Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More annoying newbie questions ;)

Search this Thread

Old 26 April 2004, 01:25 PM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question More annoying newbie questions ;)

Hi guys,

got quite a few things i'm a bit unsure of, didnt want to do a post for each so here goes,

many of you recomend a 'knocklink' for seeing if you have det?
what are both of those and how much is a knocklink, easy to fit?

what are the ppp imprezas, thought i knew a bit about scoobs but dont know this one?

and when viewing other threads, it shows the last post first, anyway of changing that rather than working my way back each time?

is there another good alternitive to optimax as the nearest shell to me is about 20 miles....?

Sorry if i've bored you but thanks either way

Old 26 April 2004, 02:00 PM
New To Scoob
Scooby Regular

Hi Newbee,
I'll try and answer some of your Q's with my rather limited techy knowledge (compared to some of the people on here anyway)
KnockLink - a sensor that bolts to your engine block, generally placed on the nearside of the block under the I/C, you also get a black box with 5/6 LED's mounted on it, Green/Amber/Red, basically it detects the amount of knock happening and the LED's light up accordingly, the more the LED's the more knock and higher chance of internal damage. Price £120 - 150 ish as for fitting loads of people on here have fitted themselves without too many probs (never done one myself so can't comment on difficulty)
PPP - Prodrive Performance Pack, generally chip/exhaust (decat to an extent) an official mod that doesn't invalidate your warranty if you have one.
The way you see a post - pass not too good at this PC stuff
If you can't get Optimax, Super Unleaded most of the main petrol stations have it now, if you have an Import car often very wise to add some octane booster aswell.

John.
Old 26 April 2004, 02:06 PM
roguck
Scooby Regular

regarding post order, if you go to your "user cp" then select "edit option" from the menu on the left hand side of the screen, you will notice about 2/3rds of the way down the option to change the "thread display mode". In this option box select "linear -oldest first" to display the original message first or the other option to dispplay newest post first.

Richard
Old 26 April 2004, 02:06 PM
pbee
Scooby Regular

A knocklink as a led display connected to a sensor mounted onto the engine it detects noise from the engine internals. And if you were good at monitoring it you could prevent serious engine damage if there was something wrong with your car. These would go hand in hand with a seriously modified car (unless you have a model year with a known issue or run a jap import). if you have a uk car and are thinking about adding PPP, you probably wouldnt need a knocklink.

PPP is the prodrive performance pack, these vary from model year to model year what is actually included, it is basically a upgrade pack supplied to subaru uk delears by prodrive. Normal they consist of a exhaust ecu remap and some other piping.

If you have a car newer than 3 years the PPP will up the performance of your car without sacrificing the warranty. If your car is older you may as well look at the other exhaust and ECUTEk remaps available. as you get more for your money.

cheers

Peter
Old 26 April 2004, 02:20 PM
FLAT ERIC
Scooby Regular

Location: You only live ONCE But if you do it right >>>>> ONCE is enough
Smile

Edit : As per Richard above Late post cos i'm doing two things at once.Video editing & surfing SN at the same time.

Originally Posted by wez_sti
and when viewing other threads, it shows the last post first, anyway of changing that rather than working my way back each time?
Click on "User CP" top left of this page.

Click "Edit Options" in Settings & Options in left hand column.

Scroll down to "Thread Display Options" & go to "Thread Display Mode" & select "Oldest first" from drop down menu.

Scroll to bottom of page & click on "Save changes"

Job done.

Mark.

Last edited by FLAT ERIC; 26 April 2004 at 02:35 PM.
Old 26 April 2004, 05:30 PM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

Smile

Thanks guys, what a nice bunch us scooby owners are!

sounds like the knocklink is a worthy investment then?? do mkost people habe them?

by the way, its a STi 2 v ltd, and it goes like f@*k! its an import obviously and its had a wide straight through exaust (no cat) i'm worried about using uk fuel, where would i find the ecu and how can you tell if its aftermarket or not?

thanks again guys...

Old 26 April 2004, 07:00 PM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

Question

any offers on the ecu question, where it is/what the stanard one looks like etc...

thanks

Old 26 April 2004, 07:08 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Passenger footwell under the carpet. Remove the metal plate with 13mm socket IIRC
Old 26 April 2004, 07:53 PM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brun
Passenger footwell under the carpet. Remove the metal plate with 13mm socket IIRC
thanks mate, will it be obvious if its a standard one?