Sponsored by:

Techno help required

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2004, 03:15 PM
Chris Mac
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Techno help required

Recently swopped back box and decat center section on MY99 plus changed air filter. Initally things were running much better until about 1 week ago.Started to notice that when pushing on in 3rd 4th 5th the power seems to be coming on then going despite accelerator being depressed. This is really annoying as when driving its like being on a rocking chair. I have no idea what the problem is Is this the maf or turbo ready for going?Just wondered if anyone has any bright ideas of what going on.
Old 19 April 2004, 04:01 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds similar to when my brothers MAF was on the way out on his MY99. Might be to do with the Air filter....heard lots of stories of people having problems with the MAF when they have dabbled with the filter, especially if it is changed for an induction kit type thing.
Old 19 April 2004, 04:30 PM
Chris Mac
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot
Sounds similar to when my brothers MAF was on the way out on his MY99. Might be to do with the Air filter....heard lots of stories of people having problems with the MAF when they have dabbled with the filter, especially if it is changed for an induction kit type thing.
Havent used a itg filter because i was warned off them instead went for a jr racing one which is supposed to be safer re maf!!!!!
Old 19 April 2004, 05:30 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm. not sure then mate...thats about as far as my technical knowledge goes I'm afraid

Hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge will drop by soon and help you some more!