Sponsored by:

WR1 residuals...

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2004, 10:21 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WR1 residuals...

This may seem a bit presumptive since hardly any of these have even been delivered yet, but time waits for no man!

Given that the standard STi Type UK's residual's are in a dire state, I was just wondering to what extent the used car market in the UK will have on WR1 residuals...

I appreciate that just like like the P1 and RB5 residuals weren't affected to the same extent as a "standard" mass produced Type R or UK turbos, then the WR1 won't take as big a hit as say a Type UK STi.

In fact, there is a 53 plate STi PPP on here right now with 5k on clock (barely run in) and figures of £21-22k have been suggested.

Now, for ANY car in this price bracket, £6k is a BIG hit to take in only a couple of months, so I wonder how much a WR1 will fetch in say 12 months or so?

If a year old STi is going for £18-19k private then what are your thoughts/predictions on how much a year old WR1 will cost.

Get your crystal ***** out! (ooh err!)
Old 25 April 2004, 10:25 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They will do slightly better than the 2-door coupe (P1)

But the Impreza simply doesn't command the prices of yesteryear, be them special editions or not - a limited supply will help values - and the WR1 isn't as badly priced new as the P1 was ....... so, I would guess, it will fair better

Pete
Old 25 April 2004, 10:43 PM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by talizman
In fact, there is a 53 plate STi PPP on here right now with 5k on clock (barely run in) and figures of £21-22k have been suggested.

Now, for ANY car in this price bracket, £6k is a BIG hit to take in only a couple of months, so I wonder how much a WR1 will fetch in say 12 months or so?
Depends what people have ended up paying, my 53 plated UK STi ppp cost around £25K new so if I could still get £22K after removing all the bits () it's not a disaster. I thought at the time that £25K was good value when compared to say the P1 or even MY00 UK Turbo.
As for the WR1 there's already talk (On here) of discounts which would obviously soften the depreciation blow for those who take advantage.
Old 25 April 2004, 10:52 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

Stevechaps,

£25k for an STi PPP brand new is a good deal.....
The best deals I have seen on UK cars is around £23.5k plus £2k PPP, but not all dealers are that forthcoming....

if I could still get £22K after removing all the bits
Highly unlikely IMO.... with the PPP you could possibly expect to fetch close to this (circa £21k) but without the PPP, £19k is probably closer to the mark

With regards to the discount on WR1's....

I agree that if you are lucky enough to negotiate a discount then it will soften the blow, but as far as I have seen, there has only been talk of discounts so far.

Has anyone actually had a discount on a WR1?????

Last edited by talizman; 25 April 2004 at 10:56 PM.
Old 25 April 2004, 10:57 PM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

Smile

Sorry, not clear, I meant all the other extra bits like Prodrive Suspension, PFF7's, Strut Braces,WR1 Grille, Splitter,Flaps,Prodrive Grarknob,10 Disc Multi, etc etc etc
I'm sure if you've bought lots of scoobies from your local dealer, visit regularly, spend a **** load on accessories & servicing then deals can be struck . Odd the effect of walking away or talking about FQ330's has
Old 25 April 2004, 11:04 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

If there are discounts then they are having trouble selling them (I well remember the last of the P1's being given away as there was a limited market)

The depreciation will not be any less if discounts are out there - as the secondhand market is MUCH more fickle than the new car market - a BIGGER discount will need to be made to find that second owner

At the end of the day there are only a couple of hundred people who will pay the money for a so-called 'special edition' (which the rest of us, rightly, see as a marketing tool to extract more money off the simple)

Pete
Old 25 April 2004, 11:10 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

The depreciation will not be any less if discounts are out there
Correct, but the point is that the bigger the discount the first owner gets, the less concerned about huge depreciation he can be.

I have not yet heard of anyone actually getting a discount on a WR1..... Good ol' ScoobyNet rumour-mill running riot!
Old 25 April 2004, 11:22 PM
Andy turbo impreza
Scooby Newbie

my brother is a sales man at holdcroft in cheshire and according to them all UK bound WR1s are already sold with exception of the ones that will be used as demo cars!! and as far as discount is concerned it will be unlikey to due there being hardly any aviaiable!!

cheers andy
Old 25 April 2004, 11:28 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Andy turbo impreza
my brother is a sales man at holdcroft in cheshire and according to them all UK bound WR1s are already sold with exception of the ones that will be used as demo cars!! and as far as discount is concerned it will be unlikey to due there being hardly any aviaiable!!

cheers andy
If ALL UK bound cars are sold - why the need for demos???

That simple statement tells me that they are NOT sold at all ....... my brother was a car salesman and they REALLY do NOT know when to stop talking utter bollox!!

Pete
Old 25 April 2004, 11:38 PM
Andy turbo impreza
Scooby Newbie

so many cars are registered for the use of demos so untill the delears get them they cant be sold!!!!
Old 25 April 2004, 11:40 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

If ALL UK bound cars are sold - why the need for demos???
good point.

Or could it be that the ones that have been designated as demos, were done so prior to the first batch of 300 being sold/allocated?

I've read a few threads on SN about folk being marked down for "3rd refusal" or "4th refusal" in case the sales of the cars fall through.

If this is true and people really are lining up to buy them, then how the hell can dealers be offering discounts???

Doesn't make any sense.......
Old 25 April 2004, 11:43 PM
Andy turbo impreza
Scooby Newbie

oh and my brother is the desinated sales man for the WR1 in his show room! so i dont think hes talking bollox!!!
Old 25 April 2004, 11:45 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

If theres any discounts then they cannot sell them for the asking price

If they are all sold then the discount rumour is complete tosh

If the dealers know all the cars are sold they are NOT going to allow ANY they recieve to be demos ...... it kills the price! - instead, they will sell to the top of any waiting list

So? ask yourself ..... are there discounts? or are they all sold?

I don't know the answer BUT both cannot be true!!

Pete
Old 25 April 2004, 11:48 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

oh and my brother is the desinated sales man for the WR1 in his show room! so i dont think hes talking bollox!!!
CORRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Thats like saying that someone is the assistant to the deputy assistant stand-in manager

Car Salesmen talk BOLLOX - always have, always will - nothing wrong with that as long as everyone accepts it as the truth

Pete
Old 25 April 2004, 11:53 PM
scooby-tc
Scooby Regular

Give them 3 years or whenever the warranty runs out and they will be 17k ish.Anyone who pays 30+ on a new impreza wants looking at IMO,nothing more than a bragging toy for up the pub

enjoy
Old 25 April 2004, 11:57 PM
Andy turbo impreza
Scooby Newbie

30k for summat that does 0-100 in roughly 10 seconds cant be bad lol!!!!

cheers andy
Old 26 April 2004, 12:00 AM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

30k for summat that does 0-100 in roughly 10 seconds cant be bad lol!!!!
Oh ****, don't start that one again...

Newbies, I dunno...
Old 26 April 2004, 12:07 AM
Andy turbo impreza
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by pslewis
CORRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Thats like saying that someone is the assistant to the deputy assistant stand-in manager

Car Salesmen talk BOLLOX - always have, always will - nothing wrong with that as long as everyone accepts it as the truth

Pete
he is the manager lol!
Old 26 April 2004, 12:18 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

He is the manager?

So? he declared himself as the sole salesman for the WR1 then?

This gets better and better ..... now tell us he has staff of 2 ... him and the bog cleaner!!?? Ha Ha Ha - come on, he's a sales manager ... and as such he speaks with forked tongue .................... he can't help it - he was born that way!

Pete
Old 26 April 2004, 12:30 AM
Andy turbo impreza
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by pslewis
He is the manager?

So? he declared himself as the sole salesman for the WR1 then?

This gets better and better ..... now tell us he has staff of 2 ... him and the bog cleaner!!?? Ha Ha Ha - come on, he's a sales manager ... and as such he speaks with forked tongue .................... he can't help it - he was born that way!

Pete
ur a **** head and there no need to get personal !!! he is the manager and all intreasts in the WR1 had to go though him cos of the limited number alocated to them (orders of HIS management as they have more then one garage in the group!)! i only said salesman cos it easyier to say than going the long winded way round of tell u how he got there!!!!! im just stating fact as my dad was intrested in bying one and he was told that there was none available cos there were all sold apart from the demos that have been alocated which names had all ready bin taken down for these cars ( which there are still waiting for!!) even though the majority of them where sold b4 they were released!!!!
Old 26 April 2004, 12:38 AM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

Lol, this is what happens when someone picks up Pete's bone and runs off with it...

Andy, as a matter of interest, could you tell us what year you are in school? It'd settle a bet...
Old 26 April 2004, 12:39 AM
Andy turbo impreza
Scooby Newbie

im 24 if ya must know!!!

this is as bad as the saxo forum with peeps slagging and making fun of people!

im just stating facts that i know from a good soarce, but there alway peeps that try and prove u wrong and start a slanging match!!

thought this site would have been different but i gess not!!!

cheers andy

Last edited by Andy turbo impreza; 26 April 2004 at 12:43 AM.
Old 26 April 2004, 12:40 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeez!!!!!!!!!

I may be a ****-head but I can generally spell, and string a coherent sentence together! I take it your brother has a better command of the English language?

So? he says they are all sold eh? That may be true - I may try to order one tomorrow just for the hell of it ...... whats his number, I'll put my bucks his way

Pete
Old 26 April 2004, 01:11 AM
bluenose172
Scooby Regular

Give the guy a break ffs!! Time of the month maybe?
Old 26 April 2004, 02:55 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Theres a fella on here who claims he was offered £1,500 discount not to cancel his WR1 order so perhaps its safe to assume that all dealers arent oversubscribed. Thats assuming that youd sooner sell to number 1 reservist at list price, if there was one...

Simon
Old 26 April 2004, 10:21 AM
Bricksh
Scooby Newbie

http://www.autoebid.com/newSelectCli...5094&other=193

Link to WR1 at £28,500 if true!
Old 26 April 2004, 10:33 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Sorry, but I think that Autoebid link is ****. When you order the WR1 it has to be pre-registered in the owners name before being sent to Prodrive to have all the add-ons stuck on the car.

How an online trader can do this is beyond me. I very much doubt Subaru UK (IM) would supply these places with genuine WR1's. Perhaps they are buying these Solberg editions and importing them, but that's not the same car.

When I test drove a new STI PPP the Dealer ony mentioned the WR1 once. He didn't make a point of saying, "yeah, we've sold them all already".

I would be very surprised if ALL were sold and even more surprised if they are having ones assigned as demo cars. IIRC they never had any proper P1 or RB5 demos. The first time I saw my RB5 was when it rolled off the transporter and I remember the Dealer having a P1 in the showroom coz it wouldn't sell for the asking price.

Only time will tell if the WR1 holds it residuals, but if it's anything like other Imprezas then I don't hold out much hope.

Stefan
Old 26 April 2004, 10:38 AM
LiamWR1
Scooby Regular

I strangely don't give 2 ***** how many are sold, what deals others are getting, its resale value or how many idiots there are driving scoobies!! my money, my toy & if I loose a fvcking shedload on it I still don't care!!
Old 26 April 2004, 10:46 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

if I loose a fvcking shedload
well that's a gimme

If you have £30K to spend and like the WR1, then go for it. I'm sure it'll bring years of driving pleasure. Did you consider spending £30K elsewhere? Evo, BMW, etc..

Before, I wouldn't have considered anything other than another Impreza, but I'm starting to realise there's better cars for the money out there.
Old 26 April 2004, 12:10 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Cool

The Wr1 will lose ( not loose) it's value quite rapidly IMHO.

Comparing the P1 against the Wr1 in terms of residuals is a bit tricky. There was of course 1000 P1s and they were launched towards the end of the classic life. Contrary to dealers 'giving them away', there were only a handful left when I was looking. I managed to get one of the last ones for £29,000. I'll be very surprised if anybody got a better deal than me, especially when I traded in a grey import sti . I have already seen a post on here about somebody offered £1,500 off a WR1, assuming it is true.

Theres too much competition now from other sources, like the 2.5 conversion that trounced the WR1 figures. Undoubtably the WR1 will be a very capable car, but I doubt this will be enough to save it from freefall depreciation.

BTW I was offered £17,000 the other day trade in for my P1 against a 22b from Stan Palmers. A 12k loss over 3 years of ownership for a brand new car is not so bad looking at the new shape depreciation figures. Thats 70% of its value retained, Boxster territory.

Quick Reply: WR1 residuals...