Light adjustment for Europe - MT03

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2004, 08:45 AM
Nigeyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Light adjustment for Europe - MY03

Hi All

Has anybody got any info on what I would need to do to adjust the headlights on my MY03 for Continental Driving. I have been into the local dealer and they didn't have a scooby - LOL they suggested I should just lower the beam with the internal adjuster

Cheers
Nige

Last edited by Nigeyboy; 19 April 2004 at 08:53 AM.
Old 19 April 2004, 10:19 AM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Red face Halfords

Confession time

We come over to the UK by car several times a year and never adjust our lights.

I bought some headlight stickers from Halfords Holland for the purpose (about 10 Euros, if I remember correctly) and always keep the pack on the top of the pile in the glovebox. Plan is that if I ever get stopped I'll claim that have bought the adjusters, but just forgot to put them on... Much better than paying 40 euros a year for the pleasure.

To be honest, I can't imagine that the effect for oncoming drivers is any more disturbing than your typical BMW-driving twit motoring around with their fogs permanently on.

[Flame away if you must]

Suresh
Old 19 April 2004, 11:39 AM
drumsterphil
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Asked the same question in the electrical forum - advice is to lower headlights as much as possible.

This really isn't good enough - did Subaru UK think that no-one would drive their cars in Europe??
Old 19 April 2004, 04:02 PM
harvey
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get a European Touring Pack from the AA which includes stick on beam deflectors and lots of useful info for those unfamiliar with driving on the Continent.
Deflectors etc are also available from some accessory shops including Halfords as already stated.
The French police regularly carry out roadside checks, emission, tyres, insurance, I.D. papers etc. and if they take a shine to you then a fixed on the spot fine for no deflectors is a strong possibility. At certain times eg Le Mans they set their stall out to stop English cars that may stand out for some reason, speed, noise, manner of driving, neons etc.