Sponsored by:

Bolney - The Aftermath

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2004, 07:58 AM
Nad
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolney - The Aftermath

Just posting this on behalf of Daz as I help sort out the forums that he isnt a member on:

***** I'M POSTING THIS EXACT SAME POST ON EVERY FORUM THAT I AM A MEMBER OF *****

Hi all,

First of all, I would like to thank everybody who came along to Bolney today ..... although i didn't count the cars this year ... i think we surpassed the numbers from previous years - cars stretched a HUGE distance and it was an INCREDIBLE sight. A big thankyou to all of those who organised the members of the various forums - without your help Bolney would never happen.

The cars that turned up today were sensational - some really top quality motors.

Parking was generally ok ... although a few people turned up MUCH earlier than was asked - which is a shame. I personally feel the carpark was a great success - and most knew that they couldn't park in the carpark and parked elsewhere. I thought the quality of the cars in the carpark was superb ... so my thanks to those owners.

Now the complaints ....

I was pulled over by the Police when i left ... and they have had lots of complaints from the residents in the area. The week before the meet, the Police go round the neighbourhood and let everyone know what's happeneing - so that they are aware. Normally there are NO complaints - but this year, due to the IDIOTS speeding up and down ... the Police had several complaints. Due to these idiots there is a strong chance that we will not be allowed to go back - so this year could well have been the last Bolney. I've made it quite clear that there is no space for people to show what there cars can do, yet some people still insist on trying it on. As you all know, there is limited space on the road ... and there are people everywhere. To be driving through at high speed is absolutely insane - and I was waiting for a big accident.

I look forward to seeing all of the pictures appearing on the net this week - and I thank everyone who came along and "played by the rules".

Nad
Old 27 April 2004, 08:49 PM
Nad
Scooby Regular

THE FUTURE OF BOLNEY

.....is looking safe.

I have spoken to the landlady of the pub, and although she had a few MINOR complaints, they had no problems with what happened on Saturday. Their biggest complaint to me was that some people don't know how to put their litter in the bins provided. They are more than happy for us to go back next year. Apparently, the guy that put his Landrover (or whatever it was) in the middle of the road got in more trouble than any of the Jap car owners ... he was told to move it or it was going to be removed by the Police.

I have also spoken to someone at Sussex Police .... I have basically been told that as long as i can give a 2 week notice of the event, then they can get a permanent presence at the meet for the day. They were very understanding - even though I pointed out about some people driving dangerously .. her comment was "there are always one or two that spoil these events". Basically, they are not too cheesed off .. they are obligated to come out when they have received a couple of complaints .. and that is why they turned up.

So, there is likely to be a meet next year ... and I will ensure that there IS a Police presence - so that we can avoid the idiotic driving from some people.

Oh, and as a side note .... APPARENTLY the Police did a count up of cars on the day ... and measured how far we stretched. They say that there was a 2 mile stretch of Japanese cars ... and they counted just over 1000.

Daz

L8rs

Nad

P.S. It seems one of the main culprits was driving a Scooby with carbon bumper etc???
Old 27 April 2004, 09:00 PM
Tiny
Scooby Regular

Good & Bad news then I had a great Day parked in the car park The fully stickered WRX 01

Tiny..

Make it Bigger next year if we can