Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fined 4 3/4q sized reg plate!.. .

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2004, 02:04 PM
subaru swift
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face fined 4 3/4q sized reg plate!.. .

i am well pi@@ed off i got a nice new 3/4q size front reg plate last week and i went up town sat nite, loads off cops there but up town not 1 looked and said nothing about my reg but i went a club till 130am and than 1 min after i was behind a cop car he went around aroundabout and than about 1/2 mile he came near my car and pulled me over!. he got out and went 2 the front of my car and said u come hear what is this!, i said it is my show plate as my old reg is in the boot with a crack in it!. but he got me in his car and said i am a lie! and fined me £30! so i went to get some food and though sod it i am not having this so i awent the main cop place and put a claim in about the fine and the copper!.. .

want do u think is it fair to get nicked like this???... .
Old 12 April 2004, 02:13 PM
Fidd
Scooby Regular

What did they say at the cop shop about it all ????

Not on if the copper had a bad attitude torwards you providing you were polite and co-operative.

Did someone say they are public servants whose salaries are paid by all of our taxes ???? .... LOL
Old 12 April 2004, 02:13 PM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

yep . If you can't do the time .....
Old 12 April 2004, 02:19 PM
billythekid
Scooby Regular

Sounds ok to me too.
Old 12 April 2004, 02:24 PM
wrxtankie
Scooby Regular

Location: A.K.A RAIDEN, Watford & Tidworth. V7 STI Type RA Spec C, V2 STI,97JDM WRX, Daytona 675R
Talking

You said yourself its a showplate so its more than likely illegal, You could probably have gotten away with putting it on top of the dash taped to the windscreen.
Old 12 April 2004, 02:26 PM
subaru swift
Scooby Regular

i was nice and talking to them like a mate u know, have u been busy up town, ect... .

but the 1 who give me the ticket said how much did the car cost, insurance ect..., i am 30 so i can aford i nice motor i said. but he said i must be a boy racer and i said ye i go to some meeting and shows but he hust pulled a face.

the cop shop ladie behind the desk was helpfull she wrote down what i said happened and it wouls go off to the taffic h/q asap ie when i pay the fine first and if they think i am in the right i will get my money back!. but i want a sorry off the copper who was a bit funny with me thats all!..... .

i pay me taxes ............ .
Old 12 April 2004, 02:29 PM
subaru swift
Scooby Regular

i told him i had my old 1 in the boot and i was going to get a new one in the morning! so what is beeter no reg or a show reg on the front!.

it was the way he pulled me, that time of morning and no 1 out but the end off nite clubber's and me!.. .

Trending Topics

Old 12 April 2004, 02:42 PM
Fidd
Scooby Regular

At the end of the day if the number plate is under-sized you cannot really argue on that one too strongly.

But I would hold out and get them to explain the coppers attitude. Stopping you for a small plate is no different to stopping you for a light out, dodgy tyre or whatever. There's no need for them to be off about it.

Sadly, this is what seems to happen with the old bill. Like a lot of people, I honestly used to think they were just doing a job, blah blah blah, like you do, but once you have had a run in with attitude problem coppers you see it all so differently.

Next time one asks you what the car cost, insurance etc. ask them whats it got to do with them and to mind their own business .... LOL
Old 12 April 2004, 02:47 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

the speed camera dont recognise them because the font is 2 small.

you admitted they were illegal mate, nothing you can do, pay the fine.

ive had loads, no point in complaining, you wont get anywhere!
Old 12 April 2004, 02:51 PM
Fidd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by j4mou
the speed camera dont recognise them because the font is 2 small.

you admitted they were illegal mate, nothing you can do, pay the fine.

ive had loads, no point in complaining, you wont get anywhere!
Yeah, but some coppers think they are God, and they aint
Old 12 April 2004, 03:02 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

the last time i got pulled, i thought **** it and said really have you got **** all better to do than pull people for their plates? he just grinned and said im doing my job sir. I was like yeah i really respect you! not.
Old 12 April 2004, 03:11 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Put the legal one in a windscreen mount and have your frigged small plate on the Bumper. You can't do this with the rear on though IIRC IMHO

Tony

also I was caught on Camers with Half size Plate and spacing altered and they still found me OK

T*NY W

Last edited by T5NYW; 12 April 2004 at 03:14 PM.
Old 12 April 2004, 03:28 PM
SUBTYPER
Scooby Senior

Sounds like a good idea to get a plate in the front windscreen and a small one on bumper as it would be deemed as legal. That would really blow them away.

I have been stopped a few times for the undercar Neons. Which were blue. Most of the time they local lads were absolutely cracking a great set of boys and girls that seemed really interested in the car.

The only one that gave me the £30.00 fine was a fast response vehicle in Newcastle. I was parked up. Engine off. Out of the vehicle and in my mates Subaru when he pulled in behind us. He was a bit snobby at first then I spotted he had a MCN sticker on his folder and we got talking about bikes. He was dead cool and said he wished we had chatted before he had started writing the ticket as he might of let me off with just turning them off. His partner reckon he thought with two scoobys we were both boy racers. I said fair game no worries. He even told me I could ask for a Mitigation form and ask for the offence to be re-examined. Although what was a joke, as we were talking a Cossie and a Skyline went past like bats out of hell racing. I then asked if my blue lights under the car were more dangerous than those two. He replied I can only deal with one motorist at a time. LOL

Must say have changed the undercar Neons to LEDs now can display 2.1 million different colours and also be totally legal by altering the settings so I got red across the back orange down the sides and white across the front. I love it when they look and cant do a dam thing.