time. What I am sayings is I don’t think you will have an exclusive car when it comes to performance, bit it will be exclusive in all other area’s. I have spent over 11 K on my car to make it go like it does, handle like it does and look like it does…. other wise I would be having a WR1 too.

Most folk if honest will admire the WR1 made available by Prodrive and Subaru, but right now they (as said above already) will be a bit funny about the whole thing; especially if they are not one for the 500 mentioned. Wish it was different, but it’s not I’m afraid, so chin up and look forward.

“The days to do are getting few”. You’ll soon have the new motor

Last edited by Jools; 27 April 2004 at 04:40 PM.
Old 27 April 2004, 04:46 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

I'm sorry m8 but we are all individuals here and have an opinion. If someone doesn't want one he has his own reasons(like I have mine) and I would expect you to respect their decision not to buy one in the same way others respect your purchase.

There is no way any car is going to be loved by all, just look at the bugeye when it came out.

As for name calling, if it's the thread I think you're on about, the individual in question was more than likely on a wind up and you all fell for it.
Old 27 April 2004, 05:06 PM
WR1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattW
I'm sorry m8 but we are all individuals here and have an opinion. If someone doesn't want one he has his own reasons(like I have mine) and I would expect you to respect their decision not to buy one in the same way others respect your purchase.
Exactly!! Just what I was saying in a roundabout way...
Old 27 April 2004, 05:36 PM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

WR1's aside , there are a lot less characters on here now so you tend to notice any unreasonable comments more and they also get into more threads as the 'flame war' ones are few and far between. The mood you are in each day also affects the way you view posts, I've been ill & at wo*k for 4/6last days, really makes being fun difficult sometimes and you can over react, esp when its something personal to you such as your new motor....... at the end of the day take the good and ignore the bad!! Good luck with the new scoob, dont own one but WR1 looks serious fun.
Old 27 April 2004, 06:22 PM
Chins
Scooby Regular

The one common denominator is the fact that IM supply them, and there are people on here that dont like them. Most of the time people are not using a reasonable argument.

Having had the delights of owning a Terzo, RB5, P1, STI UK in the past has led to great debates on here - still think the RB5 is the best colour out.

I have owned a grey import, but wouldnt go back. Dont understand why people buy the Type 25 - shed loads of money for a back street tuner special - IMHO its value will sink faster than the Titanic, but you know that SN has a base of people that would defend their position when buying one.

I love nearly everything about the WR1 - great price and spec. Only downside for me is the gay colour. What you do know is that as the Impreza develops we will see a better one next year no doubt - maybe I'll wait for it.

Hope everyone enjoys their WR1's and dont let the Anti IM brigade get to you.

Jonathan
Old 27 April 2004, 06:24 PM
C
Scooby Regular

Maybe it's something to do with the Evo article?

Some of the WR1 owners clearly couldnt accept that the WR1 was soundly beaten by other cars. Yes they wern't UK cars - but they were better, just accept it.

On a more general note (but still linked remotely) I've seen some incrediable claims by members of this BBS, 'toasting' 911 turbo's, 550 Maranello's etc in UK Impreza's.

You are the first to jump down a Saxo owners throat (for example) if they pushed a Scoob hard, but wow that same Scoob gave the 911 a run for its money in a straight line...

People get more defensive about thier cars than they do thier wives around here
Old 27 April 2004, 07:17 PM
subaruwr1
Scooby Regular

No green eyed monster here. If I wanted a WR1 I'd go out and order one.
funny that.It seems to me that every WR1 thread I read you are there putting it down in some way...mockery is the best form of flattery so they say.
Dont want an arguement just posting my observations
cheers

Ian
Old 27 April 2004, 08:05 PM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

At the end of the day why worry what anyone one else thinks or says about the car.
I bought my car (not wr1 )because i wanted to not because some muppet on here told me to
Personal choice
Old 27 April 2004, 08:18 PM
chrisp
Scooby Regular

wr1 owners getting upset you should try owning a grey import classic, quotes like :

"cant get the parts"
"they blow up"
"cant get insured"
"they are being stolen every 3 seconds"
"look old and dated"
"cant get them serviced"

Its water off a duck back and I just laughed now as it just shows naive, lack of knowledge and newbie comments

My advice enjoy your wr1 it will be a good car
Old 27 April 2004, 08:26 PM
BLACK V5
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chrisp
wr1 owners getting upset you should try owning a grey import classic, quotes like :

"cant get the parts"
"they blow up"
"cant get insured"
"they are being stolen every 3 seconds"
"look old and dated"
"cant get them serviced"

Its water off a duck back and I just laughed now as it just shows naive, lack of knowledge and newbie comments

My advice enjoy your wr1 it will be a good car

Yes but us people in the know. Know are jdm cars are far more superior to the uk one`s so we can take the negative comments. LOL
Old 27 April 2004, 08:27 PM
Fidd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by C

You are the first to jump down a Saxo owners throat (for example) if they pushed a Scoob hard, but wow that same Scoob gave the 911 a run for its money in a straight line...
Please share with us what type of Saxo would ever push a scoob

Quick Reply: WR1 - Did the P1, RB5 etc get moaned about like this