Spec-C Setup??????

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2004, 03:41 PM
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spec-C Setup??????

team,
Anyone know what the difference between the shock\spring set-up ona spec c and a MY03 Sti....

I'm thinking of going the Prodrive spring kit for my sti, however it still seems quite high at the front end and watching the WRI in a video with the PD srings still seems not stiff enough...

This morning i when for a test in a FQ330 in Leeds and the biggest thing i noticed was how much stiffer the car was compared to my Sti...

It wasn't any quicker buy the feel of it but for defo it was much stiffer sprung...

If i can replicate the scpec C set-up that would be fine or does anyone know of a better\stiffer set-up using Eibac springs???? other that the prodrive ones...
IMO the car needs to be 4cm lower at the front and about 1.5cm at the rear and the same spring rate as the FQ...
Also IMO the reason why the STI is a second slower around a track is the fact that damn thing is set-up too softly when compared to the Evo... it leans way too much in the corners, and i don;t think it it'll be much better with the PD springs...
If I can get the set-up rigt I'll be well happy with my Sti... and won't be departing to an FQ340... on the dark side...

Funny thing at the Mitsi garage... my missus din't like the look of the FQ niether did my doughter and niether did 5 Skateboarders who followed me in the the carpark to look at the car... the sales guy was well upset when he asked them which they prefered... too funny...
Old 12 April 2004, 05:34 PM
ST AYE
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try Iain Litchfield, he has put Eibachs on at least one spec C, so should have a set knocking about